The resort is beautiful and well maintained, and the food is excellent in the restaurants. We actually very much liked the "Mexican Night" dinner and show featuring Mariachis, folkloric dance, and a singer named Monica Rojas who sang Mexican standards.
Our hostess at the front, Ericka, was always on hand to help us planning the few outings we took. Snorkeling in Chileno Bay was a nice day out and I highly recommend it. We also took advantage of a sport fishing trip early in the morning (5:30AM). It was just the two of us and the Captain: Juan. Just seeing the sunrise from the boat was great, but the fact that we caught some big Dorado (that we ate for Thanksgiving) was even better.
If it's your first time there, you'll find that it's just a short (10-15 minute) walk down to town and the harbor.
One of our neighbors gave us some great restaurant recommendations while there: Villa Serena, Marisco Mocombo, and Salvatore's for Itailian. All fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos