“We visit Koi Sushi every week religiously!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Los Cabos
“We visit Koi Sushi every week religiously!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

When this Sushi place opened up in San Jose (by the Burger King and across from Superley grocery) I popped in just to see what their hours were. The lady asked me to sit down for a moment to try a sample of Wahoo sashimi. From that moment on I was hooked! The fish was so fresh and melt in your mouth, the sauce was a sesame/srihacha/ponzu sauce. I went there for lunch the next day and it has become a weekly lunch or dinner spot. We always order a couple of plates of the tuna sashimi special which is served with the sauce mentioned above. They regularly have yellowtail which is equally delishious. Koi sushi in Cabo (near Walmart) in the food court also does the Chef's special if you are adventurous. Both locations will make you custom rolls as well. Just ask them and they'll make it for you. My friend introduced me to the salmon skin cone (on their menu) at first I resisted. But he begged me to take a bite so I did and I loved it. It's fried salmon skin with a little salmon then it is assembled with rice, fresh sliced avocado and drizzled with a sweet teriyaki glaze rolled into a cone. Don't know why but the salmon skin tastes like bacon - seriously. The sashimi special is a must try, it is the most savory sauce - I'm salivating just writing about it... Guess where I'm going for dinner?

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Rafael, California
“Arrogato”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great sashimi, nigiri, and rolls
Pretty decent cold sake list as well
Not for children, but well travelled adults
A gem of a find to appease my break from Mexican and infuse it with some Japanese sensiblity

Visited November 2012
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Best Sushi IN THE WORLD!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

In Los Cabos where Nick San reigns supreme as the best, most original, sushi in North America dare I say I prefer Koi Sushi? YES, I BELIEVE I DO!!! If you love, or even just like, sushi and are in the CSL - GO GO GO!!! Before I had Koi sushi I just liked sushi, now I LOVE sushi. The sauces and presentation are spectacular. I was in Cabo last week and ate there 3 times and am disappointed that I didn't have the time to go every day. I can't stop thinking about it! I need to move there!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bedford, New Hampshire
“great place, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We tried this little shop again this year after discovering it on our last trip. Again the food was great. They only take cash, so keep that in mind. If you like sushi rolls with nice combinations and fresh ingredients, this is a very well priced shop. Their tempura is also excellent – and it stands up well to take out. Although the chef hails from Nik San, the food is not as innovative as it is there. However, for delicious rolls or (or tempura) at very reasonable prices, you can’t beat Koi Sushi.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Best sushi in Los Cabos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

As a resident of Cabo this is still rated the best sushi in town.
As previously stated, don't let the location fool you if you want great sushi, this is the place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere