“Best resort in Cabo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cabo Villas Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Cabo Villas Beach Resort to your Saves list
Cabo Villas Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Callejon del Pescador s/n | Col. El Medano, Cabo San Lucas 23450, Mexico   |
Ranked #36 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
La Verne, California
“Best resort in Cabo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I frequent this resort and really it every time I stay there. The staff is super friendly .
Alberto the Waiter/Bartender is always right on his customers to make sure they have everything they want for an enjoyable meal or drink. The Sushi bar is the best in Cabo. Tania, and her associates make the most amazing Sushi. My favorite is "Palmitas" Tuna wrapped around crab and avocado. Lastly, the loacation and amenities are second to none. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: The higher the better. a little noisey on the lower floors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

622 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Fort saint John BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

So it's been just over a year since we've been at the Villas and well.....yet another fantastic holiday. This time we were able to convince another couple to join us because of the boasting we've done about the villas from previous trips. We've got an executive two bedroom suite at Cabo Villas and because I only was able to find time within the last couple weeks to see if we could possibly stay on the waterfront, I just so happened that they were able to put us on the 6th floor overlooking the harbour. Now, because it was our friends first time there, they were blown away!!!!
The staff in the office and around the resort are incredible, and make you feel like you just belong there. In the years we've been at the resort we've gained some friends ( Vinnie "The Shoe" , Adam....who'll talk yer ear off, and Debbie.....who we had the joy of meeting this trip) to name a few.
I can honestly say that if you give this place a try and just communicate with them what your looking for, they will do there absolute best to accommodate you and your guests!
The location of the Villas is bar none the best you can get, 2.5 minute walk from the marina, and the scariest thing you may find along the way is a gecko trying to cross the road. Absolutely safe!!!!!
If this helps you out even a bit then I know your gonna love it at Cabo Villas.
Till next time

• Stayed April 2013
St. Albert, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was a little skeptical at first because of the "time share" aspect & some people complaining of the pushy overkill. I was pleasantly surprised. Arriving from another resort for a week's stay in Cabo Villas, my sister & I were greeted, kindly. We were seated comfortably & started chatting with One of the sales people. We explained we were not interested in the free "perks" to watch the timeshare presentation & she did not push or badger us at all. She welcomed us to the resort, explained she would be available to answer any questions during out stay and we were treated extremely well during our stay. Gabriel at the Pool Grill, Marcel, Edward at the activities desk, Jorge up in the rooftop Baja Brewing company, Luz (our room attendant) and EVERYONE we encountered, made our trip one to remember. We would ABSOLUTELY reccomend this family run resort to anyone coming to Cabo San Lucas. You can't beat the location for amenities & walking distance to everything.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We've been members of and coming to Cabo Villas since 2005.

I'll start off by saying that you have to understand this resort as most others are in Los Cabos and other areas of the world are based on the "time share" model. For those that have not been exposed to this, this is about the slimiest business out there. Nearly every aspect of this part of Mexico is aimed at extracting as much of your time and money from you during your stay. Learn how to say no and be persistent to keep both during your stay. Go in with this expectation and you won't be disappointed.

Here's a summary of our latest trip in April of 2013. I'll start off with all the good and substantive things about this place and getting there as compared to other resorts in the area and elsewhere we have stayed. Then I'll throw out the less desirable parts.

-Arrival. The international terminal at the airport at San Jose Del Cabo has recently (and finally) had a major overhaul. The new terminal is setup much better and handles the landing flights passengers immigration/customs services quickly and efficiently. It's clean, has the usual duty free stuff and you can navigate it easily UNTIL you get to the timeshare people. There is a new timeshare area just after customs (you press the button for a red or green light). These guys are no different than in the past, they will lie about representation of your transportation. Do not stop or be pulled in here, find the exits and head outside to find your ride. Rides should be about $17 US per person, or about $90 for a private vehicle. ALWAYS require that the driver take the toll road when heading to Cabo. Do not be talked into anything else even if you have to shell out the $2.50 for the toll. The ride is about 30 minutes on the toll road. Add 30-45 minutes if you don't take this road.

-The Location - Cabo Villas location is about as good as you can get. It is located right on the swimmable area of Medano Beach. This is key as no other beaches are swimmable, some can be quite dangerous down there. You are also within walking distance to the downtown area as well as many of the other resorts and their restaurants. Overall, unless you cannot walk any distance you don't need a car and have access to just about everything that Cabo has to offer by foot.

-The resort - There are several stages of construction at the resort. There is the original building, the beach front construction built in 2004, and the newest addition a high rise at the rear of the property built in 2008 or so. We stay in the middle construction buildings, so this is only relevant to these residences. The rooms are clean and well constructed, travertine, marble, dark hardwood throughout, big sliding glass doors open to pool or ocean views depending on the room. Furnishings are decent quality, and they seem to replace items at least somewhat regularly (a pullout couch was being replaced when we stayed there). The rooms are also cleaned daily at a time you prefer.

-The staff - Overall friendly and attentive, most speak good english or will ensure to get you to someone that does if they don't.

-Kids - The resort is kid and adult friendly. The lower pool and original pool usually have kids in them. There is also a rear pool that is only for adults 21 and older. We brought our 3 and 5 year olds this trip and had no issues.

-Parking - If you do need a car, there is a lot in the rear of the property that will accept your vehicle. You'll need to hand over your keys, be sure to note any scratches before doing this!

-Security - Very good, verging on military.. They put a big spotlight on safety and do watch out for anything that could be putting you in danger wether it be something from outside the resort or yourself. I personally prefer a bit more laid back approach in Mexico, but it's fine for what it is..

-Amenities - There are 4 restaurants and a pool bar on the resort, there is also a spa down near the beach front under the pool area, exercise room towards the front, small shop for odds and ends, computers, etc... The newest restaurant is the Baja Brewing company, up on the roof of the original building. This was very refreshing being from northern CA, I get pretty tired of the modelo, tecate, and coronas.. They actually have a decent pale ale, red, hefe, stout, and some others! Very cool and an awesome view to boot.. The Baja Cantina is down on the beach, we didn't eat here this round, but looks to be decent food and nice views location, the beach bar has swings and great smoothies, kids loved it. The Attitude Bar at the lower pool has some above average food primarily for the pool area, nachos, wraps, etc.. Then there's the bar above the original pool. I forgot what this is called, but again, decent food. Overall you could probably not leave the resort

-Internet access - The resort offers high speed wireless internet for as many devices as you have for $5 for the week. You setup an account once then login as needed thru your device. The coverage was good throughout the resort and all the way down to the water front.

-Prices - You won't find any deals here outside of the normal 2 for 1 cocktails. These are big city prices, as is throughout Cabo.

Now for the bad parts. Please understand that I did buy a timeshare, and our family does overall love this resort.

-Visitors - Back to the security. So if you have visitors make sure they know your room number and last name or else they aren't getting in.. Well kind of. We had guest come in about 8pm one evening that did not have the room number. The lobby would not give them any info, but oddly asked to charge them $30 to bring them to the room? Not cool..

-Towels - I guess there must be some problems with lost towels as they treat them like gold if they are lost. This is one of those things that just comes across as slimy as you are constantly told you'll be charged if they are lost.. Fail on the resorts part for implementing this policy.

-Internet Access - Although the coverage is good, the login system is clumsy, does not work consistently on all devices and requires re-authentication each time you want to use it. Further, it's not secure. If you are sharing any thing on your computer any one else in the resort that's using the network can access it if you have not secured it properly. This could be easily fixed by just requiring secure authentication and providing guests with a key, change it every few weeks. Would save a lot of hassle for both the staff and visitors.

-Finally: Member updates - Having been a member of the resort for 8 years, being hit up every time I go down for 90 minutes of my time for an aggressive up-sell pitch that's sold as a "member update" is just about as low as you can get. I understand you guys get a commission from this, but this is really really not doing any favors for the resorts image. If it's truly a member update, just outline the updates in an email or take the 5 minutes when we arrive while getting keys and cards together to provide a brief overview. If I have questions, I'll ask. If I want to change my relationship with the resort thru an upgrade etc.. I will let you know when I'm ready to do so, otherwise I'd rather not be bothered with wasting 90 minutes of my valuable time with a used car salesman during my vacation.

-Get everything in writing that is agreed upon, they will outright lie to you and will not honor anything that was merely spoken about. Again, insist on getting everything in writing.

Cranbrook, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I just returned from another perfect vacation at cabo villas, the staff is excellent unbelivable actually while at the pool one day I dropped my wallet a staff member returned it to me in my room serveral hours later, there location is unbeatable and the food and drinks are great. I am an owner at cabo villas and Im very happy about it.

Room Tip: give the staff enough notice at they will do there best to get you the suite you want
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We love Cabo Villas! We just stayed there April 6-13 and it was by far the best stay yet! The food was absolutely amazing and the service was excellent! We stayed in a one bedroom executive suite with our balcony on the ocean side. It was wonderful! The rooms have always been beautiful! I would recommend Cabo Villas to anyone! The location can't be beat~ Our favorite was the service on the beach! Alberto, Adrian D. and Victor were wonderful to us our entire trip! The first time I stayed at Cabo Villas was in February of 2005 and we have never and will never stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room here. There is a view from every angle! We have not stayed in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed at the Bayview Suites section in Cabo Villas Spa & Beach Resort for one week March 30-April 06th. It was a time share (a member gave us a week), executive suite on the 6th floor room 7120. It was the most amazing suite I have ever stayed in - ever. It set the bar extremely high for any other trip I take.

The suite was spacious, there was more storage in the suite than I have in my whole house. There was a HUGE master bedroom with a shower as big as a small bedroom. Patio doors off the bedroom went out to the enormous hot tub on the balcony. Also had pocket doors/wall really so that you could partion off the living room. There was a 2nd bedroom with its own full bathroom and big closet. Full kitchen (big fridge with ice maker & full stove/oven) with all the amenities and high quality applicances and pots and pans, etc. A eat in dining area off kitchen and a living room. The balcony had the most incredible view of Medano Beach and the Bay and we could see EVERYTHING.

The hot tub was clean and very hot and the balcony had a full wet bar area and a 4 chair bar set + a lounge area with 2 arm chairs and a coffee table. Spent a lot of time on the balcony watching the sun rise, sunset, beach, pools, bay, baja brewing company band, and the baja cantina Wednesday night show & fireworks.

The place was immaculately kept by the maid (who made in quite clear she wanted her tips daily, not at the end of the week). It also had a full size washer and dryer that was very convenient.

The reception staff were helpful and polite and professional and the security top notch. The spa was amazing (did a separate review) and the restaurant in and around the resort really, really good.

The location was incredible. Besides being on Medano beach and righ in the middle of everything, we were a minutes walk from downtown and close to the marina and the dolphin centre and walmart/liquor store (cheap cab rides).

The only negative experience was with the time share people. We knew we would have to do the speil and booked it for the afternoon as they said we would get a great lunch while we filled out our paperwork and talked - they even told us to come hungry. Well, we filled out the paperwork and took the tour and they gave us a little speil and then when they confirmed we were all married they kicked us to the curb! Literally. The guy who was giving us the tour/speech got up without saying a word and just left us there. Another woman told us to go around the curb to get our discounted tickets they offered and said we could leave . . . we never so much as got a cracker to eat - so much for coming hungry and giving us lunch. The complete irony of it all is that the "offer" they were making completely intrigued me and it was somethign I was interested in as our next 2-3 trips we are planning were listed in the "offer" as availble - but they just ditched us cause we were married. Huh.. Their loss. Literally.

So - time share staff asisde - the hotel staff were amazing. Zero language barrier (for us English speakers, anyway) and very service oriented. The hotel - from the elevators, to the beach to the spa to the restaurants to the towel kiosk was clean and efficient.

The hotel property itself is narrow and high so there are LOTS of stairs and levels; however, there were ramps and elevators. Would recommend using the spa and eating at the Attitude restaurant by the infinity pool. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone & we are already planning on going back, hopefully next year.

Room Tip: bayside, high up
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Cabo Villas Beach Resort? Share your experiences!