We arrived the end of November for a week. The property is on a large expanse of ocean front and the property is very well maintained. The pools are large with many lounge chairs and there are cactus gardens which we really enjoyed. The beach is groomed and also has many lounge chairs. You cannot swim in the water but there are beaches you can swim at close by. One plus was being within walking distance to downtown. The location of this resort is great.
The not so good: the food was not very good except at the beach house for lunch and supper. This was a bit of a disappointment for us as we stayed at sandos cancun last year where the food is the best we have had at an all inclusive. Hopefully finisterra will learn from their cancun location for meals.
Beach towel exchange was ridiculous. Once again last year when we stayed at sandos cancun there was a beach towel hut where you would go in the morning for beach towels and when you were done you would give them back to the beach hut or even get dry ones if need be. At finisterra you had to take your wet towels back up to your room and hope the poor maid would make her way to your room around 7:30 pm to exchange your towels. If the maid did not show up you had to go down to the front desk where they would argue with you about how many beach towels you should get.
Check in at front desk was not a good experience as it took a very long time and they nearly took blood before we finally got our room (part of this was a sly time share sell which we refused). Staff at check in were not helpful and always acted as if they were being put out by dealing with hotel guests. (The waiting staff work very hard working especially at the beach restaurant, one such staff I think was Fernando although all the staff at the two restaurants by the beach were great). Again finisterra front desk should learn from sandos cancun as that front desk in Cancun was phenomenal. They went to such lengths in cancun at front desk that cancun staff should train finisterra.
All in all this could be better than sandos cancun because of the great resort grounds. They need to really work on the above and just really bring the standards up to those of Sandos cancun.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. CURRENTLY UNDER RENNOVATIONS IN SOME AREAS AWAY FORM GUESTS TRAFFIC, OPERATING ALL POOLS AND GUESTS ROOMS AND PUBLIC AREAS. Located in the “Heart and Soul of Cabo”!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.