I stayed at the Hotel Finisterra from April 4th to April 11th, 2013. Two of us stayed in a large room with a view of the Pacific. We were in room 230 and it actually had a wifi signal there which was reasonably good on the balcony. This was a surprise as we were told that we needed to be in the lobby for wifi. Our room was large with two double beds and a small sitting area. The bathtub-toilet area was rather dark and dated but clean. There was some construction happening around the pool as well as next door but it was not noisy in the evening. We didn't spend a whole lot of time in the hotel room so this noise was not bothersome. This hotel is in an excellent location and it's just a short walking distance from the marina, lover's beach, and the trailhead up to Mt. Solmar, the hill with the cross at the top. The beach, Playa del Solmar is almost deserted. When walking along the beach towards Lands End it's actually possible to get to Divorce Beach if you don't mind climbing over some boulders. The staff were helpful and friendly. My only complaint is that when requesting where to see a doctor we were referred to a private CLEARLY FOR PROFIT medical facility called CLINICA MEDICA rather than to a public hospital where a 18 hour overnight stay cost $6000. Also when ordering a taxi to take us back to the airport we had to pay the hotel in advance instead of paying the taxi driver as I'm used to doing not giving us the option to negotiate the price. I would definitely return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. CURRENTLY UNDER RENNOVATIONS IN SOME AREAS AWAY FORM GUESTS TRAFFIC, OPERATING ALL POOLS AND GUESTS ROOMS AND PUBLIC AREAS. Located in the “Heart and Soul of Cabo”!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas