The service we received while staying at this resort was amazing. We forgot our camera on the airplane when we arrived in Cabo. Hugo and Angel at the concierge desk spent an incredible amount of time helping us call our airline in both Mexico and Canada trying to track down our bag. We had to call back the airline in Mexico a number of times for various reasons, but they were always so happy and willing to do that for us. We would not have tracked our camera down without their help.
The other best thing about this resort was the beach. We aren't huge swimmers, so not being able to go in the ocean at the resort didn't bother us. We loved to pull up a chair or towel out on the sand and could spend hours watching the crashing waves. The beach was quiet and relaxing.
We ate at the resort a few times (which was very tasty) but we were also able to venture into town. Our favorite spots were Ole, Ole! on the marina and Senor Sweets at the mall. Ole, Ole! served up authentic Mexican cuisine, while senor sweets offered a variety of fancy sweet treats.
We went parasailing and so enjoyed the views from high above.
We did not do the all-inclusive package, and liked the freedom of being able to go out and explore a variety of restaurants in town. There were a couple of days where we did not leave the resort and enjoyed a burger and fries out on the beach, ordered something up to our room, or sat outside at one of the resort restaurants. We took the taxi to Walmart one day to pick up some snacks and breakfast items. If we were to do it agan, we would do this on the first day!
Downtown is a 10-15 minute walk around the marina. The public beach where all of the swimming and activities are is about a half an hour walk. We went there to go parasailing, but enjoyed the quiet, calm atmosphere of the beach at the resort.
Take pesos to pay with cash if you head into town.
Loved our stay here and would most definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos