“From bad to worse!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cabo Villas Beach Resort

You added Cabo Villas Beach Resort to your Saves list
Cabo Villas Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Callejon del Pescador s/n | Col. El Medano, Cabo San Lucas 23450, Mexico   |
Ranked #36 of 65 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Phoenix, Arizona
“From bad to worse!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

A friend of mine has a time share here and we all headed to Cabo for spring break. From the time she made reservations for 10 in December, up until right before the trip, they constantly messed up the reservation. One thing that I did not like was how rude they are to guests....they have no idea what customer service is. When we arrived, we were told that we would need our room key, an ID (which they took a copy of), and a signed card in order to get in at night. After countless nights of being told that we were not staying in the room that we were indeed staying in, and being sent to the office, where they would once again proceed to tell us that we were not on the list to get in, I was fed up to say the least. After them telling me I was wrong countless times, I would finally explain to them that not only did we have all of the required materials to be granted entry, but that they also had a copy of our ID's. Instead of apologizing for the rude service, instead each night they would just brush it off as nothing happened. Additionally, since they messed up on our reservation, the last few nights we had to switch out of a conjoined room. After my friend went to the front desk to check out of the room that they told us to, and we began to move people from the one bedroom room to another one bedroom room, as we were told, upon going back to the room, after what was a relaxing day, we could not get into our room. When we went to the front, they were once again very rude to us and told us that there was no way we were still in the two bedroom suite, and that we were not allowed to get our possessions. After my friend went back to the office, highly displeased (to put it nicely), they told her that she was wrong as well, even though they had told us otherwise previously that morning. We then had to force 10 people to stay in two one bedroom rooms. In addition, the new room that we got moved to smelled so badly of cigarette smoke.

Initially, upon arriving, I was highly impressed with the staff. However, I quickly became aware of how rude the management, front desk people, and the night security workers were. I have never once felt such a lack of customer service and have never felt to talked down to in my life, especially at a hotel, where customer service should be number one.

To say the least, I will no longer be recommending this place to anyone. At first, I had called my parents to suggest that they purchase a time share because I was so impressed; however, after the week spent there, I told them much differently, and they could not believe how badly we were mistreated.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just returned from a fabulous vacation in Cabo. Stayed at the Cabo Villas. Hotel was above my expectations...very clean, room was nice (we upgraded to the Deluxe one-bedroom suite), staff was amazing, food/drinks were great & reasonably priced, & the location was absolutely perfect (about 10 min walk to the marina). Highly recommend Romeo & Julieta as a great authentic Italian restaurant. Also recommend Alexanders in the Marina for good seafood and/or steaks. The menu is deceiving...we were underwhelmed by the choices but the food was absolutely wonderful! Also recommend Wicked Pizza for a casual dinner and/or people watching spot.

Room Tip: Had read reviews saying the rooms were loud, but we didn't experience that. We were on the grou...
Castlegar, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just arrived home from our third annual trip to Cabo San Lucas. Each time we've stayed at the Cabo Villas and each time we've been very satisfied. The room quality is good and the staff is excellent in terms of service and overall friendliness. Each year we look forward to friendly smiles and excellent services from Francisco and Victor at the Baha Cantina on the beach. The property's loction is what we apprciate most. Its located only steps from the dinning and shopping options of the marina and a short walk to the downtown Cabo services. The beach is excellent with clean sand and a swimmable access to the Sea of Cortez. Each time we stay at the Cabo Villas we enjoy it more than the last.

Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I planned our honeymoon at Cabo Villas. We read several reviews online that the resort was loud, staff were rude and that you could likely get a room with a view of a wall. We were determined to make the best of everything despite the reviews we had read. When the staff checked in with me about a week before our trip, I expressed my concerns about the bad room and they said we were guaranteed a room on the 3rd or 4th floor, but could do the timeshare presentation to get an upgrade. Sure, why not! We are always in for free breakfast and a view of other rooms. We didn't mind spending 2 or so hours of our morning doing it to get a great honeymoon room.

With our earplugs packed, we headed out to Cabo March 16-23 (yep, smack dab during spring break...whoops!). We arrived and everyone was very nice. They gave us a bunch of info on the resort, services offered, etc, but it was when they took us to our villa that we were completely amazed. We had a 2 story villa with a private balcony, hot tub, complete view of the ocean (from the balcony and our bed), and a full kitchen. Wow, now this is a honeymoon suite! Unfortunately we learned later that they're going to tear down that tower of older villas and build a new one. So sad because these are very cool, authentic-y rooms.

Our entire week was filled with helpful staff, friendly guests, and a beach that is beautiful and bustling with activity. There were crowded spots, but I didn't feel imposed on. Spring break was a few bars away, and they didn't really bother us. For the people who complained about vendors on the beach: it's Mexico. That's what happens. Just ignore them and say no thank you and it's over.

We weren't bothered by the music at the hotel and the only night that we could really hear it in our room was on Friday night when the band was playing at Baja AND there was karaoke at the bar below our room. But it only goes until 10-11. That's really not that late, especially when you're on vacation. Instead of complainig about it, maybe get out and enjoy it.

I want to thank Cabo Villas, especially Francisco, Wendy, the sweet boy who works near the spa, Jeff, Keith, Norma and so many others who made our stay very special and memorable. We will definitely be staying here again and recommending it to friends and family.

Room Tip: Almost every room has some sort of an ocean view. Ask for a room above the 2nd floor. And take the t...
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I visited here last year and liked it so much I bought a timeshare on the resale market for a few hundred dollars. I used it this yr and got a 5th floor unit with a view from the balcony of the ocean. Great location and I think its hard to beat. Went to to an 'owners update' and the plans to expand the hotel with a new tower should help some comments regarding units with ltd views. The plans are pretty grandiose. If your a current owner plan on getting a bit of a hard sell to 'upgrade' your membership. I have never liked timeshare presentations and the 90 minutes led to 3 hrs but since it was my 'first' as an owner I thought the info was valuable. I was given a good unit and same with my friends who also are 'owners'. I understand that some of the ground floor or units with poor or no views are used for some exchange units. While the construction tends to create a large echo chamber when there is live music it always ends by 10 or 11 so I don't see the problem. Its like complaining that there is too much traffic on Las Vegas Blvd. Part of the fun of staying at Medano Beach is the nightlife. There are plenty of isolated resorts around Cabo but for those who want the night life, the ability to walk everywhere, and the only swimmable beach in Cabo its really hard to beat the Cabo Villa location, facilities and amenities. Down the road they say the plans to improve the pool and provide more units should help allevieate those issues. I'd worry if booking in the next yr to see if construction is under way as for the yr or so it takes to construct I would anticipate some noise. I'll be back next year as I find its a great vacation.

Room Tip: avoid most 1st and 2nd floor rooms.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I started the process in August to book a room end of Feb and stay for 10 days (14people coming). Well I should have just said forget this place the first sign of horrible service I received. They give me a price one day and say everything is booked and the next day totally different and charge my credit card more than once for the same amount and tried blaming it on me first then after i gave them an ear full on the website. (long story short). We come to Cabo every year and knew this place was new and gave it a couple years before staying and the year before we booked we took a tour to see how the place was. When we took the tour we thought wow this is a great place and awesome location. Well I guess you cant have everything perfect on vacation. After dealing with getting everything booked for the rooms we arrive to the hotel (keep in mind reservations still werent correct) We wanted to have a relaxing vacation so we just let it go got into our rooms. That is one thing they have going for them the room are very nice. One couple was upgraded to a very nice one bedroom. We thought everything was going to be great. Well the room was on the first floor with the back door opening to one of the pools that are more private and Adults only. Yes that was nice but dont forget about all the bugs we had in the room and outside by the hot tub. They then gave us a bottle of bug spray and have "US" spray the room. The women staying in the had over 20 bites all over her body from one night staying in that room. We thought the service at the restaurant and bars were great in the beginning well that ended when the waiter and waitress we had at the bar/restaurant decided to call us stupid Americans in Spanish thinking we didnt understand what they were saying. Oh and don't forget the best part everyone in our group got sick off the food and three of the people got very sick and when came home the pregnant women that was sick had to hospitalized because of how dirty the kitchen was. When I tried to call and/or email the Head Manager & person I dealt with for booking will not answer my messages. Horrible Customer Service. I would not recommend this to anyone unless you really hate them!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the Ocean Front if you want to see the ocean when you wake up they will tell y...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Studio City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Forget about getting a hot shower or any rest and relaxation here. The extremely loud music starts pretty early out at the pool, and goes until late at the Brewery on the roof, and also with the clubs on the beach. You hear the noise in your room, even with the doors closed. The internet did not work either, the pool was closed one of the days. Half of the staff are wonderful and want to help, the other half know there is nothing they can do about almost any problem you have and seem annoyed with your valid complaints. The view was not great either, and not an ocean view unless you are on 15% of the balcony. The pressure to purchase is obnoxious and the onsite food left quite a bit to be desired. The beach was very noisy as well and the vendors are just outside the area that is roped off for Cabo Villas' guests. The vendors will try to sell you stuff from the other side of the ropes. Booking an activity is an activity all in itself. It took over an hour almost every time we tried to book an excursion. No rest and relaxation here, and no ocean front view.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Cabo Villas Beach Resort? Share your experiences!