We stayed at Playa Grande the last week in January and it has become our new favorite. The Grounds are beautifully maintained and the rooms are spotless. The staff are so friendly and willing to do whatever it takes to accomodate you.
We own at another property and exchanged it for a week here. We were given a choice of rooms , ocean view at the Playa Grande (the mixed use , timeshare/Hotel property ) and the "Ridges" timeshare exclusive property above the Grande resort. We chose the ocean view room and were given access to the Ridges pools. The Playa Grande pools are spacious and even have an adults only pool. Activities are held daily at these pools and the Happy Hour is great. We spent most of out time at the Ridges as it was more peaceful and we were surrounded by other owners there to relax.
All rooms feature full kitchens with stocked cabinets and drawers . The tip is to stop at the Costco or Walmart (15 minutes away) and stock up the kitchen before getting settled in. Breakfast, lunch and beverages in room. Dinner in town. Speaking of town it is a 10 minute safe walk and one of the best reasons to stay here. No 20-30$ cab rides and its nice to walk off that lobster and margarita dinner. There is an access gate at the bottom of the property marina side that will save you a few minutes to and fro. You can walk on the well lit marina boardwalk into town and back without the risk of the sometimes uneven bumpy streets.
In town ,Maro's shrimp house is one of the best, great combinations and great ambience.You want to eat well ,go where the locals are. Monkey business bar for margaritas. Cabo Wabo for adult entertainment , live music and DJ dancing most nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos