“Not-so-perfect Honeymoon” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cabo Villas Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Cabo Villas Beach Resort to your Saves list
Cabo Villas Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Callejon del Pescador s/n | Col. El Medano, Cabo San Lucas 23450, Mexico   |
Ranked #35 of 65 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Portland, Oregon
“Not-so-perfect Honeymoon”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is the first review I have EVER written, mainly because I have never been quite so inspired to educate the general public, than I am now. My husband and I actually went to Cabo for our honeymoon in January 2012, and I'm just now getting around to writing a review.

I'm not sure where to start. My husband's father actually purchased a TimeShare at CaboVillas, so naturally we thought "well it can't be THAT bad, right?!" This was my first trip to Mexico and really didn't know what to expect...

The first room that they put us in was on the 2nd floor of the building overlooking the ocean and right above the Cantina and beach. When we got to our room around 3pm, we were totally exhausted and I just wanted to take a nap. After putting our stuff down, I went to go lie down on the bed. My first thought when feeling the bed was "Oh my gosh...I think they forgot to put a real bed in this room. This must be some sort of "show" bed for display-only rooms or something." The sheets felt like thin sandpaper. The mattress itself was hard as a rock. And covering the mattress itself was a plastic covering so made a squeaking noise every time you moved. I made my husband come check it out and told him "Sorry, honey....there's no way ANYTHING is happening on this bed."

Around this same time, that's when the music started blaring. All I could hear over and over was a man through a megaphone saying "Uno......DOS....TRES......TAQUILA!!!!!" The base noise was so loud, you could literally feel the vibrations in your chest. As I soon figured out, what I thought was hopefully a Happy HOUR type of thing turned into an all night long dance party. We left for dinner and got back to the hotel around 10pm. The music was still blaring and had no chance of being shut out even with all the windows and doors shut tight. I crawled into Bed From H*@# and figured I would read for a while. As soon as I got in bed, I started smelling an extremely strong odor of cigarette smoke coming through the vent. I waited 15 minutes or so and then my Husband mentioned it also. It was so bad, we both got out of bed and decided to sleep the rest of the night on the sofa.

So, that's how I spent the first night on my Honeymoon: no blankets, 2 people squished on a couch, listening to some dance remix version of Celine Dion right outside my room. I tried to get online to start looking for other hotels, only to find that the WiFi that we were promised for free because we agreed to sign up for the Time Share tour was, of course, not working. I honestly did not know whether to laugh or cry.

For the sake of time, I'll try to just list out the events that ensued:
-complained about the room, was told "all booked" and could not move us
-"found" a room available in the brand new tower that we "probably wouldn't like because there's a telephone pole obstructing the view"
-moved to new tower room, which was WAY better *siiiigh*
-we were stopped by a CaboVillas "activities" guy who told us free Sunset Cruise with lobster dinner if we take the TimeShare tour (we had cancelled previous one)
-shady guy with the code name "Lion King" came by to pick us up in van to take us to timeshare tour (which is normally held AT the hotel....so I have no idea where we were going)
-we were told to get out of shady Lion King's van because "somebody saw them"
-set up new time-share tour next day at the hotel
-wasted 5 hrs of my honeymoon with slimy, used car salesman type guy
- went on Sunset cruise who informed us that it was NOT paid for and we do NOT get lobster dinner and all we get is crackers for dinner
-attempted to complain to hotel and was told twice that the hotel manager was "gone at lunch"
-finally was given a sheet of scratch paper to write down my complaints
-gave up and vowed to write a long TripAdvisor review and never stay there, ever again.

Room Tip: The NEW hotel tower is the only one worth staying in. Even with the nicer room in the new tower, the...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Lac La Biche
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Cabo Villas is truly a home away from home. The staff is excellent, the food is delicious and it is one of the cleanest places we have been. Being so close to the beach, Marina and down town Cabo is a huge bonus. The pools are clean. Everything was absolutely perfect. The live music in the Baja Cantina is awesome. I just can't say how pleased we are with the purchase of our time share here!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

We have been coming for 8 yrs and once again Cabo Villas has met our expectations very very nice,we were upgraded to the Two bedroom next yr we will be back for two weeks. We love the fully furnished kitchens we shop at the local market and cook most breakfasts then relax until we hit the town for dinner

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bountiful, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have been going here for 5 years at the begining it was beautiful and clean, people were nice and now the service has gone down I noticed it wasn't as clean people aren't as friendly my sheets were dirty. It's just not as good. Not sure why. We have been trying for 2 years to get our second week there and they always say no they don't have anything available and during our second week they had no one in there. Just don't understand. So we bought another place. Guess we will see what happens next visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

As short walk down the beach or a 5 minute walk through the mall and you are in the thick of the activity at the marina. Nice hotel. Limited kitchen but great views and very comfortable. Good food on site as well...They did indicate they were adding another building and more ammenities in the next year...

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed at Cabo Villas from Sept 15-20,2012 with a friend who has a timeshare. It is an awesome location because you can walk everywhere. You can walk to shopping, night life, restaurants and the marina. We never got in a car except to and from the airport. The complex is very nice and has great service and wonderful staff who are extremely friendly. Our condo overlooked the pool and was a one bedroom with a pull out sofa. The bedroom only closes by two pocket doors and a window doors. It was very clean and had some kitchen amenities. The bathroom had a walk-in shower and a closet and a safe with an entrance from the hall and bedroom. I highly recommend taking the 90 minute timeshare tour because they are not pushy and you get to see the nicest condo's in the complex and get a free buffet lunch or breakfast. You also get $100 voucher which we used for a 4 hour double kayaking tour and a 60 minute jet-sking but you could also use it in the restaurants. There is also a Mexican Fiesta every Wednesday that was wonderful!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a very safe location to bring your family. Security is excellent and once here you can walk everywhere you want to go. Great food and service at the Baja Cantina Resturant and Bar which is associated with Cabo Villas. I have to give recognition to my waiter at the Baja Cantina Beach bar, LUIS VINALAY. This guy is the best waiter in Cabo and goes the extra mile to make sure you are taken care of. The good is great, prices are right and you can't beat this location for a great time. Adrian Dorontes is one of the great managers at the Beach club and I wanted to give him a should out also.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 4103 just above the big pool. Perfect one bedroom with a pull out couch. My wife an...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cabo Villas Beach Resort? Share your experiences!