We bought our first timeshare at the Finisterra in 1994 and have bought three more weeks since then. All of our weeks were in the "old" section--our favorite place despite aging problems and minimal updating. Never have we been disappointed with the cleanliness of our rooms nor the helpfulness of the staff, many of whom have been at the Finisterra since we started coming to Cabo. The staff has remained positive and are some of the kindest, most helpful we have met. We consider them friends, and hope the new owners realize that the employees are what have kept things running (not the owners) despite all of the negative comments that have been posted. Please do not let any of them go! They have ALWAYS made our visits wonderful, despite the lack of maintenance in some areas. Employees can only do so much without funding from a politician owner. But we all overlooked problems because of them!
Our biggest fear now is that we will be forced to buy into an all-inclusive plan for our meals. Besides loving to cook, I and my husband love to patronize all of the easily accessible small restaurants downtown. We will be asking the new resort owner to please not force us into the all-inclusive meal plans. If one is staying on the corridor, then it might make sense; for those of us staying at the Finisterra, this does not! Rather, they should offer discounted prices to owners, and maybe we will then voluntarily choose to eat one or two meals a day at the resort. We love the happy hours (best drinks around), the Finisterra Nachos are the best in Cabo, and the calamari at the pool are super!
As I said, it's been a great time; I hope it will continue to be so until our contracts expire.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. CURRENTLY UNDER RENNOVATIONS IN SOME AREAS AWAY FORM GUESTS TRAFFIC, OPERATING ALL POOLS AND GUESTS ROOMS AND PUBLIC AREAS. Located in the “Heart and Soul of Cabo”!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.