We spent a week at the Finisterra during a fishing tournament in May. There were 8 of us (spouse and myself, our 19 year old son, two other couples and an 10 month old) staying in the Palapa Beach section. My husband, son and I had a one bedroom unit, while the others had the standard rooms. Check in was easy and the staff were very friendly. Communication was a little difficult at times, especially with the housekeeping staff, but one has to be patient when visiting a foreign country. I know if the situation was reversed, I'd have a difficult time understanding their Spanish! We managed fine and had a great week. Our rooms had lovely ocean views, were clean and the house-keeping staff were awesome. I did find the beds to be the hardest I've slept on in Mexico, but didn't lose much sleep. The facilities were beautiful as were the grounds. We swam in the upper pool (very cold), but preferred the lower pool which was heated and extremely comfortable. The food at the pool was very good and reasonably priced. Our only unpleasant experience was at the Blue Marlin restaurant. Service was extremely slow even though we were the first ones seated. A drink was spilled on my son and salads didn't arrive until the meal was served, but most of us enjoyed our meals (especially the lobster and fish) anyway. We were given free desserts for the inconvenience. The Whale Watcher bar was a lovely place to end our night, sitting outside with a beer or a Mexican coffee. We would definitely return to the Hotel Finisterra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. CURRENTLY UNDER RENNOVATIONS IN SOME AREAS AWAY FORM GUESTS TRAFFIC, OPERATING ALL POOLS AND GUESTS ROOMS AND PUBLIC AREAS. Located in the “Heart and Soul of Cabo”!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas