This was a very special trip for my wife and me as we were celebrating her 40th birthday. We initially discovered the resort in Travel & Leisure magazine and then performed an exhaustive review of TripAdvisor and other review sites.
Now, this vacation certainly is not cheap, but let me tell you, it was absolutely worth it. The room was beautiful and well appointed, and the spa on the terrace was just incredible. The grounds were perfectly manicured. The staff and the people were all just incredibly friendly and helpful. Our concierge, Elena, was excellent and made sure our every need was addressed. As did the pool staff (at the adult pool). They would bring us fresh ice water throughout the day, fruit sticks, wonderfully refreshing samples of their excellent margaritas, and would move the umbrellas to make sure that while my wife was basking in the sun, I was always in the shade (yes, I'm the super white guy).
The food at all the restaurants were enjoyable. We ate at El Bar, La Cocina Del Mar, and La Palapa. The breakfasts at El Bar were part of our package and were absolutely wonderful. Also, the shrimp fajitas and the pozole at La Palapa were sublime. I could eat these every single day, all day.
The only small nits I would point to is that at the dinner services, we were only presented two water service options: sparkling or still. I didn't want either. Just give me ice water that's free! And before you all say, "hey, you're in Mexico, stupid," the hotel has a state of the art water filtration system, so you'll be just fine with that. And before you say, "hey, cheapo, just pay for it." Well, listen, I can certainly afford it, but there's something about paying $9 for water at dinner that just doesn't sit well with me.
At bottom, this was a wonderful trip. From the car service from the airport, to the kind woman who turned down our bed every night, Esperanza a true luxury resort in every sense. We cannot wait to be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the tip of the Baja Peninsula, Esperanza is located within the private enclave of Punta Ballena in Cabo San Lucas Mexico. Overlooking the Sea of Cortez, this highly acclaimed luxury resort offers an incomparable natural setting on 17 lushly landscaped acres. Fifty-seven guest casitas and suites cascade down a gentle hill affording spectacular ocean views from every room. Resort amenities include an oceanfront infinity-edge pool, private beach, award-wining spa, yoga studio, fitness center, art gallery and world-class dining—all with spectacular 180-degree vistas of sky and sea, for a perfectly private resort escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Esperanza - An Auberge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperanza - An Auberge Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Esperanza An Auberge
- Esperanza Resort
- Esperanza - An Auberge Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos