“Perfect for location, relaxation and a wonderful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Los Cabos Golf Resort

Save Saved
You added Los Cabos Golf Resort to your Saves list
Los Cabos Golf Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Via de Carlos Lote No. 601 | Carr. Transpeninsular Km 3.7, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #35 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Sarasota, Florida
“Perfect for location, relaxation and a wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

This was my second trip to Cabo and second time staying at the Los Cabos Golf Resort. The best reason to stay at this resort is for the location and abilty to relax. You are located just outside Cabo, with a view of the town and beach from our blacony we were a five minute cab ride into town. They have their own taxis on site and all of them charge the same rate 100 pesos or 10 dollars to anywhere in town or Medano beach. They allow you access to resorts on Medano beach so you can go there for the day, enjoy their pool, chairs, bar, etc. Then you can come back home to this cozy resort where you can relax by the clean pool without 500 people around and no music blasting. My wife and I are in our mid 20's, trust me, you can go into town and enjoy all of the fun but coming back to the peaceful resort is just awesome. The grounds are impecible, the rooms are beautiful and clean, the pool is clean, the golf course was decent and a bit overpriced - dry - i'm sure its better during the winter season. Spa onsite is tiny but nice, gym is also nice but the size of a closet. Most of all; the staff here makes it a great experience. Ramon at the bar will make you feel like part of his family. Pedro in the restaurant will greet you by name everytime you pass by and hand you a margarita. Janeth at the front desk is wonderful and will patiently take care of whatever you need. If this is what you are looking for, and at an unbeatable value, this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

My family and I just arrived from a 10 day trip to Los Cabos Golf Resort and we LOVED it! Upon arriving the first thing that grasped our attention was the fact this resort has security to let cars in and out. This is a very unique feature because not many resorts have this exclusivity and it made us feel a sense of safety from the beginning. Once we arrived at the front desk, we were immediately greeted by the friendly staff with margaritas and fresh lemonade. The concierge was extremely helpful in informing us about the best places to visit and where the cheapest prices were located.

Upon arriving to our room, we immediately noticed it was SUPER clean, which for me to say the rooms are SUPER clean means a lot because I am very picky with the cleanliness of where I stay on vacation. I loved the fact the rooms are cleaned every day.

This resort also has a great happy hour where you get 2 drinks for the price of 1 at the pool bar, which my family enjoyed. The pool is AMAZING with a concrete slide from one pool to the next. There is a waterfall coming from the pool bar's roof into the upper level pool.

Overall our experience was GREAT! The staff is friendly, the resort is very safe, the rooms are SUPER clean, and the resort is very well kept. We loved Los Cabos Golf Resort so much that I know we will continue to stay there on future vacations.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

after checking in and not finding our room exceptable ,I asked for a different room.The front desk said nothing was available ,so I asked for a up graded room,and was advised that a down grade was not even available .I pulled out Fifty Dollarll bill and a romm was found with in 2 minutes ....HMMM
I wonder how that happened ...It will be our last stay there

Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

Let me start by saying that this hotel is very nice, the staff is very friendly, and it is very peaceful and quiet. The housekeepers, restaurant, and front desk staff were a welcome sight after being haggled at the airport and on our shuttle ride to the resort to buy a timeshare, although our "concierge" did try a little too. The pools and hot tubs are nice, there is a laundry room, and each unit has a small kitchen with a small fridge, microwave, sink, and cooktop. There are about 15 TV channels for you to watch, 2 of which are Mexican. There is free high speed internet if you have your own device capable of using it. There is a computer you can use that you must pay for time on if needed. the only issue with the internet is that you can only use it in the main lobby area or their "business center". There is plenty of room to sit for this though. If you plan on calling anywhere, bring a calling card (they can also be purchased at a vending machine in the lobby). Even calls made from my room to Cabo were $1 each! The lobby also has an ATM that spits out pesos in multiples of 200 (of course, for about a $4 fee).

I do have some complaints too.

The beds are horribly hard, and I did not get a good night's sleep the whole time as a result. I had to try several tricks with pillows and positioning just to try to get to sleep. I have to add that I am spoiled at home with a Sleep Number Bed, so just about anything else to me feels hard, and this is a normal vacation experience for me. This one was exceptionally difficult to deal with however.

There is no shuttle to anything offered unless you agree to attend a timeshare presentation first. They will also offer you a world of other things if you are willing to be hassled to buy a timeshare for 90 minutes. It's worth it if you can stomach it, are interested in buying a timeshare, or have little money for fun. The taxis are extremely expensive. In fact, I read in our guide book that Cabo has some of the most expensive taxis in the world. After this trip, I believe it. If you don't want to take a cab every day, you can walk or take the bus. Downtown Cabo is about 4 or 5 miles from the resort. There is a bus that can take you most of the way for those of you comfortable enough to ride it. It is 8 pesos (currently about 65 cents) per person each way, but you do have to walk about a mile to the bus stop first. If you don't have pesos, they will take dollars, but will not usually give back change. You should know at least a little Spanish if you choose this option, but most people speak at least a little English that I encountered. Cabo is a very "Americanized" Mexican city. Yet another option that I recommend is to rent a car. We got bored with Cabo pretty quickly, and we ended up renting a car. Again, an expensive option because you have to buy Mexican car insurance to go with it since your American insurance is no good there. The front desk staff were helpful in arranging someone to drop off and pick up a car for us.

The shower is also set up a little strange so that there is no way to take one without getting water all over the bathroom floor. This didn't bother me much, but can be a nuisance.

The rooms echo sound badly, and you can hear just about everything going on in the rooms next to you. This didn't end up being a huge problem, but could get quite annoying if placed next to the right person.

All in all, a nice place to stay. A little far from where the action is, but nice and quiet at the same time. Great staff. The one thing that I took away from my stay was that it seemed a little like the management were more interested in selling you the next timeshare than in trying to make this one as good as it could be, but the staff still cares about doing their job.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

Many thanks to the hotel for their generous hospitality and support of the troops. I might be a little biased but I have to say the hotel is amazing. Wonderfully spanish decorated clean rooms, huge soft beds, and a shaded patio with furniture to eat sit and read over coffee in the morning or enjoy a candlelit dinner at night. The rooms are equipped with kitchens, so you can cook in or go out. We especially liked the trailer park restaurant across the highway, which despite the name, had the best food we found in Cabo (try the dinosaur soup). The hotel is a short walk from the beach or a ten minute cab ride downtown. The staff are very friendly, and the reception will help you get a cab, rent a car, and/or plan outings e.g. ziplining, atvs, parasailing. There are ton of fun things to do, just be sure to have a credit card. We rented a car and drove up the beautiful pacific coast to Todos Santos to see the Hotel California, and then up to La Paz for some good shopping. Overall a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

Very clean and well-maintained time share property with spacious and well-equipped villa's. Boring location but very convenient to downtown. Staff was nice, property was immaculate, but it's really made for a simple and cheap base-of-operations. If you want views, fun, nightlife, great dining, etc., then this is not the place for you. We had a big 1 bedroom suite with a great A/C unit and it was great for our needs as we planned on traveling to other golf courses and visiting downtown anyway. The free wi-fi in the lobby was a nice bonus. The benefits of staying at a very small and low-key resort made for a very relaxing time on-property. We stopped to visit the beautiful Hilton and Sheraton properties and they seemed liked packed cities. We probably wouldn't stay here again as we prefer oceanfront properties, but it is very nice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

From other reviews we were kind of hesitant about how the hotel was going to turn out. Upon arrival we were relieved that it was better than expected. We had a time share so we ended up getting a good deal. We stayed in the standard room but were pleased to know it had a balcony area with a table and chairs along with a full kitchen.

The first positive thing we noticed about this hotel was how nice the staff was. They gave us advice about when to use american money and when we should exchange for pesos to get the most out of our money. The exchange rate they abided by at the hotel when we were there was 12 pesos for every 1 dollar, which was about average. Every day our room was cleaned from top to bottom. She even went as far as cleaning our dishes and putting them away while we were out. The bed was wider than a regular king. The t.v. got decent channels; good for watching the news or sports while eating breakfast. The pool area was nice with an upper and lower pool. They also have a great separate kid pool area with seats for parents to sit and watch. Also while exploring, we came across a game room area with flat screen t.v.'s on the wall. We never hung out in there but was good to know it was there if needed. They have rooftop decks on top of two of the buildings where you can hang out, good if you plan on traveling with a larger group.

Of course the hotel also had its downsides. The major one was that it wasn't located right on the beach so anytime we wanted to go to town we took a taxi which costed us $10 each way. Being that there is ample parking available, renting a car probably would have been a better way to go. Walmart is just across the way and is a $5 taxi ride each way. Well worth it to stock up on some food and save a bit of money. We ate at the restaurant a couple times. Food was good but a little bit expensive. However, it was worth not spending the money on a taxi to go into town. Another downside was the smell. However, the sprinklers didn't come on until around midnight and by morning the smell was gone so we only ran into the problem a couple of times when we were sitting on the balcony late at night. Also the noise from the neighbors was a little loud. I still can't figure out why any one would be doing dishes at 1 in the morning and then again at 6 in the morning, still boggles my mind. However, they were the only people staying next to us so we didn't have to worry about any one else.

Overall it's a good hotel for the price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Los Cabos Golf Resort? Share your experiences!