“great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos

You added Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos to your Saves list
Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Domicilio Conocido Cabo San Lucas, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico (Formerly Hotel Finisterra)   |
Ranked #18 of 68 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Jeffersonville, Indiana
“great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

the hotel was beautiful and the scenery the staff was very nice and helpful. the hotel is within walking distance to town where you can shop and eat and drink. the only negative thing i can say about the hotel is the walls are very thin and you can hear anything that goes on in the rooms next to you. they have three huge swimming pools and a swim up bar which is nice

• Stayed February 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Polish first
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

We spent five nights at Finisterra in June, and it was perfect again. Check in at front desk was quick and easy. We had called in advance and requested a room on the sixth floor of the Palapa Beach Club, as we had stayed here before, and they had us on the 6th floor. The views of the Pacific were wonderful from our patio and its hard to beat the sounds of the waves from there in the evening. I would suggest calling ahead for a room higher up, as the view is better from there.

The wait staff at the pool are friendly and prompt. They have happy hour at the pool from 2:00 - 4:00. Again, a great view of Pacific waves from the bottom of the pool area. We have never had an issue getting chairs to enjoy the pools. The pool closest to the ocean seems to be quieter, while the pool by the swim up bar has more action going on. The ocean on this side of Cabo is not swimmable. There are no vendors on the beach, which makes for great walks up and down Solmar beach. They have free Wifi around the pool area, which makes it nice if you are traveling with your computer. There is also a business area which has computer access for a fee. The menu at the pools met all of our needs and was pretty tasty.

The rooms, while a bit dated, but are clean and the staff has always met any of our requests for extra towels, etc.

We exchanged travel's cheques for pesos at the desk, nearly every evening, for a competitive rate. It is a very short walk into the marina area with Solomon's being the first eating place on the marina that you run into. Pretty easy to get to any of the restaurants downtown off the marina. We walked to Medano Beach one of the days we were there this trip.

Overall, a very good spot if you are looking to do some relaxing during the day. We will certainly be returning in the future, we are big fans!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Downey, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

I checked in for a weeks stay and registered my self and my girlfriend who lives in Cabo. She works during the day. We would get together in the evening for dinner and spend some time together and then she would have to go home to take care of her kids. Everything was ok until my last night when I get a call from the front desk informing me that I have a problem. We go to the front desk and they are giving me a hard time about my girlfriend being there. The manager on duty made several insulting remarks about my friend embarrassing her and me. I told them that I was checking out in the morning and they would never have to deal with this issue again. I would never return to their hotel.

Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

We had our daughter's wedding at the Finisterra. The coordinator (Lupita) was fantastic. She was the only positive thing happening at this hotel. There is no spa, no gym, no beach access, and no activities of any kind. We were told by the concierge that we could get a 50% discount at the neighboring resort in their spa. I made an appointment and took my daughter there for the $100+ pedicure the day of her wedding. I was told there'd never been any discount agreement with the Finisterra!
We had arranged to trade out timeshare there for two weeks. On the afternoon of the 2nd week, we went to our room to find we'd been locked out! No notice whatsoever! They just decided to move us! After an angry exchange, we were downgraded to a smaller room. No apologies ever! They were so rude and uncaring and at the time (June), our party was about the only business they had. The economy had suffered greatly from the Swine Flu and other things and business was way down.
I would most definitely go back to Cabo. They're making great changes with roads and stores and the people are very nice. Just really investigate where you stay.

• Stayed June 2009
New York, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

I attended a friends wedding at the Finesterra recently. While the hotel is decent and clean I found the staff to be less than eager to help. My wake up call was missed, my shuttle to the airport which the hotel arranged didn't show, and the staff was not friendly. Moreover, most amenities weren't being offer, like the spa, due to low occupancy. I would have loved to get a massage and pedicure. Lastly, the food was average at best. I would stay at a different resort if I went back to Cabo.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

My boyfriend has gone once or twice a year for the past 5 years and this will be my 3rd trip...mind you i am a bit of a travel snob though i can totally rough it when the occassioncalls for it... The rooms are very spacious and the ocean views, with a great size balcony are amazing...one of the best views anywhere.

They have several large pools and 2 jacuzzi's..after fishing diving or just walking around the swim up bar in the afternoon is a fun place to hang out. There are enough pools that they are also kid friendly..

The hotel is just a 5 minute (steep hill, ladies, no thin heels here) walk to the downtown marina area...where you can partake in everything Cabo has to offer.

There is no real fitness center here, and i did check out the spa the last time, the massage was just ok..there is a fitness center downtown that you can go to for $5-$10/day depending on how good your bargaining skills are :)

We never eat at the hotel, the boys are always fishing in the morning so we walk down to the marina where they have great breakfasts... Make sure you check out the Baja Cantina..GREAT food, they will cook your fish (as all the restaurants will) the owner Jorge is a very nice man who helped me arrange an Xmas present to have my boyfriends 18 ft fishing boat painted and hung among the depiction of the yachts that hang on the thatched roof of the restaurant..which is both hysterical and super sweet of him..

Overall the Finesterra is grea, not just for the money and location but the rooms are great, clean and spacious... the beds are a little hard, as you will find almost anywhere and I always bring my own pillow so I can't comment on them. Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Stevensville, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

We went down for my son’s wedding. We were not informed that the Blue Marlin restaurant and Whale Watcher Bar were closed. Several other amenities were not available either. They were doing renovations. The rooms were spacious and clean and if you needed something, you got immediately. We had an oceanfront room and the view is exceptional. The food in the bar was good, the pools were great and the whirlpools were nice and warm. We ate at The Office Restaurant and were treated to their Mexican Fiesta. Our rehearsal dinner was at Lorenzillo's and it was fabulous. The wedding coordinator at the Finisterra was great. The wedding set-up on the beach was beautiful as was the wedding itself. Our wedding dinner was in the Palapita Events Center, right on the beach at the hotel. The dinner was great and all of our needs were met. Everyone was delighted with the entire stay and with good cause. This hotel is great!!! Just don't go into the ocean. Tremendous waves will sweep you away. There is a very dangerous undertow. But you can walk along the beach, just be careful to avoid the water. At least you don't have to worry about any vendors since this is a private beach. Bottom line is, if you want an enjoyable stay, want to be waited on, and want great memories, stay here.

• Stayed May 2009

Been to Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos? Share your experiences!