We stayed at the Playa Grande in January 2013. The facilities and accommodations were pretty much exactly as advertised, with a couple of pleasant surprises (e.g. the hot tubs are huge, the units were well appointed with great daily maid service). We had stayed here this time because we wanted to be closer to CSL for the nightlife than the last time we came when we stayed on the corridor (Sheraton's Hacienda del Mar).
One thing you might want to realize when you book this is how big the Marina actually is, and the long sloping driveway (really long - 5-10 minute walk). While PG is definitely walkable to most destinations, you're definitely in for some real exercise. Walking one afternoon from Medano beach back to the hotel involved at least two refreshment pitstops. ;)
Also, and this will be more or less important to different people - the wifi is definitely spotty. We bought the week for $45, and it was ok, but lots of dropped and slow connections in the room. if you rely on fast wifi you'll want to think about what to do for plan B on certain occasions.
Overall I would say PG was "as advertised."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos