We stayed at HF February 11th through the 16th. Found HF through Groupon Getaways and decided to book even after reading mixed reviews on TripAdvisor. We choose the All-inclusive option though Groupon. What a great place! We were aware ahead of time that the place was under construction but for what we paid to stay there for 5 nights it was still a good deal.
Several weeks after booking we got an email from the Sandos company letting us know the construction was not going to be complete in time for our stay and offered us free transportation to and from the airport and a couple's massage. Nice! So great to have someone meet you at the airport and not have to wait for a group!
The staff at the desk were helpful and professional. Oddly, we were told both restaurants were open but when we went to check them out the Whale Watcher was completely gutted on the inside. Not a big deal....the menu at the other place was great. We sat under their pergola every night for dinner and practically had the place to ourselves. Breakfast was busier but delicious! The staff did seem confused about our All-inclusive status at times during our stay, especially when it came time to tip. Our package did include gratuity but we weren't sure if they understood that. So we left them cash at almost every meal because we felt bad. Not a big deal.
Pools were great....no problems getting chairs ever. Beach was super clean! Service at pool was fantastic....staff is very attentive! Also loved the DJ and the event coordinator.....how fun to play afternoon trivia poolside with everyone shouting out answers!
Our room had a beautiful view of the pools and ocean....we could see whales spouting! We were on the 5th floor. Balconey was nice....and the only steady WiFi connection in the room. It was a little slow but we were on vacation so who cares about checking your email! We could hear construction noise if we went to our room during the day....most of our time was spent poolside so not an issue.
We did rent a car one day to drive to Todos Santos. It cost $68 all together....much better deal than the guided Hotel California trip through the concierge that would have been $140 for both of us. Beautiful drive! It's pretty much one highway so if you are brave try it!
HF is also just across the street from the marina....it makes for a nice evening walk to shop and people watch. Perfect location!
Thanks, Hotel Finisterra! Can't wait to see what the new additions will be!
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. CURRENTLY UNDER RENNOVATIONS IN SOME AREAS AWAY FORM GUESTS TRAFFIC, OPERATING ALL POOLS AND GUESTS ROOMS AND PUBLIC AREAS. Located in the “Heart and Soul of Cabo”!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.