“Will definately return :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos

You added Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos to your Saves list
Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Domicilio Conocido Cabo San Lucas, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico (Formerly Hotel Finisterra)   |
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Campbell River, Canada
“Will definately return :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The check-in process was quick and easy. We were greeted with a glass of champagne.
Our room was clean, spacious and had a lovely ocean view. Housekeeping was terrific with the daily cleans.
The resort has three very large pools. They were clean and always uncrowded. The reort is small compared to others but has the biggest pools I have ever seen.
The food was great. 24 hour room service is a bonus. Service at all the restaurants was quick and efficient.
The location is fantastic. Out the front door and down the driveway and you are right in town.
No taxis required. The marina is right there and a great place to eat, shop or take a tour. Town is safe and fun. Full of shops and reataurants.
There is no swimming at this beach. However the waves are magnificent. Hearing the ocean at night and watching the waves during the day was fun.
The best thing about Sandos is the staff. They are truly fantastic. Every staff member we encountered went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and taken care of. This make staying there again an easy choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Polish first
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

For those of you who want a quick review in a nutshell, Finisterra is great! I have no hesitation giving it a fabulous review. For those of you who want more details, here is the nitty gritty. This is a far cry from the old Finisterra. Now sleek, chic and modern with an appreciation of the natural landscape, you will not be disappointed. It is an iconic hotel within the heart of Cabo San Lucas, within walking distance of many bars, restaurants and activities. I honestly do not think you can find a better all inclusive property in the heart of Cabos.

Room: We stayed in the new Finisterra suite located in the iconic section of the hotel that has been remastered to provide chic, modern accommodations. The suite is very large, overlooking the marina which provides a great nighttime view. The large jacuzzi tub and double sink area is open to the main room with separate toilet and shower areas. A comfortable living area with pull out sofa is at the far end before exiting to the balcony. Shower provided plenty of hot water, blow dryers were powerful, and linens lovely. There is a water cooler for fresh water, safe and stocked mini-fridge (three types of cervezas and sodas, small chocolate bars). The bellboys (who are fantastic, always smiling and helpful) had the luggage in our room when we arrived up and showed us the ins and outs of the room. There are beach towels in your room for your use throughout the day, and these are replenished daily for use the next day.

Dining:

Don Diego ~ we had breakfast here each morning and there is something for everyone. Fresh fruit, yogurt, nuts, meats, cheeses, eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausages, donuts, bagels, muffins, made-to-order egg station, you name it, it was here. Always extremely fresh and proper temperature. We also ate here one evening for dinner, and the shrimp kabobs are the best I have ever had in my life, ever! The restaurant offers a “juice of the day” which is a chef creation of blended juices and herbs. We had a carrot and rosemary blend that was very good.

Algave ~ we ate lunch here twice, located off the main pool area. The fish cerviche was amazing and so was the fresh grilled fish. I also enjoyed the fish tacos here. Service from Norma was always done with a big smile, she is great.

Tortuga ~ this is where we had lunch most days because the salads and pizzas could not be beat. The four seasons pizza with artichokes was the best pizza, and all of the salads were fresh with a variety of dressings. My husband had the sweet potato and apple salad and said it was quite good as well. One day we did eat off the bagel menu for bagel sandwiches ~ I had the Manhattan and my husband the Explosive Fireman (spicy!) - both were good. The hamburgers are a safe bet as well.

We had dinner here several times as well. A hint for those of you ordering the surf and turf, the shrimp and steak come with a gravy, type sauce that isn’t necessarily for everyone, so the second night the waiter offered to bring it on the side which my husband would recommend. I had the tequila shrimp and would recommend them. We had great service from Rigoberto Medina one evening, he made our night. He is a great guy.

Blue Marlin ~ we had a la carte dining here several nights. We had the opportunity to meet Jesus, captain, and some of his great staff such as Abraham and Fransisco. They offer the pizzas here again in the evening, but again, I had the shrimp, very good and my husband enjoyed the tuna (although ask for it medium rare or it will be overdone). This team of wait staff went above and beyond the one evening, bringing us a lovely bottle of wine and Abraham made speciality fire coffees at the end of the meal (with pure joy while he did it, what a gem). Even the other staff seemed to enjoy his show!

Room Service ~ we ordered one evening, it came quickly (25 minutes) and was easily ordered and properly filled. The shrimp cocktail are large and plentiful. I enjoyed the fajitas but although not bad, my husband wouldn’t likely order the mexican combination platter again.

Stones Bar ~ this is a highlight of the hotel. Make sure you go one evening when it opens at 6 pm to try and get a glimpse of this bar during daylight hours because it is beautiful. The natural rock mountain is the formation of the one wall. Again, chic modern decor sets off the entire bar, complete with disco balls and lit dance floor area. This was formerly the Whale Watchers bar and it provides a large observation window to the Pacific. Breathtaking view. The entertainment staff, after their show in the Finisterra plaza, comes up to the disco to provide additional entertainment. We caught a major prize fight on the big screen, experienced a live band and a casino night put on by the entertainment staff.

Entertainment team ~ hats off to this group, they are always smiling and encouraging without pushing. Often they had few takers to participate in the planned activities but as the hotel occupancy increases, I hope they are able to get more people involved. The director, Joel, is a bundle of fun energy, always positive, always had time to chat. We know him from his previous work in the Riviera Maya and he is a great asset to Finisterra. As well, Alex seemed to be well loved by guests! The music piped in and around the resort is a great mix of all kinds of different types of music. It was refreshing not to have the same old tracks played over and over again.

Pools ~ there are three main pools and one VIP pool. A quiet pool, an adult pool with swim up bar and an activity pool. As well, the VIP is located up by Don Diego and the suites section. It is a small pool overlooking the marina and Sea of Cortez. Jaimie and Manual provided great bar service and made wonderful drinks. While we were there, the main pools and beach received new lounge chairs that are beautiful and very comfortable, complete with arm rests. They really are nice.

Spa ~ this is another amazing aspect of Finisterra. Again, incorporating the natural stone mountains into the architecture, the spa is a relaxing, professional spa with a variety of services and rooms/views available. My husband enjoyed his 80 minute relaxation massage, and Emma gave me an introduction to reflexology that was very relaxing as well. Hands down this is the most beautiful and professional spa I have been to. Make sure you go early to enjoy many of the amenities such as the steam room, sauna and water features.

Gym ~ I will admit, I did not use the gym,. but went to go look at. It is a state of the art facility with a knowledgeable trainer to help you. It overlooks the marina as well, and again, like everything at Finisterra, has the best of the best in terms of machines and equipment.

Kids Club ~ there were few children at the resort while we were there, but we did speak to one family who had accessed the kids club with its small climb/gym centre and room full of activities. The children had been provided with a large number of bright, shiny new toys to play with poolside, something I know the parents appreciated having access to.

All in all, we are glad we made the trek to Cabo San Lucas for the first time. The beauty of the area is bewitching and one can’t help to fall in love with Finisterra. We were able to walk the beach a long way, while listening and viewing the majestic Pacific waves. We look forward to returning next fall!

Room Tip: Finisterra suites are gorgeous.
Dauphin, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Our first trip to Cabo and it just may be one of our favourite Mexico destinations and staying at the Sandos Finisterra certainly will be the place we would return. Early October so the hotel was not busy but we were very impressed with the poolside welcome reception where hotel management were introduced and mingled with hotel guests asking for feedback. Service personnel - Betza and J. Caesar provided fast and friendly service - making our stay fun and memorable. Both had such a great sense of humour - thank you. Location of this resort is excellent - pool / marina / ocean / shopping / restaurants - all within short walking distances. View of marina from Don Diego's restaurant was spectacular! Breakfasts and lunch were great. Tired of the evening buffet as most of the dishes were repetitive. Resort could use a couple more a la carte restaurants which we understand is planned for near future. All round great place, great value. Señor Tomatoe will be back. :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Shoreview, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Once again the staff out did themselves. Richard greeted me with a big hug and kiss on the cheek. Rodolfo remembered us from our February vacation when we renewed our vows on the beach at sun set. It really impressed me that he remembered us as you can imagine how many guests he serves. Lupita, the event planner, also remembered us. I thanked her again for the most romantic anniversary ever. The friendly, dedicated staff make you feel right at home and tend to your every want or need. Misael at the pool bar was great, always had a cold one in our hands. The food was excellent as always. We love the Marina view, especially all the lights at night, absolutely stunning. We are already planning our return trip in February to celebrate our anniversary!

Room Tip: We purchased through Josh and Richard in October 2012. Richard ensured we had the best room availab...
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stay in CABO every year at another resort. This year, we decided to add on to the end of planned vacation and stay all inclusive for TWO DAYS at Sandos Finisterra. Let me start by saying the food was decent, the drinks were cold, the resort is beautiful and parts have been newly renovated. We checked and were greeted with champagne. The person that greeted us immediately started in with the time share schpeel. We are smart and know how to avoid that. WE BOOKED THROUGH EXPEDIA- were supposed to have round trip airport shuttle wich we spent 45 minutes with concierge trying to figure out HOW TO use it! Something about a voucher?) The manager, Marcel, explained that we had purchased a room with one king bed and no pull out bed couch. We showed him the confirmation and said "It says request- not required"...Ohhhkay....so he showed us the room on the ground level that would be similar to the one that we paid for. It smelled like a dog slept in the corner and was hideous. He then walked us to the FURTHEST building and showed us a beautiful room that would accommodate our family for an extra $100. Whatever, we upgraded- not wanting to sleep in a dog bed. We upgraded, paid part cash and part Credit Card and went to go eat lunch because the room wasn't ready. We came back at 4:30 (check in was at 3pm) to pick up our room keys because we had checked in earlier....We were told that we had to stand in line AGAIN for 45 minutes to get the room keys! There was a lot of people checking in but we had already done it! Give me the keys and we will be on our way! I guess they were pissed that we were only there for 2 days and we said NO to the timeshare. There were MANY people in the check out line complaining about the same things. On our last day, right before check out we were all packed up and we headed to breakfast when our room key DIDN'T OPEN THE DOOR!~ I called down to the front desk - explained that we were about to check out and the key didnt open the door. Gina told me I had to come all the way down to the front desk for a new key. I go down to the front desk and Eduardo gave me a new key. Guess what? IT STILLL DIDNT WORK! 2 hours later a locksmith came and fixed it.
HERES THE DOOSEY....Upon check out they had NO RECORD OF OUR CASH PAYMENTS THAT WE MADE FOR THE ROOM RESERVATION TWO DAYS PRIOR. (Paid part cash and part CC) Eduardo made up some excuse about 'management must have put the cash in the safe'. We spend a considerable amount of time in Cabo but will NEVER EVER go to Finnistera. Oh, and to top it all off- our family did a painiting craft by the pool one day and because I was so flustered at the front desk losing my cash I forgot to pick up my souvenir. I have called NON STOP since Ive been back and CANT GET THROUGH. SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE- RUN AS FAR AWAY FROM FINISTERRA AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN. NIGHTMARE! Shame on Expedia too for not providing airport transfer tickets on my itinerary....

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
VentasFinisterra, Manager at Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We are truly sorry to hear that your Sandos Finisterra experience was not of your full satisfaction, we extend to you our most sincere apologies for this.

I was fortunate to contact your husband on the phone and I would like to thank you both for the conversation I had with him.

After reading your comments, we have addressed your concerns with the involved departments.

Regarding the comment of the smell in the first room you have visited, these rooms were recently renovated and painted, and that was the first time in use, maybe that was the cause of it, I went to the room to confirm if there is kind of odor and at the momment everthing is fine.

Concerning the paint crafts, we have sent them via a courrier company to the address that we have in our registration records.

We truly apologize once again and hope serve you again in the future and show that we really paid attention to your valuable comments

Sincerely yours;
Dauphin, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I recently returned from a one week vacation at Sandos Finisterra and we both thoroughly enjoyed it! The resort is located right where all the action is near the Marina and all the best restaurants and night clubs. We would definitely choose this hotel again because of that. It was very convenient to get up in the morning and walk down the marina and into the downtown area. The views from Don Diego's Restaurant are beautiful also as it is located on the seventh floor of the resort and overlooks the marina and the bay! Because we were in Cabo in early October, it was very quiet at the resort and this was exactly what we wanted. Our days around the pool were made very special by our two favorites Betza and J. Caesar. They looked after us very well and kept us all laughing! We miss you guys! You were terrific and made our holiday so much more fun!! Thank you!! We hope to see you next year again!

Antelope, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

So we had and 8 day 7 night stay. Airfare and hotel all inclusive everything includes. It was a great deal. We started off in a jr suite ocean view. The view from the balcony was beautiful. Now the room wasn't so great. The safe didn't work. The room smelt musty. It was older. The shower I had to call and figure out how to work it. The water thing that was supposed to filter the water SUCKED!
After two days we paid to up grade (got a great deal to up grade our last 5 night.). The new room was more clean home like feeling. Not much of a complaint with the new room except we had no shower door.
The food was good some days others not bit that can be with any resturant depending ob the cook. Although the Tortuga down by the water I had the biggest complaint about. The bar tender licked his fingers quit a few times after making drinks and then touched the cups ewww. Don diego Sucked. The service was good but food not so much. Order room service for breakfast. Although one day we waited for it and it bever came.
Bring you own one dollar bills cause if u aak for change they say they only have fives cause they want u to tip them in fives. Sorry with me that ain't gonna happen.
The location is soo perfect. Did the time share thing was agood but we hadn't even been there 24hours to see if we wanted it.
House keeping didn't come one day.
So here is the overall. The upgraded rooms are awesome. Order room service for breakfast. The CASINO SHOW IS AWESOME. Alex the pool guy is funny exspecially for us californis people who won bingo every day we played. Kids club seems cool didn't get a chance to use it but seen other kids there who were having fun. The pinata time was soo cute and fun. Drinks were ok although one drink didn't seem to have acohol and come to find out it didn't because the bottle was display. Timeshare not for us. But could be for others. Great pool service. Lastly they bang on the doors for room service they should knock softly first then louder. Over all I would go back!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear reviewer:

We thank you for bringing to our attention the feed back of your vacations, I am sorry that we did not fulfilled every single aspect of your stay and I do apologize for that.

We at Sandos encourage our guest to fill up the guest survey available in the properties and truly believe and follow up on them, your comments had been addressed with the involved departments and I assure you that your contribution will be used to improve.

We thank you for letting us know that you would come back, and pope to have again as a guest at Sandos Finisterra.

Cordially yours,

Been to Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos? Share your experiences!