“True Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Esperanza - An Auberge Resort

Expedia.com BookIt.com
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carr. Transpeninsular Km 7 | Punta Ballena, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
5th Night Free + More
Ranked #3 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Alexandria, VA
“True Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have never stayed at a finer resort! Everything and everyone at the resort is first class. All the reviews on trip advisor are absolutely true. The best part for us is the staff. EVERYONE from the pool attendants, ladies who clean the rooms, wait staff, personal concierge, front gate attendants and all other staff we have encountered give 110% to make sure we are having a wonderful experience. This is our fourth day here and fortunately I had the foresight to reserve us here for a total of 8 days. We have four more days to enjoy this fabulous resort. FYI if you love Mexican food this is the place for you! In addition, in Cabo, Los Tres Gallos, is a fabulous traditional Mexican food restaurant you must try. Now I must get down to the gym to work off some more calories so I can eat again today. And oh by the way, the spa is to die for. Yes, it is expensive but the facility and the massage I had was phenomenal. This place lacks for nothing!! I do hope we will be back! Oh, did I mention the spa on the expansive balcony...... I could go on and on but must get to the gym. Thank you, Esperanza, for making my husband's first trip to Mexico a fantastic one. Creating memories we won't soon forget.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear 4steph,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review! Our Team was encouraged to hear that we helped create lasting memories for you and your husband. Please come visit us at Paradise again soon! We will be sure to have your favorite Mexican dishes waiting for you!

510 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Great service, great food, great property with friendly attentive staff. No hidden fees, no ridiculous prices on food, etc. at the resort. Everything was very reasonable and every need was attended to. This was the easiest vacation ever in Mexico with handholding basically from the airport and all the way back. The smallness of this place, friendly staff, and more laid back atmosphere differentiate Esperanza from some of the other options in Cabo like The Palmilla. The Palmilla is great and offers a bit more dining creativity and slightly more attentive service perhaps, but it comes with more glitz, whiter gloves and a little higher price that may or may not make it a better value for you. The spa and workout facilities and options for classes are really great. I didnt like massages before the spa there. We had breakfast included in our package and had great food every day. On Oscar night, they set up a big screen and projector in the outdoor lounge which was fun, and that is a good example of their creativity. Having a hall of fame QB sitting next to me on the beach was a pretty cool too. Better was that not one person at the resort invaded is privacy (not that I saw anyway).

Room Tip: Palapa rooms on top floor are great - ask for a west facing room to get better sunset views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear GregTylerF,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay! We treat all of our guests at Esperanza like royalty and I’m delighted we exceeded your expectations in every way.

Our Team here looks forward to having you back in the not too distant future!

Warm Regards,
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed in one of the 3 bedroom villas in the residences section of the hotel. This was the second time my wife and I stayed at Esperanza and everything was perfect. Unlike most hotels in Cabo San Lucas that feel very touristy, loud and "Cancun-ish", Esperanza is a tranquil destination. The hotel is perched on a cliff next to the ocean and the beach consists of small coves with large rocks jutting out of the sand.

The free foot massages, fresh fruit and home made fruit juices that are served to you each day at the pool are a nice touch. We miss the cocktails, especially the exotic flavored margaritas, served at the pool during the day. The hotel restaurant adjacent to the outdoor lobby has fantastic panoramic views and the food is excellent, yet a bit pricey. I highly recommend trying Nick San, a great sushi spot in downtown Cabo.

If you have a chance, check out the spa. The setting is is out of this world. It is one of the finest outdoor spas I have ever visited. Massages are expensive, but worth it. If you want to get a flavor of it, but dont want to splurge for a massage, you can enjoy the steam room, outdoor showers and jacuzzi for free if you are staying at the hotel. Give it a short, you won't regret it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JesseJames12,

It was a pleasure to receive your wonderful review. We treat our guests like family and our staff was glad to see you and your wife return for another relaxing visit!

We look forward to greeting you both again soon. We’ll be sure to have a margarita waiting for you!

Westhampton Beach, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The views are not to be described. Food was delicious at all restaurants. Best massage of my life. People very friendly and laid back, but caring. Would love to go back, to swim in the pools and walk the beaches.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Susiewright9,

Thank you for sharing your awesome feedback! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our food at each restaurant and had the best massage of your life! I have shared your great comments with my staff.

I do hope you and your friends come back very soon!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just returned from a 4 day weekend of bliss at Esperanza. From the moment we checked in, to the moment we were dropped off at the airport, the staff treated us like royalty. Considering it was a US Holiday Weekend we thought for sure that the resort would be crowded and filled with families. Much to our delight we discovered how amazingly quiet the resort side pool and beach are which keep kids out and enabled us to have 4 of the most amazing and peaceful days in the sun. It was whale season too and we were entertained daily by the families of whales jumping in and out of the water just off the coast of the hotel. We only left the resort for one meal but really didn't have to as there are ample choices that were better than your normal resort food offerings. We can't wait to make many return visits.

Dear AhoyPaloi19,

Thank you for sharing comments from your weekend of bliss! Our team loves hearing from our guests and their Esperanza experience.

The whale families are definitely amazing this time of year. They dance and splash right in front of our restaurants.

Thanks again and we will see you again on your next getaway!

Marina del Rey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a milestone birthday in February 2013. It was our first time in Cabo and at the Esperanza. We had an amazing stay! From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we were very well taken care of! The room was beautiful and very comfortable! The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. Our personal concierge was excellent and made sure our every need was addressed. We spent most of our time at the adult pool, which I think was the most beautiful. The pool staff would bring us fresh ice water throughout the day, fruit skewers, and refreshing samples of their delicious margaritas. They also provided free foot and shoulder massages poolside! So for a mere tip of a $5 or so we enjoyed 15 min foot and shoulder massages poolside and spent the rest of the time whale watching with the binoculars provided in our room. The food was excellent at El Bar, La Cocina Del Mar, and La Palapa! The breakfasts at Conina Del Mar were part of our package and they was absolutely delicious! Some highlights were the Huevos Mutelanos and the french toast (out of this world!),great ceviches by the pool, and the lobster fajitas at La Palapa were amazing! We could eat there every day! The Esperanza was a truly luxurious resort and we are already looking forward to returning!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for your great review. It’s wonderful to hear that you and your husband enjoyed an amazing birthday celebration at Esperanza!

Our staff love what they do and I’m so glad that you were spoiled at the pool and at our restaurants. February is a great month for whale watching, they love to spend their morning jumping in the ocean right in front of our resort.

Please let us know when you will be returning so we can assist in organizing another wonderful stay!

pasadena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was a very special trip for my wife and me as we were celebrating her 40th birthday. We initially discovered the resort in Travel & Leisure magazine and then performed an exhaustive review of TripAdvisor and other review sites.

Now, this vacation certainly is not cheap, but let me tell you, it was absolutely worth it. The room was beautiful and well appointed, and the spa on the terrace was just incredible. The grounds were perfectly manicured. The staff and the people were all just incredibly friendly and helpful. Our concierge, Elena, was excellent and made sure our every need was addressed. As did the pool staff (at the adult pool). They would bring us fresh ice water throughout the day, fruit sticks, wonderfully refreshing samples of their excellent margaritas, and would move the umbrellas to make sure that while my wife was basking in the sun, I was always in the shade (yes, I'm the super white guy).

The food at all the restaurants were enjoyable. We ate at El Bar, La Cocina Del Mar, and La Palapa. The breakfasts at El Bar were part of our package and were absolutely wonderful. Also, the shrimp fajitas and the pozole at La Palapa were sublime. I could eat these every single day, all day.

The only small nits I would point to is that at the dinner services, we were only presented two water service options: sparkling or still. I didn't want either. Just give me ice water that's free! And before you all say, "hey, you're in Mexico, stupid," the hotel has a state of the art water filtration system, so you'll be just fine with that. And before you say, "hey, cheapo, just pay for it." Well, listen, I can certainly afford it, but there's something about paying $9 for water at dinner that just doesn't sit well with me.

At bottom, this was a wonderful trip. From the car service from the airport, to the kind woman who turned down our bed every night, Esperanza a true luxury resort in every sense. We cannot wait to be back.

Room Tip: We reserved the cheapest room (i.e., the casita w/out the jacuzzi), however, the gave us an upgrade...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear a o,

I am truly delighted that Elena and the entire Esperanza family helped make your wife’s 40th birthday celebration a very special & memorable occasion! Our employees strive to go above and beyond their daily activities and I thank you for sharing your kind comments!

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed a complementary upgrade to an ocean view terrace casita and Jacuzzi and that your wife was pampered by our poolside amenities!

I’m thrilled that you enjoyed dining at our varied restaurants here at Esperanza. Chef Gonzalo’s authentic Mexican food is delish, especially the pozole and shrimp fajitas. I appreciate your feedback in regards to our water options (of which we have many) and certainly understand you. We will ensure the service team clearly communicates this to our future guests.

Thanks again for sharing your wonderful comments and experience. We hope you will return again in the not too distant future!

Yours Sincerely,
Marc Rodriguez

Been to Esperanza - An Auberge Resort? Share your experiences!