From other reviews we were kind of hesitant about how the hotel was going to turn out. Upon arrival we were relieved that it was better than expected. We had a time share so we ended up getting a good deal. We stayed in the standard room but were pleased to know it had a balcony area with a table and chairs along with a full kitchen.
The first positive thing we noticed about this hotel was how nice the staff was. They gave us advice about when to use american money and when we should exchange for pesos to get the most out of our money. The exchange rate they abided by at the hotel when we were there was 12 pesos for every 1 dollar, which was about average. Every day our room was cleaned from top to bottom. She even went as far as cleaning our dishes and putting them away while we were out. The bed was wider than a regular king. The t.v. got decent channels; good for watching the news or sports while eating breakfast. The pool area was nice with an upper and lower pool. They also have a great separate kid pool area with seats for parents to sit and watch. Also while exploring, we came across a game room area with flat screen t.v.'s on the wall. We never hung out in there but was good to know it was there if needed. They have rooftop decks on top of two of the buildings where you can hang out, good if you plan on traveling with a larger group.
Of course the hotel also had its downsides. The major one was that it wasn't located right on the beach so anytime we wanted to go to town we took a taxi which costed us $10 each way. Being that there is ample parking available, renting a car probably would have been a better way to go. Walmart is just across the way and is a $5 taxi ride each way. Well worth it to stock up on some food and save a bit of money. We ate at the restaurant a couple times. Food was good but a little bit expensive. However, it was worth not spending the money on a taxi to go into town. Another downside was the smell. However, the sprinklers didn't come on until around midnight and by morning the smell was gone so we only ran into the problem a couple of times when we were sitting on the balcony late at night. Also the noise from the neighbors was a little loud. I still can't figure out why any one would be doing dishes at 1 in the morning and then again at 6 in the morning, still boggles my mind. However, they were the only people staying next to us so we didn't have to worry about any one else.
Overall it's a good hotel for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You have just discovered the gateway to a fabulous golf vacation in the heart of Cabo San Lucas,this sprawling resort is composed of 74 rooms, nestled among 745 acres of native Baja foliage, colonial architecture and brickwork merge with personalized service to create a charming yet modern property that stands apart from larger hotels in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Booking.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Los Cabos Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Cabos Golf Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Los Cabos Hotel
- Los Cabos Resort
- Los Cabos Golf Resort Cabo San Lucas