“Great, Quiet Vacation Spot!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Los Cabos Golf Resort

You added Los Cabos Golf Resort to your Saves list
Los Cabos Golf Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Via de Carlos Lote No. 601 | Carr. Transpeninsular Km 3.7, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #40 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Houston, TX
“Great, Quiet Vacation Spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I rented two condos during the first week of July 2012. My son and I had a second floor condo and my mom and aunt were in the condo directly beneath us. This was my third trip to Cabo and my first time staying at Los Cabos Golf Resort. The resort grounds and condo were very nice. Our rooms had double beds, a very large shower/bathroom, an adequate kitchen (sink was very small, but had a microwave, cook top, small fridge and all utensils/cookware) and a nice balcony where we ate breakfast every morning. The beds were hard, but you can ask the maid or reception desk for a free foam mattress top. The resort has a really nice pool area with swim up bar and a putting green next to it. There's an underground lounge area and gameroom. Overall, we were very impressed. The staff was unexpectedly gracious. I was 7 months pregnant and they took extra care of me. They also have laundry facilities onsite. The location for me was ideal. Its fairly close to the action/beach (about 3-5 minute car ride), but gated and secluded to provide that nice privacy and relaxation (no beach solicitors!!). The only real drawback to this place is that the free wifi is only available in the pool/lounge/restaurant/lobby area. Its not a big deal, as that was only steps from our room.

I did read some of the other reviews about this place being for older couples. I disagree. I booked the place fully expecting that but was surprised at the variety of guests. There were college age kids, older couples and families. And we all had a great time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I did not stay at the resort but golfed at the country club I believe is affiliated with the resort:Cabo San Lucas Country Club. The course is very challenging and long. The tee boxes and greens were in impeccable shape. The beer cart girl offered and made some great drinks.

The course uses reclaimed water. As a result, an aweful stench eminated at holes near water features. I wouldn't recommend trying to get balls that land in the water. The club does not offer yardage books, which means you're guessing on your approach shot and distances to carry certain bunkers and water features. The fairways were in so-so shape.

There are only a handful of holes with some decent views. This is a dessert course, and no where near the ocean. From what I can remember, about 4 or 5 holes offered far off views of the ocean.

As I mentioned I did not stay at the resort, but some of the holes were near the resort. The resort seemed erily quiet. Compared to other course in Cabo, this was the cheapest round, but still overpriced.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Everett, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We love Los Cabos Golf and Country Club! Beautiful Spanish Style Villas including a large fully equipped kitchen, large bathrooms, large patio, comfortable furniture with no cutting corners of amenities provided. The pool is delightful and the restaurant/bar is very tasty and affordable too. Grocery shopping is within walking distance if you need/want to purchase anything for cooking/mixing drinks or anything else such as flip flops, sunscreen, contact solution, etc (almost anything!). Short cab rides to town with No Taxi wait at this resort - they're very quick.
If you have a large party - there are nice private party areas where you can gather and enjoy drinks/appetizers on a roof top deck area. There is one night a week (typically Tuesdays) where you get free margaritas and chips/salsa for a couple of hours and live local entertainment is provided. They were fantastic! Thanks!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a small, comfortable, quiet resort with nice rooms; a huge, warm hot tub; and a lovely, small restaurant. Most guests are golfers. We enjoyed our week, and would go again. If this were my only trip to Cabo, I wouldn't choose this resort. But it is a nice contrast to the more lavish resorts.[I had a terrific massage.]

Room Tip: Not a great view from the M building.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Do not trust the timeshare deals and bonuses they offer if you attend the information session. The resort obviously needs money as they have yet to finish. Overall it was nice, but I was so irritated by the constant badgering of timeshare salesmen - because of this, I was quite disappointed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Me, my wife, adult daughter and grandson had a great eight days at this resort. If you want peace and quiet this is the place. The food was good and no more expensive than any other resort in Cabo. The villa we stayed in was very large and beautifully decorated. You have to take a cab to get around, but the other places in Cabo we stayed at were the same. The staff were nice, and our waiter, Felix was very attentive to our slightest wish.

Room Tip: We had a luxury villa. I think that they upgraded us. All you have to do is let them know how many p...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

On my recent trip to Los Cabos I was offered incentives to tour this resort because I'm a golfer. Upon arriving for the tour I was totally dissapointed. This is one of those master planned community that never got off the ground. From the front gate to the lobby you'll pass through about half a mile of dirt and ugly undeveloped land. When I arrived at the lobby I can tell the resort is outdated and uninviting comparing to other resorts in Cabos. My guess is that the resort is about 15-20 years old.
I was greeted by the tour person, then a local spanish speaking man came out and told me to sit and wait. After he reviewed my invitation he then said, we can't offer you the incentives (a combination of cash and excursions), and as an alternative we can offer you two rounds of golf at our resort. Clearly it was a bait and switch. I will never fall for this again, and advise others to be cautious of the dishonest marketing practices and unprofessional management team at this resort!

Room Tip: Very outdated and old. Unless you are really old school...but for under $100/night you can't ex...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Los Cabos Golf Resort? Share your experiences!