“Beautiful Escape” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Esperanza - An Auberge Resort

Save Saved
You added Esperanza - An Auberge Resort to your Saves list
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carr. Transpeninsular Km 7 | Punta Ballena, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Ultimate Escape Save 35%
Ranked #1 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Austin, Texas
“Beautiful Escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was our second trip to Cabo and our second stay on this property. Last time we enjoyed a residence so didn't get a true feel for the resort, but this time we were in a villa in the heart of the resort. The resort itself is enormous without feeling overwhelming and impersonal. There are many pools to wander, including an adult pool. Bars and sitting areas to enjoy the ocean view. The restaurants are all delicious and the wait staff is super accommodating to ANY request. The spa layout is phenomenal. It is so tranquil and peaceful. I could've just checked in there and not gotten a single treatment-although that is not what happened. We enjoyed a beachside dinner with bonfire that will be in our memories forever. I can't imagine going back to Cabo and not staying here again.

Room Tip: I can't speak on the individual rooms, but can't imagine any being less than exceptional.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Cristip_2010,

We’re so pleased that you enjoyed your recent summer visit to Esperanza. June is a lovely time of year in Cabo and it sounds like you enjoyed our ocean views and beach to the fullest!

I agree our romantic dinners with the waves crashing in the background are top notch as well as the tranquility of our Spa.

Please stop by again soon on your next visit to Cabo!

Marc Rodriguez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at Esperanza Villas with three other couples.
If you are planning a trip to Cabo, try Esperanza.

We were not in the hotel but the Villas next door. The villas are impeccably outfitted with every thing you need and beautiful furnishings . The pools are wonderful, the views of the sea of Cortez are breath taking.

Try the Palapa bar-restaurant, best margaritas and guacamole.

The hotel spa is phenomenal. You are treated so well and the services are some of the best I have had.

When staying here you don't need to leave the premises.

The best part of The Esperanza resort is the service. First class, friendly, and so accommodating.

All the restaurants are wonderful too.

The one and only draw back is the price. The villas can be as much as $3500 per night (4 bedroom home).
Try the hotel the rooms are just as wonderful. Go on the off season and they usually upgrade you.

• Stayed September 2012
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Calgirlsanjose,

Thanks for sharing your great review on Trip Advisor!

I’m delighted that you and your group of friends had a wonderful visit and thoroughly enjoyed Esperanza’s service and amenities at our Residence Club.

We trust you’ll return again soon in the not too distant future.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Expectations are always high when staying at an Auberge Resort. This was our first visit to Esperanza, but not our first stay at an Auberge resort. We had arranged airport with the hotel. The driver was there waiting for us in a beautiful air conditioned car. Our concierge Gabriela met us and immediately whisked us to our room along with our luggage. We were lucky enough to get upgraded to a beautiful suite. The room was well equipped with everything we could possibly want. The grounds are beautiful. The restaurants all have "perfect" views. Menu's offer something for everyone and true to Auberge resorts, you can always ask if you don't see it and most likely they will find a way. We also visited the spa. It is peaceful and the services we received were excellent in quality. Next visit I will do more at the spa. We enjoyed a salsa lesson and a yoga lesson on the beach as well. The teachers were all professional and patient as we are novices at both. We did experience one hiccup which is the true test of a resort. We had a room issue late at night. One phone call to housekeeping produced someone who immediately took care of the problem. Yes, you will pay top dollar for your stay at Esperanza. In my opinion it is worth it. Just go into the town of Cabo one day and see all the people, and hear all the noise and you will look forward to coming back to your oasis.

Dear Linda R,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughtful comments from your recent visit to Esperanza, an Auberge Resort! I’m glad that Gabriela and our team were able to exceed your expectations and that a true Auberge stay was provided on all ends.

We look forward to seeing you both again at your “oasis” in Los Cabos.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I spent 3 days with a friend in a 2 bedroom villa. We were on the top floor, close to the ocean. Everything was perfect. The staff could not have been more gracious and accommodating. The weather was perfection as well, which always helps make a vacation memorable. We just relaxed at the various pools all day, where they would bring around free smoothies for you to try. The adult only infinity pool is to die for and one of the most beautiful settings, as the waves were quite large and crashing onto the rocks below. We slept like logs with our windows opened. We also treated ourselves to spa treatments and I can honestly say they were some of the best I have ever had and I've been to many of the top spas in the world. It's very quiet, not much to do unless you are big into golf, except relax in a very low key environment, but that is what we were looking for. We didn't even go into the town of Cabo, just stayed on the property except one night we went to dinner at One and Only resort, which was also lovely, but more buzzing and glitzy. We were happy to return to the relaxed vibe at Esperanza. We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in 2 bedroom villa in the private residence side of the resort and not in a hotel room. w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Wilsonsumner,

Thank you for sharing your great comments from your visit to Esperanza’s Residence Club!

I’m glad that we provided a perfect stay and that our entire team was gracious and accommodating throughout your visit.

We trust you will return for a relaxing visit very soon!

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

GO! It's 5 star all the way and that's coming from a discerning traveler! We're stayed at O&O Palmilla and Ventanas and they are all amazing but there's something a little more laid back and comfortable about Esperanza. The views and the resort overall are just beautiful! Plus, it's a foodie paradise. Enjoy!

Room Tip: get the terrace ocean view casita. Worth the splurge!
Dear Sctomlinson,

We enjoyed reading your 5 star review! It sounds like you have both become passionate fans of Esperanza and we appreciate your loyalty.

Please let us know when you will be returning, to your “Cabo home”. Our Esperanza team will be waiting with open arms!

Davis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Words are not enough to articulate, effectively, the essence of my visit to Esperanza. I begin with the very warm and friendly staff because their thoughtful and genuine presence was a constant throughout our stay. Upon arrival, our gracious reception was greeted by smiling faces and an offering of chilled refreshments in lovely Mexican pottery cups. We were then escorted to our casita. The ocean views of The Sea of Cortez and Pacific oceans were never out of sight. How could they be? This Auberge Resort sits majestically on beautifully manicured grounds kissed by the ocean beyond. Our Palapa Casita, on the top level, was magnificent!! Upon opening our front door, the expansive ocean views from our large balcony transported us inside. On the meticulously made bed, there was a crisp, white linen duvet, beautifully enhanced by a heart made of red Bougenvilla. There was also a very large sitting area. The bathroom was appointed with lovely Spanish tiles, double sinks, soaking tub, separate shower and infinity soaking pool, that all looked out to the ocean beyond. I should also mention it was my birthday. Well, every day something special and unexpected delighted me. In our room, the day of arrival, was a presentation of canapés, strawberries dipped in chocolate on a large ceramic plater, with a chocolate inscription of "Happy Birthday," champagne, a welcome note from the hotel manager and a dinner surprise I will NEVER forget, later that evening. Each morning, my husband and I began our day eating breakfast at one of the resorts three dining venues. All the tables sit on stone terraces that overlook the ocean. The breakfasts were included in our package and the choices generous and delicious. We dined three of our five nights at the resort because the menu was varied, always fresh and the food, delicious and beautifully presented. On my birthday, we dined at a table on one of the terraces that sit at the edge of the sea. The service was so genuinely kind, knowledgable and attentive. This was the case throughout our stay. Honestly, never in my long life of traveling, have I been so very impressed with such a high caliber of service. The staff were so insightful and anticipated our needs.....Well, they just seemed to read my mind! I felt there was a guardian angel at my side the entire time. I am tempted to go into more specifics about my experience, but, will restrain from dong so, because it would reveal so many more acts of kindness and unexpected delights that should be experienced, personally. I should also add that I scheduled two spa treatments, a facial and a foot, leg, head and shoulder massage, both excellent and the serenity and tranquil essence of the spa was perfection. I will close this review by emphasizing, again, the excellent quality of service and attention to detail. Give yourself a treat and be embraced by "The Esperanza Spirit!" You will miss out on one of life's glorious pleasures if you don't!!

Room Tip: Many of the accommodations have ocean views, but the best are the casitas and villas closest to the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear ArtContessa,

Thank you for sharing your kind words from your birthday celebration at Esperanza. We enjoyed hearing about your wonderful experience, it sounds like you both enjoyed our dining offerings as well as the various amenities and our renowned spa throughout your stay.

I trust you will both return very soon for more of “The Esperanza Spirit”!

Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was my first time to Cabo, and I surprised my girlfriend with this trip. We both couldn't have been happier with the EVERYTHING that Esperanza had to offer. From the private car at the airport to the drinks awaiting us at the lobby rotunda to the private dinner on the beach, it was absolutely amazing. The room? Perfection. Having our own infinity hot tub on our private 3rd story deck was too cool. All of the amenities that came with our room (and there are a LOT), along with the super-comfy king bed and huge window doors looking out at the ocean made this place unforgettable. I had the added pleasure of proposing to my girlfriend at the hotel during our "Night to Remember" dinner on one of the beaches. The staff were all in on it, and they played their part perfectly. We were so impressed with Esperanza that we didn't even leave the hotel while we were there (Friday through Monday). We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear WTG1979,

It’s wonderful to hear that you and your girlfriend could not have been happier with your Esperanza visit! I’m glad that the room was perfection and that you both enjoyed the special goodies we planned during your special “surprise” getaway.

Congratulations on your engagement and we truly hope you will consider Esperanza for your wedding celebration or romantic honeymoon getaway soon.

Marc Rodriguez

Been to Esperanza - An Auberge Resort? Share your experiences!