“We had a great time!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Independence, Missouri
“We had a great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The weather was really the only disappointment. We had expected temperatures to be about 10 degrees warmer. Winds were pretty strong the entire week too.

Didn't do everything we had planned, but there's something to be said for doing nothing and the resort allowed us to do just that.

We met several really nice couples and overall had a very enjoyable stay. All the resort staff were nice and we weren't pressured to do presentations other than the initial offer, and it wasn't pushed overly hard, so that's good in my opinion.

Room Tip: we would have liked a room with a better view, but ours looked out over the main pool area and it wa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Shannon;

On behalf of all the resort staff, i want to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay; saying you have a great time with us is priceless.

We are working in new ideas, intern programs, promotions and we will receive new lounge chairs and many other stuff in the next few weeks, always listening to our guest suggestions. The weather is much better at the moment, with less wind at night.

We will be delighted to welcome you back again to our resort.

1,716 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
ogden ut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The hotel itself and its grounds are first rate. The loaction becing close to town is nice as well. The front line staff are nice and work hard.

However from the moment ypu walk in there is a sales pitch in every direction. They will not let you in the rooms prior to checkout ( just look at the lugage all storred outfront). After checkin the sales pitch starts.They invite you to a free breakfast if you agree to watch a 2 hour sales pitch for their new property. You are offered an all inclusive stay for $79 more per person which seems an ok deal if ypu plan to never leave the hotel during your stay. If you lose a room key there is a $16 fee. There is a $13 fee for internet that is spotty at best. The gym is another $10 a day. The list goes on and on and takes its toll on what a vacation is all about. Finaly the transport to the bus left 15 minutes early the day I left. I was lucky that I was there but I know that at least a few folks missed it.

So yes it is pretty, the pools are nice, but the consistent pitch for fees and selling you on about anything is annoying. Next time to Cabo I will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr Riley;

I want to thank you for describing our hotel and grounds, along with our staff as first rate. I can tell you that we work really hard, every day, to make the experience for our guest the most amazing one. That you can really see this in our employees, really means a lot to me, and i will definetly share it with all of them.

I also want to apologies for the experience you have with our sales staff. I can assure you that when a guest decide not to do any presentation, they will not bother you for the rest of the stay. They complety respect that. It is very important for me also to tell all our guest, that we are working with our WIFI company to provide a much better service, at the moment is working really well, but we are constantly improving this service. A lot of people is loving the promotion of the all inclusive 79 dls, because it not only includes food and beverages,but also theme nights, and the gym along with many other stuff. For 3 days of your vacation you can relax at our resort and enjoy the benefits of this package. As with all the charges, our managers always listen to every client when they have a suggestion or a situation during their stay. We are here for you. And you can make shure that no transportation will leave before the schedule. We work with more than 1 shuttle to the airport if there is a lot of people leaving at certain time, if we complete a shuttle then it can leave, but there is another coming for the other guest that will leave also at that time. We always ask our guest gently to be there 15 minutes before to arrange this.

I thank you for your comments describing our hotel and pools as pretty, and nice, and it will be a privilege if you can give us the opportunity to choose us, so that we can provide you with an even better service the next time you decide to come to Cabo.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I do not write many reviews and only take the time when a place really earns it. I LOVE Playa Grande. Love. My friend owns a time share there and convinced me to try it out. She has been going there for 10yrs and has never had a bad experience so I figured ok let's try it. We have never taken the kids (6/9) to Mexico and my husband and I went to Dreams in the Riveria Maya and enjoyed ourselves but would not have brought the kids there. Playa is where you want to bring your family! It is fun and lively without being loud. Lots of stuff to do if you want to such as the pools, ping pong, volleyball and the fabulous pottery from the nice man above the pool, were just the perfect amount of something without being overwhelming.

First the basics:
The resort is beautiful, very well maintained, I wish I could have taken Zaira (our housekeeper for the week) home with me because she did such an amazing job every day and she was adorable and nice to talk to. I also had my 6yr old (now 7yr olds bday there and these two wonderful women came and decorated the room SO beautifully! I have waited to write this review because I had their names written down and just cannot find them anywhere but they were awesome and that surprise made Ashlee's birthday so special. The grounds, pools and beach were always clean and very comfortable.

As nice as the resort is, we will go back for the people. Ro was SO nice! He really went out if his way to make our visit fun and always would say hi our kids extra attention which was awesome. As I mentioned it was my daughters bday and he went out of his way to make sure she had a very special day and now she wants to go back to PG for her bday every year! Also we lost her sandals at the beach party and checked everywhere including the front desk and lost and found. I mentioned it to Ro and later that afternoon he was jogging up to our room with her beloved pink sandals and a big smile! So great! The entire entertainment staff was top notch. The guy (I'm sorry I didn't catch his name) that hosted the Mexican Fiesta and Beach Party was hilarious! I mean WAY funnier than any show I have been to. My kids wanted to go to all the evening shows even if they were not hungry just to watch him. Finally we ate at the lobby restaurant right when we got in and it was a great the first impression. The food was fabulous and our server, Vilma, was SO nice and sweet. She was welcoming and my daughter loved her and asked to see her again every time we went through the lobby!

Thank you PG and we will be back!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Marijkas;

Thank you for having the time to share your comments regarding your recent experience with us.
We are a family resort, and we love to welcome everyone.

Our entertainment staff are committed to make everyone experience an amazing one. I will share your comments with our housekeeping staff. They are always creating unforgettable moments. That your daughter Ashlee liked the surprise they made, really make us smile. Our gardeners and maintenance staff work every single day to maintain our areas. I really thank you that you notice this also.

I will share your nice comments with Zaira, and of course with my namesake Rodrigo and all the entertainment staff. Small details like the ones you mention in this review, are what we want to be known for. Roberto is the MC of the mexican fiesta and i share what your kids said: He is Fun, and also very professional.

I also like that you have the opportunity to went to our lobby bar to have some meals, where you enjoy the food and service, where Vilma was top notch.

I really believe that comments like this one are the ones that make you feel stronger, positive, and with a feeling that you and your staff are doing things good.

We will love to have Ashlee celebrating another birthday with us, and welcome back all the family in the next future.

Best regards,

Rodrigo.
Algonac, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our family (wife and my in-laws) took a family vacation for their retirement to Cabo. We could not have picked a better place to have stayed. We had a little issue at check-in but this was taken care of by (Christopher) promptly. We had two rooms during our stay and both were more than we could have wanted (building A). The front desk manager (Diana Gonzalez) made sure that this special trip was just that. We would also like to thank (Violetta) in the customer service area for her assistance. She helped guide us for the things we wanted to do and gave excellent advice on the local places to eat. These people went above and beyond being helpful.

The grounds at the resort were in excellent condition and the family enjoyed just walking around and sitting by the pool. As many people have said, this is not a resort to go to if you want to swim in the ocean. The pools were refreshing to be in when the day became hot. It was very windy during our stay which did not allow us to put up the umbrellas by the chairs. This made the pools feel even better.

The rooms are very spacious and relaxing except for the couch. Luckily, we did not spend much time in the rooms as we were always on the go. The walk to the marina is about 10 minutes but to get into the main area of town takes about 20 minutes. The cabs run $6 each way if you do not feel like walking.

This was my in-laws first trip to Cabo and they are already asking us when we are going to take them back. We all had a great time on the special family vacation and look forward to going back again. It is just too bad that we will not be able to trade in via RCI for another four years (resort rules).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear AFD 22;

We love when a guest said that they have choose the best place to stay when they refer to us. All our buildings really have the nmost amazing views of the pacific; Saying that Christopher; Diana, and Violeta went above and beyond on being helpful to you and your family, is priceless to me.

I will share your comments regarding our grounds and pools to our staff from the maintenance department and all the guys from the public areas. Also, i thank you for your comments about our rooms. Your suggestions are very helpful in the new ideas we have regarding our furniture.

We will be more than happy to welcome you back for a second year, and we will make shure that you will receive the same quality treatment that you enjoy while being here.

Chico, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We just returned from a week with you at Playa Grande. We come the same time each year and have a fixed unit - ground floor, beachfront - which we wouldn't trade for anything. There were four adults and two children in our group and we all had a wonderful time. Our 12 year old grandson really enjoyed his time playing miniature golf, swimming, and playing Ping-Pong. Here, I should mention that your recreation staff, Miriam, Mayrobi, and Cristina did an excellent job of making the recreation activities fun for the whole family. The Ping-Pong tournaments proved to be a very entertaining experience and our grandson beat everyone - young and old alike. Tell Miriam (extremely personable and helpful) she needs to practice if she wants to beat him next year! Beyond that; your accomodations and service continue to be top-shelf. We bought another unit so our ever-growing extended family will have plenty of room to enjoy your spectacular (but homey) facility for many years to come! Our only concern related to the splits in the material covering the patio outside the living room. There were actually mosquitos coming out of those areas in the evening. That is room 2055 if you want to have maintenance check it out. Overall your people, service, and amenities are tops with us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear George

I want to thank you for your nice comments regarding your most recent stay with us, in your ground floor unit. Many people love that same location.

We love to have familys staying with us, and we have many activities for them to enjoy, such as the mini golf, the gym, the kids club and of course all our theme nights.
Special mention to the guys from the entertainment staff. As i have said it before, they really love what they are doing. You can see it in their faces ever single day. Rodrigo, Hector, Roberto, Miriam, Cristina and Mayrobi will be really happy with your comments. And i will definetly share with Miriam your comments. But i can tell you, she is practicing more often this days.

Thank you again for the mention to all our amenities, the people, the service. We are here for you and that you feel it, really make us feel more special.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great hotel, very well maintained. Staff friendly and you couldn't ask for a more relaxing and tranquil spot. Sound of waves crashing on the beach resonates throughout the resort at night. You can't swim at the beach, it's just to dangerous, but a walk along the beach is awesome just the same. There are numerous pools. Make sure you get up to the pool overlooking the harbor with it's disappearing edge. The timeshare brokers in the lobby are like sharks circling prey, but just say no and move along and they quickly realize you aren't interested and they'll leave it at that.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear bkinsd_858;

Thank you for your 5 star review regarding our hotel. It really makes our day when our guest like the grounds, the service, the way we are working, the promotions, the pools and all our entertainment.

It will be a great honor if you choose to visit us again in the near future and a great opportunity to provide you again with the best possible and friendly service.
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This was our first time staying here & our experience was wonderful. From the time we walked until we left the service was unbelievable! We became friends with the staff and it made all the difference. Mauricio and Oscar made sure our time at the bar and restaurants were fantastic.

The entertainment was great. Lots of activities at the beach and pool throughout the day. The night entertainment was amazing as well. The main actor was hilarious and his sidekicks put on a great show every time. Rodrigo rocks!

The views are incredible! And the atmosphere was great. Everything was clean and up to date. The food was delicious, especially the breakfast buffet. All-inclusive was well worth it!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this resort!

Room Tip: The large suites on the top floors are amazing. The views are breath taking!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear TayMarsh

I have no words to express my grattitude regarding your amazing phrase: "Service, quality and entertainment is excellent". Our restaurant captain Mauricio, Oscar the bartender and the waiters in general are always thinking in new aspects to surprise our guest.
What can i say regarding our entertainment staff? Always fun, always gentle, always with a big and sincere smile.They really love what they are doing. Roberto and his team that includes Rodrigo always bring new ideas for the people to enjoy them.
All our chefs, and maids will be thankful for your comments regarding our rooms and our food.

We would be honored to have you visit us for a second time.

Been to Playa Grande Resort? Share your experiences!