“Fabulous Family Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 10.3 | Cabo del Sol, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #12 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
“Fabulous Family Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our 1st time in Cabo, we arrived Oct. 21, 2012. Our group included couples in their 40s to 80s. Some family members were regulars, spending a month at a time. Every room/suite has an ocean view. Five pools that would appeal to differing vacationers. Fabulous food, including a very extensive breakfast buffet featuring American & Mexican, & restaurants that prepare the fish you catch. And the spa!! Had a geothermal wrap that was 2 hrs long & included exfoliation, wrap & massage. My technician, Siracca?, was so professional & the atmosphere was as luxurious as any spa I've been to. Practically speaking, no one got ill, water was fine to drink, felt very safe, staff was very helpful & seemed happy, golfcarts were readily available for those who wanted (but we walked everywhere). Beach & water was heaven-fish in knee high water. Would go back in a minute!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

1,109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

If I could have I would have given this place a 0 rating. After getting through the "gauntlet" at the airport, we finally made it to the fiesta americana. Upon arrival we were excited to finally be at our destination after a pain in the [--] day of traveling. They gave us margaritas and we felt like the rough travel was all worth it.... Only to then be sat down to be duped into a time share. No problem, I understand this is a common thing in Mexico, but when I explained I didn't need any packages or free breakfast and that I was there for vacation, it quickly turned into a pissing match with the lady (Lynette). I explained we don't want anything other than to meet up with our family who was already there. She insisted on a signature and still insisted on calling us the next day to go to her 90 minute spiel breakfast.

Moving on, there was a huge party of Locals there for a traditional Mexican wedding. At the pool we were completely ignored while the locals were treated quite well. After bringing it up to the pool area manager, he pretty much told us it is what is. My money spends just as well as theirs. We tip well and I'm fairly fluent in spanish as well.

We had a few package items (dolphin swim, four wheel tour, glass bottom boat). When we called the concierge to book them for us, they booked us at the wrong dolphin swim and sent us to the correct one. Quite a mess. We called the concierge to make reservations at Ediths in Cabo San Lucas. They called us back and told us Ediths had nothing available until late in the evening. We then asked them to try Mi Casa restaurant in Cabo San Lucas, to which they never called us back. So we decided screw it, lets just go into town and try. Upon arrival at Ediths we got in right away with empty tables all around, which leads me to believe they wanted us to stay there and pay for their expensive [--] food, which somebody else has mentioned was most likely left over food.

Don't mean to be a negative nancy, it was a very gorgeous resort. I also understand that there are quite a few people who have had awesome experiences at this resort. Unfortunately that was not the case for us. So, not to say its all bad, but just sharing our experience. All said and done, we made the best of it. Although I will NEVER be returning to Fiesta Americana. Aka fiesta of your wallet.

Should be interesting to hear how their management responds to this.....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Beautiful resort, great location! A few miles from shops and downtown Cabo, so you're away from all the hustle and bustle of markets, cruise ship tourists, etc. Great ammenities, doesn't have a "big hotel" feel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Lynnwood, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

You'll meet plenty of people who are happy vacation club owners, some who stay for more than a week. As other reviewers write, it's not close to the nightlife/parties/clubs/marine. For me, vacationing at Fiesta Americana is getting myself centered and back in alignment to what's good/right in my life. There are several pools to choose from, a large expanse of beach, though it is rocky. Peninsula Restaurant used to serve dinner right on the beach, but they've stopped doing that. You can book a private dinner on the beach, and I think there's an additional cost. Do make sure you understand what room you've booked and speak up if you thought you'd booked something else. The rooms in the "Tower" give you a spectacular view of the water with the fishing boats headed out for the day in the morning. Walking is easier if you're in one of the lower level or closer buildings - it's all a matter of taste. Transportation arrangements were more efficient this year and that is appreciated. Going shopping at the WalMart is worth the taxi fare to have a few meals in the room, bottles of water, coffee, other beverages, etc. The rooms are well stocked with dinnerware, cookware, etc. I have seen several of the staff members for three Octobers in a row (2010/2011/2012). The perks received for going to the sales presentation are always worth your while. My friends and I went on sunset dinner cruises in the past, and this year, a fantastic snorkeling cruise. You'll see falcons, pelicans, seagulls, and other birds around the property. There are some pretty big iguanas living in the rocks around the pools. They come out and sun themselves in the afternoon. We called the guy in the photo "Iggy".

Room Tip: The "one bedroom" units have one king-size bed, not two double beds. You can get two beds...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Fishkill, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

All the staff were happy that you are giving them business. Snorkling and fishing right off the beach. The resort acommodated us as much as they could. We were there in October so it was low season so it wasnt crowded at all that may have helped. But again I was impressed the fact stuffs were very genuinly happy to help. I higly recommend this hotel. I used my vacation points to stay there and I am sure I will used them to stay there again.

Room Tip: We asked to move to a room close to restaurants and pools but after a couple of days the original ro...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Corrales, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We are members of the Fiesta Americana Vacation Club and have been to this resort many times. We love the friendly, caring staff and the many pools and outdoor areas. The spa is first class with numerous offerings. It has a very Zen feel to it and has been renovated recently. After your treatment you are offered a glass or wine or tea and a couple of tasty morsels to nibble on.
The resort is built on a cliff so every room has mind blowing views. Golf carts take you from the lobby to your room and back again.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the beach give you the sound of waves crashing. Rooms higher up give you more sweep...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Guadalajara, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at the Villas, particularly in one studio which I have to say was very small when compared to other studios I've stayed, such as Disney or Westin. However the view was great and the furniture was if not excelent, in a very good shape. Facilities were great, especially the restaurant by the pool (excellent!!!) and the Spa. The Resort is located at Cabo del Sol and has a Gold course on site (at Cabo del Sol). What I did not like was the beach, still you can lay down and take the sun with beatifull view.

I would definetely be back at this resort.

Room Tip: Stay the closer possible to the Resort when staying at the Villas.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!