Overall we had a great trip.. a few notes:
-long, wide beach. Much more peaceful than Medano with no peddlers/club music.
-great employees from restaurants to activities- they put in a huge effort!
-very quiet, felt safe
-clean resort and rooms. Landscaping was excellent- there is always someone cleaning or trimming or fixing something.
-Food. Breakfast buffet was great, lunch was pretty good. Dinner is so so. We decided to do all inclusive for our first 3 days and overall it was worth it (breakfast buffet is $29 a day, Mexican Fiesta is $40 a person etc). I'm glad we only did 3 days though, as dinner options are limited.
-Front desk staff. I knew what to expect from previous reviews but it was even worse! When we checked in they offered us "an upgrade" at the Ridge... I said I preferred Playa Grande and showed them our printed out confirmation at Playa Grande oceanview. Of course this didn't matter... I even filled out the form they sent in about a month before we left, asking what we were celebrating, what room we preferred, etc. I stated several times we did NOT want to be at the Ridge. The woman who checked us in (can't remember her name) was rude and finally gave us a room at the Playa Grande after my protests. Overall it worked out but just sad it took that much of a struggle to get the room we paid for!
-Lobby Bar- HORRIBLE food... we both agreed we had better food at Taco Bell. They messed up my entree (I ordered taco salad and was given fried chicken tacos). Martin, our server, was rude. Other restaurants are good but avoid eating at the lobby bar/restaurant.
-Wifi. We had it free for 3 days with all inclusive package but it was VERY spotty. Only worked if I not only went to balcony but leaned over it. There is always a line in the business center to complain about wifi signal. Not a huge issue but they shouldn't charge for it if it's that spotty. Don't pay and go to lobby or pool... better yet the Marina where there is fast free internet.
-Timeshare battle- typical in Cabo so I won't expand but always frustrating..
-check out the Grand Solmar at Lands End- GOREGOUS!
If we got a good deal, I'd definitely stay here again. A bit more upscale and "couple-ish" versus Playa Grande being more family friendly.
Overall, we would return if we found a good deal. It was a nice, relaxing trip but hopefully they take care of their room requests- seems to be a constant issue of Playa Grande rooms versus Ridge and reservation issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos