“Wonderful help” 5 of 5 stars

Reno, NV USA
12 attraction reviews
“Wonderful help”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Personal attention.. not pushy (grateful for that) time and assistance was perfect. Thank you G and Ramon!!

Visited October 2012

Irvine, California
4 attraction reviews
“Diamonds International-They are RIPOFF, SCAM! DO NOT GO!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

They are scammers! I visited their store branch at Nassau, Bahamas and bought a 3-stone oval shaped diamond ring. When I bought the ring, I was assured and told by the salesperson and her Manager that the ring I was buying have good quality diamonds on it. In my mind, a “good” quality diamond is at least an SI1 or above, and that is why I negotiated, bought, and paid for the ring for the price of $7,100. I had asked for an appraisal to ensure that the diamonds on the ring I was buying was in fact a “good” quality diamond. They had informed me that they will issue and give me the appraisal when I had already paid/bought the ring. Since the ring was in yellow gold ( I wanted it in white gold) and it wasn’t my exact ring size, they had asked me to pay the ring ahead of time and go back to the store to pick it up after they were done sizing it up and converting it to white gold. When I went and picked up the ring, the store was already in the process of closing for the day, giving me no time to inspect the ring and review the appraisal. When I got to my hotel, I was disappointed when I saw the appraisal that indicated the diamonds are I3 quality (which this rating does not even exist on the official Gemologist rating system). The next day, I immediately called the store, and spoke to an Andy from their Customer Service, informing them of my disappointment and wanted to return the ring. They told me that they cannot accept a return unless I have an Return Merchandise Authorization. They had advised me to call their 800-number on the back of the receipt. I contacted their them many times, pleaded my case, negotiated an exchange for a better quality ring, but will not refund my money back! These people are plain scammers! DO NOT make a mistake of buying any type of jewelry from them, they will rip you off!

Visited June 2012
Santa Clara, California
95 attraction reviews
“Back again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I have purchased pieces from other Diamonds International and also Tanzinite International. I have nothing but good things to say. While we were in Cabo I ended up purchasing a Brownish/Yellow diamond ring. Never pay full price, you have to go in and negotiate. If you don't feel you are getting the right price, then walk away. Since I have already purchased other pieces from other Diamonds Internationals, I got a better deal than I thought I would, I love my ring and the price I paid for it!

Visited February 2012
Boise
“Diamonds International Cabo Ripoff Scam - Don't Go There!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I had an experience at DI in Cabo (Puerto Paraiso shop) that reinforces everything I've read about DI being a business that cannot be trusted. Fortunately, I did not lose a large sum but my story just illustrates how deceitful and dishonest DI is. Please read my post and the other posts about DI and BUYER BEWARE if you plan to go to DI. Here is my story:

At my resort, I "won" a coupon for $100 off on ANY item at DI. As soon as I walked in the DI store in Cabo, the sales clerk asked if I had a coupon. Being honest, I said yes and told her I was interested in a Larimar Marahlago ring. These are nice pieces and reasonably priced. Whenever I asked the price of an time, the clerk would take her calculator and work in some figures then say, "The price is $365 but with your discount, only $265." This went on with several pieces. I ended up settling on a ring that was "$249" but paid "only $149." When the clerk removed the tag, I saw that it said $162. When I asked the clerk how she calculated the price, she said "It's in my head, after all, I work here." Then she said the price was in their computer and $162 was not the price, it was something else. I asked why she had to use a calculator and she said it was to work out the discount. Hmmm... Let's face it, a first grader can subtract $100 from $365 without a calculator. My gut said "red flag" but I bought the ring anyway. Now here is where the RIPOFF comes in...

When I got back to our resort, I got on the Internet and saw that the EXACT same ring was available on the Diamonds International website (shopdi.com) for only $135. And there was a 20% off promotion with no shipping, so I could have paid $108 for buying from DI online. So the $100 coupon is completely WORTHLESS, DI just uses it to get suckers into the store. DI lies by hiking up the price and then "discounting" it by $100.

I went back the next day to talk to the manager who showed me the same pieces I had seen the day before but he quoted prices MUCH LOWER than the clerk had the day before. I told him about the DI website and asked for my money back so I could buy it online (from his own company!) He told me only the NYC office could do that, he had no authority to make a refund. When I asked him about the coupon scam, he said the coupon should not have been used for that transaction because the ring was from a "collection." THE MANAGER COULD NOT EXPLAIN WHY I WAS QUOTED HIGHER PRICES AND THEN GIVEN A DISCOUNT. My husband was with me, and friends the next day, so I have witnesses to all that happened. I told the manager I was going to take time to write a review because all the negative things I'd read about DI were apparently true. The resorts and cruise lines should wise up to these con artists and STOP recommending them, because they look as if they are in cahoots to bilk the very people (tourists) who drive the economy of places like Cabo.

Visited December 2011
San Diego, California
“BEWARE buyers! You will be cheated...just avoid buying..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

This is a review for the store in Cabo.I visited this store when I went on a cruise last year it was through Holland america. Since Diamond International was one of their preferred and recommended vendor I was not really worried about shopping here. As we had limited time at Cabo we figured out we could visit DI as they will have a lot of selections.
My Mother purchased a diamond(so called) earring and a Tanzanite earring which we purchased for $1000 & they also provided the valuation certificates which were higher than what we payed for.
Recently I had them valued at 3 different and well reputed places and to my SHOCK they all valued it under $100. in reality they said it will cost about $60-70!!!!
What else can I say!!! I will be sending emails to DI.
Buyers beware of DI....Research before you buy!!!! Don't get scammed.

Visited October 2010