This is the first review I have EVER written, mainly because I have never been quite so inspired to educate the general public, than I am now. My husband and I actually went to Cabo for our honeymoon in January 2012, and I'm just now getting around to writing a review.
I'm not sure where to start. My husband's father actually purchased a TimeShare at CaboVillas, so naturally we thought "well it can't be THAT bad, right?!" This was my first trip to Mexico and really didn't know what to expect...
The first room that they put us in was on the 2nd floor of the building overlooking the ocean and right above the Cantina and beach. When we got to our room around 3pm, we were totally exhausted and I just wanted to take a nap. After putting our stuff down, I went to go lie down on the bed. My first thought when feeling the bed was "Oh my gosh...I think they forgot to put a real bed in this room. This must be some sort of "show" bed for display-only rooms or something." The sheets felt like thin sandpaper. The mattress itself was hard as a rock. And covering the mattress itself was a plastic covering so made a squeaking noise every time you moved. I made my husband come check it out and told him "Sorry, honey....there's no way ANYTHING is happening on this bed."
Around this same time, that's when the music started blaring. All I could hear over and over was a man through a megaphone saying "Uno......DOS....TRES......TAQUILA!!!!!" The base noise was so loud, you could literally feel the vibrations in your chest. As I soon figured out, what I thought was hopefully a Happy HOUR type of thing turned into an all night long dance party. We left for dinner and got back to the hotel around 10pm. The music was still blaring and had no chance of being shut out even with all the windows and doors shut tight. I crawled into Bed From H*@# and figured I would read for a while. As soon as I got in bed, I started smelling an extremely strong odor of cigarette smoke coming through the vent. I waited 15 minutes or so and then my Husband mentioned it also. It was so bad, we both got out of bed and decided to sleep the rest of the night on the sofa.
So, that's how I spent the first night on my Honeymoon: no blankets, 2 people squished on a couch, listening to some dance remix version of Celine Dion right outside my room. I tried to get online to start looking for other hotels, only to find that the WiFi that we were promised for free because we agreed to sign up for the Time Share tour was, of course, not working. I honestly did not know whether to laugh or cry.
For the sake of time, I'll try to just list out the events that ensued:
-complained about the room, was told "all booked" and could not move us
-"found" a room available in the brand new tower that we "probably wouldn't like because there's a telephone pole obstructing the view"
-moved to new tower room, which was WAY better *siiiigh*
-we were stopped by a CaboVillas "activities" guy who told us free Sunset Cruise with lobster dinner if we take the TimeShare tour (we had cancelled previous one)
-shady guy with the code name "Lion King" came by to pick us up in van to take us to timeshare tour (which is normally held AT the hotel....so I have no idea where we were going)
-we were told to get out of shady Lion King's van because "somebody saw them"
-set up new time-share tour next day at the hotel
-wasted 5 hrs of my honeymoon with slimy, used car salesman type guy
- went on Sunset cruise who informed us that it was NOT paid for and we do NOT get lobster dinner and all we get is crackers for dinner
-attempted to complain to hotel and was told twice that the hotel manager was "gone at lunch"
-finally was given a sheet of scratch paper to write down my complaints
-gave up and vowed to write a long TripAdvisor review and never stay there, ever again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa is a luxury hotel situated on Medano Beach, the most popular stretch of sand in Cabo San Lucas. Cabo Villas is a family owned resort with 142 custom built suites and spectacular views of the Sea of Cortez and Land's End. Amenities include fully equipped kitchens, wireless Internet in all areas, satellite TV, three pools, 10-person ocean view Jacuzzi, oceanfront beach club, four on-site restaurants and bars, a world-class spa and personalized service in a relaxed atmosphere. Located in the "Heart of Cabo", the resort is within easy walking distance to all major attractions including Medano Beach, the marina, Puerto Paraiso Mall, downtown and numerous restaurants and night clubs. With stunning views of the Sea of Cortez, Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa is the perfect place for travelers who seek quality service while enjoying the best of the Cabo San Lucas lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Cabo Villas Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Villas Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo Hotel Beach
- Cabo Villas Beach Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos