“Cocina del Mar Restaurant at Ezperanza is absolutely AMAZING” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Esperanza - An Auberge Resort

Save Saved
You added Esperanza - An Auberge Resort to your Saves list
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carr. Transpeninsular Km 7 | Punta Ballena, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Ultimate Escape Save 35%
Ranked #1 of 65 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Chicago,
“Cocina del Mar Restaurant at Ezperanza is absolutely AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I recently asked my fiance to marry me at this absolutely amazing restaurant attached to the Esperanza Resort called Cocina del Mar. This restaurant is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been - with tables jetting out over the water on top of some rocks you listen to the waves on the rocks and beach as you eat, which creates a beautiful and serene atmosphere.

I worked with the Director of the restaurant, Diego Weiss, to setup the evening and make sure it was special. He had everything perfectly setup when we arrived and our waiter Salvatore was incredible as well - made the entire night all the better.

The food was beyond fantastic. Since it was our engagement night, they actually allowed us to try a bit of everything. I highly recommend the Tuna and the Rainbow fish as well as the filet. My fiance had some sort of beet and goat cheese salad and I had the blue crab appetizer. Both were wonderful and the presentation only made it better.

Overall, I give this restaurant 5+ stars and will absolutely be going back the next time I'm in Cabo.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear CR101885,

Congratulations on your recent engagement! We are honored that you chose Cocina del Mar at Esperanza for such an important occasion!
We are thrilled that Diego, Salvador and our team were able to contribute to such an amazing evening for you and your fiancé.

Once again, “Felicidades” from everyone here at Esperanza. We hope you will consider us for your romantic wedding destination.

Marc Rodriguez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed in the Esperanza for four or five days then went off to visit Mexico City. We were amazed on the quality of service from the pool attendants, the concierge, the cleaning staff, the views in the mornings and in the evenings, and the food selection was perfect. We had dinner at the restaurant, the selection of wine is out of this world. We both visited the spa, which is something else. It is a must. I would say it has one of the best spa's in the world, truly amazing. And if your lucky, you'll see the owner Jack, who will treat you like a member of his family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear CenturionGuest,

Thank you for sharing such great comments from your Esperanza visit this past autumn.
I’m so glad that you enjoyed our Spa, Restaurant as well as our service! Our Team enjoyed reading your wonderful feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you both back to Paradise again soon!

Oakland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had a great time over 4 days! We stayed in a three bedroom villa, right on the ocean with a wonderful private pool and spa. I loved the pool because it was actually deep. The room was very comfortable & clean.

We were fortunate to have a wonderful butler named Gabino. He took care of all of our needs and made great margaritas for us daily @ sunset.

The restaurants were very good, breakfast in particular was great! We dined twice for dinner in the villa and Gabino made sure that everything was taken care of and beautifully served.

The spa was fabulous, great treatments and one of the most beautiful spa's I've ever visited.

We'd love to return, we love the hospitality and the warmth of the Mexican people.

Room Tip: There are some great rooms very close to the beach
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear NeverBetter,

I appreciate your kind words. We are thrilled that you and your friends had a wonderful visit at our Residence Club at Esperanza. I am delighted that Gabino and our team took care of all of your needs.

We hope you’ll return soon for your fix of great margaritas and our beautiful Cabo sunset!

Saratoga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband, daughter and I had an absolutely wonderful dinner at the restaurant at Esperanza a few weeks ago. The food really was incredible, wait staff were all professional and friendly and the location just on the cliffs was beautiful. Best part, at the end of dinner they brought these three little muffins to take home that had a note to "just ask for the recipe" if there was something we liked. So I did! Not that I could reconstruct it as exquisitely, but I know what my daughters next birthday menu will be!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Gail K,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at Cocina del Mar, our signature restaurant! It is great to hear that you and your family enjoyed an incredible dinner. I agree the location is quite magnificent. I do hope that you and your family will return again very soon for another amazing evening!

Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have never stayed at a finer resort! Everything and everyone at the resort is first class. All the reviews on trip advisor are absolutely true. The best part for us is the staff. EVERYONE from the pool attendants, ladies who clean the rooms, wait staff, personal concierge, front gate attendants and all other staff we have encountered give 110% to make sure we are having a wonderful experience. This is our fourth day here and fortunately I had the foresight to reserve us here for a total of 8 days. We have four more days to enjoy this fabulous resort. FYI if you love Mexican food this is the place for you! In addition, in Cabo, Los Tres Gallos, is a fabulous traditional Mexican food restaurant you must try. Now I must get down to the gym to work off some more calories so I can eat again today. And oh by the way, the spa is to die for. Yes, it is expensive but the facility and the massage I had was phenomenal. This place lacks for nothing!! I do hope we will be back! Oh, did I mention the spa on the expansive balcony...... I could go on and on but must get to the gym. Thank you, Esperanza, for making my husband's first trip to Mexico a fantastic one. Creating memories we won't soon forget.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 4steph,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review! Our Team was encouraged to hear that we helped create lasting memories for you and your husband. Please come visit us at Paradise again soon! We will be sure to have your favorite Mexican dishes waiting for you!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Great service, great food, great property with friendly attentive staff. No hidden fees, no ridiculous prices on food, etc. at the resort. Everything was very reasonable and every need was attended to. This was the easiest vacation ever in Mexico with handholding basically from the airport and all the way back. The smallness of this place, friendly staff, and more laid back atmosphere differentiate Esperanza from some of the other options in Cabo like The Palmilla. The Palmilla is great and offers a bit more dining creativity and slightly more attentive service perhaps, but it comes with more glitz, whiter gloves and a little higher price that may or may not make it a better value for you. The spa and workout facilities and options for classes are really great. I didnt like massages before the spa there. We had breakfast included in our package and had great food every day. On Oscar night, they set up a big screen and projector in the outdoor lounge which was fun, and that is a good example of their creativity. Having a hall of fame QB sitting next to me on the beach was a pretty cool too. Better was that not one person at the resort invaded is privacy (not that I saw anyway).

Room Tip: Palapa rooms on top floor are great - ask for a west facing room to get better sunset views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear GregTylerF,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay! We treat all of our guests at Esperanza like royalty and I’m delighted we exceeded your expectations in every way.

Our Team here looks forward to having you back in the not too distant future!

Warm Regards,
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed in one of the 3 bedroom villas in the residences section of the hotel. This was the second time my wife and I stayed at Esperanza and everything was perfect. Unlike most hotels in Cabo San Lucas that feel very touristy, loud and "Cancun-ish", Esperanza is a tranquil destination. The hotel is perched on a cliff next to the ocean and the beach consists of small coves with large rocks jutting out of the sand.

The free foot massages, fresh fruit and home made fruit juices that are served to you each day at the pool are a nice touch. We miss the cocktails, especially the exotic flavored margaritas, served at the pool during the day. The hotel restaurant adjacent to the outdoor lobby has fantastic panoramic views and the food is excellent, yet a bit pricey. I highly recommend trying Nick San, a great sushi spot in downtown Cabo.

If you have a chance, check out the spa. The setting is is out of this world. It is one of the finest outdoor spas I have ever visited. Massages are expensive, but worth it. If you want to get a flavor of it, but dont want to splurge for a massage, you can enjoy the steam room, outdoor showers and jacuzzi for free if you are staying at the hotel. Give it a short, you won't regret it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JesseJames12,

It was a pleasure to receive your wonderful review. We treat our guests like family and our staff was glad to see you and your wife return for another relaxing visit!

We look forward to greeting you both again soon. We’ll be sure to have a margarita waiting for you!

Marc Rodriguez

Been to Esperanza - An Auberge Resort? Share your experiences!