We spent Christmas, Dec. 23 - 28 at Playa Grande. This was our 2nd Christmas at PG. We rented a timeshare week. Even though we were unable to spend the whole week, the price was still better than if we would have booked directly with the hotel for five nights. We were in room 2501 which is located in Building L. This is a studio that offered a terrific view of the grounds and out to the beach and ocean. Certainly no problems with palms obstructing the view from this height.
Check in was very smooth. We had received confirmation from the owner and hotel regarding our stay. We presented that paperwork at the desk and were quickly on our way. Checkout was just as easy. We had checked our charges the day before checkout, they were all in order, as they were on the day we checked out. Very friendly personnel at the counter for check-in, check-out and the times we exchanged money. We received an exchange rate of 12.6 when the official rate was about 12.8, so we were happy with that.
The suite had a small kitchen, two burner stove, microwave, blender, coffee maker, toaster and all the utensils, dishes and pots and pans we needed. No oven. The fridge was large and handled everything we wanted to put in it. We generally made breakfast in the room, maybe a snack for lunch in the room and walked to town or marina for supper so I can't give you much information on the food. We did split a chicken quesadilla at the pool one day, which was large and tasty.
We spent most days at the pool by the adult pool near the wall. I must say the towel game was at full strength here and most chairs were marked by 9:30 am with those in the best area snatched up by 7:30. I think there were chairs available around the upper pools quite a bit later in the day. Alejandro provided us service at the pool most days. He was busy but did a good job of attending to our needs. A little extra tip never hurts when they are that busy!!
It is a relatively short walk to the marina and then town beyond that, maybe 10 minutes at most to the edge of the marina, which on the Playa Grande side of town, is Solomon's, Capt. Tony's, etc.
Playa Grande has a small store with many of the items you would need, but not a great price. There is an OXXO store at the end of the drive, 5 minutes from the lobby, that is comparable to a 7/11 or Quik Trip in the US, maybe not as many things as the newer models of those in the US, but the same concept.
Overall, another very good stay at Playa Grande and I would assume we will look to stay there again on our next trip to Cabo! I would certainly, actually have, recommend it to my friends, three of which have stayed there and were very happy. You would think I would be due for a free week!!
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Hotel
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.