“Great Experience at Playa Grande” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Tripadvisor Deal
Ranked #8 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Bakersfield
“Great Experience at Playa Grande”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just returned from our trip to Playa Grande and had a great week. We traded using our RCI exchange and was very happy with the resort. Originally booked in on the third floor with not a great view and they happily changed our room the next day to the fifth floor with a gorgeous view. Every employee from the housekeeper to the pools guys and waiters and bell men were very nice and friendly and ready to help. Enjoyed the pool drinks and food and had meals at Brigantine that were very good. It was very quiet when we were there but really enjoyed the location and the grounds of the resort. The pools were excellent too. Would be more than happy to stay there again some time. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RolandBernardG, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guests from Bakersfield:

You really make us very happy with your kind comment “Great Experience at Playa Grande”

We are glad to know that you had a great time with us at Playa Grande your home away from home!
Please let us know in advance when you will come back to visit us, we will be very pleased to serve you again and fulfill your expectations!
We are all very happy to know that your experience with us was a very pleasant one.
Again thank you for your kindness in taking the time to send us your comments that I will share with pleasure with all our staff.
On behalf of my entire staff we want to wish you the best and we all send you our warm regards.

1,539 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
Buckley, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Awesome resort. The staff is always kind and helpful and the entertainment staff ROCKS!!!!! Vividiunu, Crisitina, Hector, Miriam, Mayrobi, Rodrigo, Veri, and Roberto do an Awesome job all week keeping you entertained.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RolandBernardG, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guests from Buckley, Washington:

Thank you for your great comment “Quality Resort” and for choosing Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa for your recent stay.

We are glad that your experience during your stay with us was a pleasant one and that you had a great time!

For the whole team It was truly our pleasure to serve you.

As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied costumer.

Again thank you for your kindness in taking the time to make some comments regarding your recent stay that I will share with our entertainment staff Vividiunu, Crisitina, Hector, Miriam, Mayrobi, Rodrigo, Veri, and Roberto.

Hoping to see you again soon we all send you our best regards from Playa Grande and Sunny Cabo San Lucas.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is a BEAUTIFUL resort with 95% employees who are so nice, helpful, and considerate. I, unfortunately, met one of the people in the 5%. She is the Front Desk Manager, Ana. I needed to get into our family hotel room because our food for the week and my little sisters' clothes were in there and our parents were out on the fishing boat all day. My parents woke up early for the trip, and forgot to leave a room key. My name is on the family account for the rooms (I was staying in another one of our family hotel rooms and am in my twenties) so I thought it would be no problem to get a key. Boy, was I wrong! Ana kept saying "I understand" when she had no clue what she was talking about. She caused us a lot of trouble that day, and had poor customer service. The other people who we worked with at the front desk had been wonderful all week, but their manager needs to show more kindness.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RolandBernardG, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guests from San Diego, California:

On behalf of Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa we thank you very much for taking the time to express your experience.

The comments you have made describing the experience you encountered during your stay with us have come to our attention.

We really appreciate the time you are taking to write us with your concern as this will help us improve and we hope you give us an opportunity to demonstrate to you how important your comments are and how seriously we took action.

It will be a great honor if you will choose to visit us again in the near future and a great opportunity to provide you with a better service.

Carson City, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My two little girls LOVED the Kids Club, especially their teacher Vividiunu (Ms. Bede). They couldn't wait to go each day. Every day filled with crafts, games and kids their own age. We loved it too as it gave my husband and I time to do the things we can't do with small children, Go Karts, relaxing breakfasts and shopping.
The resort itself was fine as usual, the food is a little spendy but the all inclusive package helped. The service and food was great at the Brigantine but we wouldn't eat at the Calima again. The service and food was not up to the standards it should be. I was given the wrong drink and after asking three different waiters, including my own, and waiting 20 minutes I was finally given the right drink. The wrong drink was a margarita placed in front of my 7 year old who took a drink without me stopping her in time and ended up throwing up very soon afterward. No apology or comped drink from the staff.
The spa was fantastic, highly recommended.
As a whole the Playa Grande is a great place to stay in Cabo. Great location, beautiful setting. Would definitely do the all inclusive next time and love love love the Kids Club.

Dear Guests from Carson City, Nevada, United States :

The comments you have made describing the experience you have encountered during your stay at Playa Grande Resort and Grand Spa, came to my attention. Please accept my apologies.

In order to maintain the high standards of service and excellence for which we strive, we need to know when problems occur so the appropriate action can be taken.

Concerning your comments with the service and food that were not up to the standards it should be I held a meeting with the staff involved in this situation and measures have been taken to avoid this situation happen again in the future.

We value your patronage and hope that you will give us the opportunity to demonstrate that your past experience with Playa Grande is not characteristic of our performance, but an unpleasant exception.

As an attempt to regain your trust, we would like to ask you to please visit us again in the near future and allow us the opportunity to pamper you as intended.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Playa Grande is a beautiful resort with a ton of amenities. It is a huge property with many things to do.

We had my handicapped mother on the trip and the help shuttling her on the carts was very attentive and fast.

My son did Kids Club one day and enjoyed it.

The Mexican Fiesta show was good but in my opinion not really the best for kids. The food is geared toward adults and an open bar atmosphere. They did have one activity for kids but mostly Mariachis and dancing then an adult tequila shot contest.

I would definitely recommend staying here and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
RolandBernardG, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guests:
We thank you very much for your lovely comment “Beautiful and very attentive staff.” and for choosing Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa in Cabo San Lucas.
We are glad that your experience with us was a very pleasant one and we hope that we can be of service to you again soon.
Wishing you a world of happiness we all send you our best regards.
US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My parents and I just returned yesterday from our AMAZING trip to Cabo. As first timers, we had absolutely no idea where to start. Amongst several suggestions, we decided on the Playa Grande. It was nestled right in between the Grand Solmar and Pedrogal (sp?). We were a bit skeptical considering the vast difference in price, but the Playa proved to be nothing short of perfect. The grounds are gorgeous. Pools are beautiful. Food is fabulous (my mom and I foodies - whoever disliked the food I'm not exactly sure where you were eating). We were offered a complimentary cocktails upon arrival and carted to our rooms - Thank you, Daniel. The drinks were excellent. Nothing watered down. We did not opt for all inclusive, fearing the food would suck and the drinks would be watered down. Considering the opposite serves true, we will probably purchase the all inclusive package next time. We stayed in the Ridge section of the hotel with a sprawling balcony overlooking the marina. The beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom whirlpool has JETS!! Keep in mind, I did not have the master bedroom and I had JETS!! Gentlemen, you also get ESPN. We had to go to a local sports bar, however, to watch the Clemson/Carolina game. At the Ridge, you have four smaller pools, a swim up bar, restaurant, and dual views of the Pacific and marina. My one and only complaint is the lobby is somewhat of a trek from the Ridge. And I would research the activities a bit more carefully than we did. They are all away from the resort. We did the wave runners right over in the marina - awesome. You can ride to the arch at lover's beach. We also did the ATVs which turned out to be far more aggressive than we expected. You do ride on the beach for 30 min, but the other 2 hrs you are trekking through the desert. It's a great time, but certainly recommend for more experienced riders. And the insurance is about $30 a person, but I really, really recommend it. Also, if you get a chance, grab a bite out to eat at Baja Cantina, the Hacienda (calamari, lobster enchiladas, chorizos and cafe mexicano) and Sunset de Mona Lisa (the views are unbelievable here). Thank you, Playa Grande for your amazing service and hospitality. Don't worry to much about exchanging for pesos. Many places in and outside the resort preferred cash or credit card. Banks are nearby as well. Sorry for the novel. Have fun!

Dear Guests “First Time Cabo-er”:

Thank you for choosing The Ridge at Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa for your recent stay.

We are glad that your experience with us was a pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.
It was truly our pleasure to serve you. In order to maintain the high standards of service excellence for which we strive, it is very important to listen to every client.
Again thank you for your kindness in taking the time to make some comments regarding your recent stay.

Wishing you a world of happiness,

Dyer, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I spent 9 days at the Playa Grande and cannot wait to go back! The staff on the Ridge is fabulous! Teofilo and Migual took care of us everyday and made us feel at home. Down at the lobby bar, Raciel was AWESOME! And others that helped make our vacation included Artemio, Ines, and the entire staff.
the room was awesome because you could walk out the front door and see the Pacific Ocean and walk out the slider doors to the balcony and watch the Marina. The room was very clean and the bed was fantasic!

If you haven't been here, you have to go...... It is a MUST!
Thank you Playa Grande, we cannot wait to see you again in July! Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: stay in the ridge if you can, they are AWESOME!!!