We were in Cabo 37 years ago the first time and the Finisterra was “The hotel”, sorry to say times have change. The rooms are 1980’s three star. The rooms are very large, but the furniture is just outdated, in good condition but old and plastic cheap chairs in the balcony. Towels are thin and in the old side and the amenities the bare you expect. The food was “gringo” fair; it is like that all over tourist Baja except if you go to the holes in the wall far from the “action”. The hotel was in a secluded quiet location. The hotels in Medano beach were extremely noisy- spring break like, megaphones and beer contests. Because tourism is down, we got a “decent” fair from what they charge and even that I found it was too much. Cabo apart from the remaining natural beauty is just like a US beach town, except that the poverty-rich contrast is more extreme. Unfortunately hotels and condos are covering the entire beach and you can hardly see the ocean from the road any more and no Malecon or walk roads are being built. Cabo is not my kind of town any more. The poor are not getting richer, no social improvements go with the expensive hotels and condos. The should add "depends" on the next question "would you recommend the hotel" if the price was right and depending on expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. CURRENTLY UNDER RENNOVATIONS IN SOME AREAS AWAY FORM GUESTS TRAFFIC, OPERATING ALL POOLS AND GUESTS ROOMS AND PUBLIC AREAS. Located in the “Heart and Soul of Cabo”!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas