“Huge Disappointment and TaxBack is a scan” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 44 Shopping in Cabo San Lucas
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Huge Disappointment and TaxBack is a scan”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I purchased a diamond at this DI back in November 2013. They keep telling me that the diamond is colorless and worth a lot. They gave me an appraisal, that my insurance did not accept because the information was scarce and the store manager is not GIA certified. When I had it appraised back at home in the US, is came in almost $700 cheaper than what I paid. The diamond is also not even close to the quality the store manager "jotted down".

I was willing to accept that I was tricked and they are con artists. But was counting on the $300 from the TaxBack program to offset the discrepancy. There is a TaxBack booth right in the store and was ASSURED I would get the money very soon. It is now March 2014 and nothing. I have emailed the TaxBack people a couple times with no response.

Both are a waste of time, stick to buying beers and tacos in Mexico.

Visited November 2013

Overland Park, Kansas
4 attraction reviews
“Rude salesman”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We are in Cabo this week and have shipped at DI before. This year I was after a pair of diamond earrings. The salesman started off nicely and showed me several different options. To be honest the quality wasn't there but the last pair he showed me seemed to be what I was looking for. We told him our budget was $1000 the pair he showed us was $1600. When I told him I was in town for the week and needed to sleep on the decision. He said "that just is a polite way of saying you will never be back
And you should not waste my time with telling me that you want to think about it".

I think it was also the tone that really offended me. I always sleep on a big decision and probably would have returned to buy them. Now I will never shop with them again. I work retail and value Customer service. This was far from the service I would expect from a jeweler

I will take my $$ to a local jeweler at home

Spokane
“Place to buy your jewelry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is the only place in Cabo I will buy Jewelry. You know you are not going to get ripped off. For all of you people that think that the corner Jewelry stores in cabo will beat the price you better think again if the jewelry is real!!! I know one place that will rip you off and that place is CHjewelry Designer Please stay away and go to Diamonds International!!!

Visited February 2013
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Impressive products in this location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The service was excellent and the selection of jewellery ranged from brand names to house. I bought a John Hardy bracelet for my mother. It was competitively priced and I did not feel pressured at all.

Visited February 2013
Grass Valley, California
“Tanzanite Ring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We purchased a Valentine's Day gift of a Tanzanite Ring...tanzanite stone on a sterling silver ring. It is a very attractive ring.

Visited January 2013