“2 Australians looking for Adventure and Romance” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Tripadvisor Deal
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Launceston Tasmania
“2 Australians looking for Adventure and Romance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed at the Playa Grande for 9 night’s mid-July and loved the joint.
We are late 30s early 40s and first time Cabo holiday for us and the room was on the lower section close to the beach room number 2053.
Playa Grande is super safe, super friendly and it meet all my aspirations, after studying trip advisor for 5 months the pressure was on to perform.
I dragged my wife for 24 plus hours of travel from Tasmania (The bottom island below Australia) to the other side of the world. Was it worth it? Hell Yeah!!
The bed was huge and comfortable and the room size was great. The little things that matter to me like the water pressure of the showers were spot on. Yes folks 2 bathrooms so my wife could get ready at the same time as me and all her perfumers, toiletries hand wash etc takes up one bathroom.
All jokes aside the service of all staff was awesome and they really understand customer service.
Great willingness to help with anything that you need they make it happen. Just beautiful people.
My wife used the day spa for the day and loved it. I highly recommend spoiling your partner with this wonderful surprise. It cost $$$ but was so worth it as a special treat that made her feel like a movie star for the day.
The place is super super super clean…. I mean they have people raking the sand around the joint. They have an in-house doctor service, it’s very easy to walk to the centre of town 10 mins and this was in the middle of their summer. I did carry water and it was hot.
Room service was great the couple of times we used it, the food looked very fresh and clean and tasted yummy. The gardens are very impressive and they have turtles in some of the little creeks that flow around the joint. Very cute.
The security of the place was tip top not sure if they really need that level but hey it made you feel safe not matter where you were in the world.
The pools were great and yes it’s not a swimmable beach…. BUT… it makes up for it with its absolute postcard beauty, no hawkers, and very romantic.
It also looks awesome for kids!!
We have a 2 year old which didn’t join us on this holiday (due to the long flight times and wanted romance) but I could see he would have had an amazing time at this resort.
The ladies that worked in the little kiosk within the hotel were great fun and informative and were so helpful with every interaction.
I don’t believe any of the photos can do justice to the resort until you see it yourself. Playa Grande really brings on the wow factor as you drive up to the entrance and see the hotel with your own eyes for the first time. Beautiful, Big and Impressive!!
Yes I would love to stay again in fact we tried to extend our stay and to our dismay we couldn’t change our flights out of LA back to Australia.
A big 10 out of 10 for Playa Grande resort, a big thank you for a wonderful stay from two Aussies looking for adventure and romance. I am happy to answer any further questions.

Room Tip: 2053 bottom floor our room was well insulated I had music going and went outside to check on sound a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Streetwalking,
Thank you very much for this detailed and wonderful review, which help all the TripAdvisor community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service and selection of food.
Thank you again for all your kind comments, we are looking forward to your next visit.
Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I was very impressed with the hotel. This hotel has different areas and I have to say that the new area that they built have better rooms that the normal hotel. My family has time-share with the hotel in both the new and old area of the hotel and both of them area great. I may have to say that the benefit of being in the old part of the hotel is that you are closer to everything (pools, activities, theme parties, etc) but the new area is more elegant, relaxing and the pool is amazing. Regarding the staff, I'm from Puerto Rico and I work in restaurant and hotel for many years and I may have to say that the staff was amazing. They even remember our names and had good recommendations on where to go and what places to check out. Also I recommend that you check the spa services and the panomaric jacuzzi that they have. The bar menu was great but nearby restaurant have better selections. One thing that I was not happy that the beach area you can't swim on the water...but the pools area great!!!....looking foward for next vacation :)

Stayed September 2013
Dear Juan C
My entire team and I are delighted that you enjoyed an amazing stay during your recent visit and really appreciate knowing that you recognize the devotion everyone puts into constantly caring for our guests, so we can provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
Thank you for taking your time sharing your comments with us!
We look forward to having you back at the resort again in the not too distant future.
Best Regards,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Beautiful resort with the worst management! No attention to detail. We had an amazing room with a broken refrigerator, a broken stovetop, a cleaning crew that visited when they wanted, and internet that was spotty to terrible ($13 a day) All complaints were fixed eventually. But it became a joke. One day we went fishing and brought back our catch, only to find that the fridge was broken that day and then ruined our fish, and our dinner that night. When we complained about it, the manager on duty apologized and offered to make it up. She stated that tonight was Lobster and seafood night, and that it was great! Unfortunately, the event was sold out! Great, thanks for rubbing it in. She did offer us tickets to the next nights Beach Party and we accepted. Honestly, the beach party was lots of fun.
Overall, the resort is a really beautiful place, right on the beach(no swimming) the pools are great. It's obvious that the workers and shift managers are just doing as instructed. They nickel and dime you to death, and have no appreciation of the small things. We went truly looking to buy into the timeshares, but no way I would ever do that now.

Stayed July 2014
Los cabos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Nice clean hotel with lots of activities. A lot of people and a lot going on which is okay. Maybe not as quiet around but you're in Cabo! Didn't do inclusive as we enjoyed eating in town which is an easy walk along the marina from this hotel. Would come back

Stayed August 2014
Dear Hawaiifuntimes,
Thank you so much for sharing such great things about your amazing getaway at Cabo. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and enjoyed impeccable service throughout your stay
We look forward to hosting you again soon.
Fort worth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

My family is currently staying at the playa grande. We checked in on Saturday. Today(tues) is the first day our room has been cleaned, which basically consisted of making our bed and giving us new towels. Trash left in the room. Our refrigerator was on the blink the first night then seemed to be working fine but this afternoon we realized it was cold anymore. So the fresh fish we caught at 6 am that we were going to eat for dinner has been sitting in a warm refrigerator!! We checked out Saturday, again running into problems. They tried charging us for shuttle services that we didn't use. We rented a car. This place seems nice but we have been so disappointed. And please realize the beach is pretty but NOT swim able. You have to take a water taxi to the beach to swim at. Please do you research, I did but I definitely made the wrong decision. I wouldn't recommend this resort to anyone. Just a terrible place.

• Stayed July 2014
St. Albert
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My family and I were staying at this resort earlier this month. We were there for a week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We decided to get the all-inclusive meal plan for the four of us for a week. It was definitely worth it! Be sure to check out Puerto San Lucas restaurant. It's about a 3 minute walk and is included in the all inclusive meal plan. We enjoyed our dinner the first time we went back the next day for dinner again!

We were impressed with the entertainment staff. On the Monday evening they had a Mexican themed night. What a blast! There was often activities going on at the pool as well. Speaking of pools they have 3 family friendly pools, 1 adult pool and 2 hot tubs.

We would recommend this resort to any of our friends or family.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kyla P,
Thank you for your lovely review. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am glad you enjoyed the all inclusive option.
I agree that our entertainment staff is amazing they indeed love what they do and this in turn allows us to provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
I´m glad that your experience with us was pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

...we returned to Playa Grande remembering the wonderful time we had last year, not imagining it could get any better, but it did !!! The pool staff (Antonio/Julio) are/were outstanding - friendly, professional while still opening up their personal side. Really good guys that work very hard to make their visitors happy.
Then the kids club, what more can I say? Viridiana is AMAZING with kids. Our daughters wanted to spend ALL DAY with her. Her crafts, fish & turtle feeding adventures along with continual learning and adventures makes it a place kids want to visit every day.
If you’re looking for a place that provides evening entertainment, then don’t miss their Mexican Fiesta. Roberto is HILARIOUS !!!! He and his team of entertainers do a wonderful job making sure their guests enjoy the meal and entertainment with all kinds of ‘extras’ thrown in.
Tonight we’re going to the Beach Party, which I can only guess will be as good as the Mexican Fiesta - something we look forward to participating in every year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear John D,
My entire team and I are delighted that you enjoyed an amazing stay during your visit and really appreciate knowing that you recognize the devotion everyone puts into constantly caring for our guests, so we can provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
Thank you for taking your time sharing your comments with us!
Keep enjoying your vacations!
Sincerely

Been to Playa Grande Resort? Share your experiences!