My girlfriend and I stayed at the Finisterra the second week of August and had a wonderful time. We have stayed at many all inclusive resorts in the past, mostly Cancun. This was our first trip to Cabo. Many reviews talk about the construction at the property and honestly you hardly notice it. It doesn't effect any of the pools, restaurants or beach. It was on the backside/bayside of the property when we were there and was minimal. The views from every angle of this hotel were beautiful and breathtaking. The service was fantastic overall. There were some slower staff but most were more than attentive and accommodating.
The restaurants were what we expect from an all inclusive resort at this price point. We thought it was good, not great. There was always something to eat that we liked. Breakfast and lunch were the best. Food was presented well and the restaurants were very nice and clean. The restaurants were all remodeled and again service was great. There were only two choices for dinner, a buffet and the restaurant. We thought the buffet was much better than the restaurant (Blue Marlin). We ate the buffet 5 of 6 nights we were there. For lunch there were two options, both restaurant style with large menus with good food. Now for drinks: they were fabulous. Many choices with different Mexican beers and higher caliber liquor (not just well). Mini bar in room was always stocked with beer and soda and a water jug. Rudolfo at the pool bar was great. Make sure to tip!!!
Rooms: We stayed in a junior ocean front suite, which is what was included in our bookit.com reservation. It was an older room but plenty sufficient. The view was direct ocean view looking over the pool from the 6th floor. It was older and smaller than other rooms we have stayed in. It did have a flat screen tv, but bedding and drapes were old. We were underwhelmed at first, but it ended up not bothering us, we actually slept great, the bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. I didn't see one bug in the room as other reviewers noted and the shower had plenty of hot water (terrible pressure but hot). It really didn't effect our trip but don't expect a luxury suite at this price point. I heard the newer rooms were on the bayside (where the construction is) so consider that. Also far from pool, beach, etc.
Non swimmable beach: This is not something the resort can control, but for us it was the most disappointing part of the trip. The beach at the resort is beautiful and fun to walk along and watch the huge waves crash in. It is very dangerous though and you can't swim in it or wade in it or even go past your ankles. The tide is just too rough from the Pacific waves. A swimmable beach is about a 20-30 minute walk through the entire marina which doesn't sound too bad, except for it being 97 degrees in August and there are about 100 peddlers selling everything you can think of. It was a very annoying and hot walk. Medano beach is great to swim in if you can tolerate the walk. Pools at the resort make up for this as they are gorgeous and there are at least 4. Don't forget the chill pool up by the restaurant, very nice shade and chairs. There are kids and adult pools and an activity pool. Resort was quiet when we were there wasn't much of a party scene during the day at the pool or at night.
Something in the pool was turning our bathing suits greenish yellow so don't wear a white suit in the pool. Not sure what that was but several of us noticed it.
Overall, this is a great place for the money. The location can't be beat. It is close to town, only about a five to ten minute walk to cabo wabo, squid roe, etc. Peddlers there selling things too, fyi.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. CURRENTLY UNDER RENNOVATIONS IN SOME AREAS AWAY FORM GUESTS TRAFFIC, OPERATING ALL POOLS AND GUESTS ROOMS AND PUBLIC AREAS. Located in the “Heart and Soul of Cabo”!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Booking.com, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.