“Activities” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Newport Beach, California, United States
“Activities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've never done water aerobics in my life but while on vacation, it's always nice to switch up my work out routine. The water aerobics is a blast and a good work out! 11:30 is a perfect time based on Tequila consumption. Love the instructor, Ro - fun, funny and cute! Pool could be a bit cooler, but other than that - a very pleasant experience.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
RolandBernardG, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Guests from Newport Beach, California, United States:

On behalf of Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa, we thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed very much our water aerobics which for you has been a blast and a good work out!
Your comments are an important tool for us to understand our guests' experience and we use this feedback as an integral part of our evaluation and quality improvement cycles.
As a valued guest, your opinions are of great importance.
We would be honored to have you visit once again, and allow us to provide you with an even better experience at the Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa.

Sincerely yours.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
Vacaville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Being a trip advisor top contributor I take pride on providing fair and accurate reviews. Playa Grande has not treated us fairly and we feel very deflated by thier lies. The resort itself is very lovely however our judgement it tainted with how we were treated by the front desk. We are RCI platnium members and recieved an email from the resort confirming our reservation and stating we had been upgraded to a penthouse suite last week. We were thrilled!! However upon arrival this last Saturday the front desk told us our reservation was not valid and that we would have to stay at their lesser property the Ridge and would have to then move to another room the following day. We showed them our email confirmation from erick diaz whom we had also spoken with last week and it did us no good. We asked to speak to the manager but were told no manager was available. How does this happen? The next day we spoke to someone else and again was told the same thing and still no manager available to speak to. This 2nd person was able to get us jr suite at playa grande with beautiful palm trees blocking our view of anything. So here we are wondering why they are so heartless to send an email getting our hopes up only to set us up for dissapointment. We will make the most of our hard earned vacation but wiil not recommend this resort to any of our friends and family. - side note it is true what they say about the dogs barking on the ridge side.

• Stayed November 2012
RolandBernardG, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guests from Vacaville:

The comments you have made describing the experience you have encountered during your stay at Playa Grande Resort and Grand Spa, came to my attention. Please accept my apologies.

In order to maintain the high standards of service and excellence for which we strive, we need to know when problems occur so the appropriate action can be taken.

Concerning your comments with your reservation. As far as I know you have been given a Penthouse at the Ridge which is an excellent property overlooking the Pacific and the Mar de Cortes, then you ask to be moved to Playa Grande and a Master Suite was given to you. we do not guarantee the ocean view due to the very high occupancy we have at that time. However I held a meeting with our Front Desk Staff involved in this situation and measures have been taken to avoid this situation happen again in the future.

We value your patronage and hope that you will give us the opportunity to demonstrate that your past experience with Playa Grande is not characteristic of our performance, but an unpleasant exception.

As an attempt to regain your trust, we would like to ask you to please visit us again in the near future and allow us the opportunity to pamper you as intended.

Lynden, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I will admit that we are owners at Playa Grande, but it is nice to be reassured that we made a great decision when we purchased there. The property is well maintained and the staff is wonderful. We were particularly impressed with Aleida and Alejandra in the Lobby Bar - they were so sweet and accommodating that we would have liked to take them home. The timeshare sales staff can be pushy, but that is true everywhere you go in Cabo. You just have to let them know if you are not interested, and they will leave you alone. If you don't enjoy your stay at Playa Grande, then you must be pretty hard to please!

Dear Owners from Lynden, Washington:

It is always a great pleasure for us to receive comments like yours “We love Playa Grande!”
We are glad to know that as owners you had and still have a great time with us at Playa Grande your home away from home!
We will be very pleased to serve you again and fulfill your expectations!
Again thank you for your kindness in taking the time to send us your comments that I will share with pleasure with all our staff.
On behalf of my entire staff we want to wish you the best and we all send you our warm regards.

Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I read several reviews of the resort prior to our trip and was worried that choosing to stay at Playa Grande was a mistake. Others wrote of long check in and check out, incessant time share requests, slow or poor room service/pool service, etc. We found all of this to be wrong! We were extremely satisfied with the resort, the staff and the service. Check in and out only took 20 mins. The front desk gave us a ground floor room close to the pool which was perfect for our young family. It provided quick easy access in and out of our room and our kids were able to play on the grass right outside of our patio which extended our living space. The 1 bedroom was spacious and the kitchenette met all of our needs. My son slept on the pull out futon and was very comfortable. Service at the pool (Ricardo was awesome) took about 15 mins for food and drinks and room service took about 20 mins. Best thing we ate was the ceviche of the day and fish tacos. Other food was just ok, but we cooked most of our meals since our kids are so young. The grounds and pool were very well maintained. Our kids loved the koi pond and visited it every morning. The beach is gorgeous and we preferred the Pacific side since it was free of vendors. Overall, we were pleasantly surprised and will definitely return in the future. Oh and we were only asked about timeshares once or twice, it was not a big deal at all. We were there Nov 4-10, 2012

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RolandBernardG, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Guests from Torrance, California:

We are glad to know that you had a great time with us at Playa Grande your home away from home and apreciate your comment “Pleasantly surprised”!
Please let us know in advance when you will come back to visit us, we will be very pleased to serve you again and fulfill your expectations!
Fresno, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Okay so I hate to sound like a snob but if "booze cruise" is in your vocabulary then you will enjoy this resort. It is the type of place that hustles you from beginning to end. I have been all over the world and to many resorts and this was my least favorite. Okay so it's no One & Only, but it is the Motel 6 of this genre. I felt like they were selling each and every thing even if you had no interest. And they found ways to make money. Like after purchasing two massages, when we checked in to the spa we were told we had to pay the tax. It really wasn't a tax, it was a TIP! While I am happy to tip, manipulating the buyer just leaves me feeling cheated. Then they coerce you into listening to their timeshare pitch. What a scam. If you ever think of buying a time share, for $150 consult a financial planner for advice before you drop $20 grand on a BAD investment. In a nutshell I hated this place.

Dear Guests from Fresno, California:

On behalf of Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa we thank you very much for taking the time to express your experience.

The comments you have made describing the experience you encountered during your stay with us have come to our attention.

We really appreciate the time you are taking to write us with your concern as this will help us improve and we hope you give us an opportunity to demonstrate to you how important your comments are and how seriously we took action.

It will be a great honor if you will choose to visit us again in the near future and a great opportunity to provide you with a better service.

seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was my first visit to Cabo San Lucas. The activities staff at Playa Grande, Roberto, Rodrigo, Hector and Mayrobi are the best! They had fun daily activities and events. The Fiesta was loads of fun, great food, local entertainment and audience participation! Playa Grande was the perfect location close to shopping and close to dancing.

Dear Guests from Seattle:

Thank you for choosing Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa for your recent stay.

We are glad that your experience during your stay with us was a pleasant one and that you had a great time!

For the whole team It was truly our pleasure to serve you.

As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied costumer.

Again thank you for your kindness in taking the time to make some comments regarding your recent stay.

Hoping to see you again soon we all send you our best regards from Playa Grande and Sunny Cabo San Lucas.

Redding, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I have owned at the Playa Grande Resort and am here until Sunday. I couldn't get the room I originally purchased and opted to pay an extra $250 to come at a different time. I was promised a room with an ocean view, equivalent to the unit I purchased. I got a room with a peek of the ocean - nothing close to the view I usually have . I complained and later found out from friends that the staff said I was rude and people who are rude don't get anything they ask for. I was told to come back on Wednesday to see about changing rooms. The staff was polite, but right when we were supposed to move rooms - the room was no longer available. I worked in the hotel industry for several years and try to be respectful. At this point we don't want to move since our vacation is almost over - but I can't express how disappointed we are in the service and treatment here - especially since I loved this resort and have owned here for almost 10 years. We went to the Casa Dorado resort and are considering purchasing there now after this experience. And I am not a high maintenance guest - just someone who expects to get what they are promised. Also - beware of the timeshare people - we were captured leaving the resort and lied to - they even let us talk to someone on the phone impersonating someone else in an attempt to get us to do the presentation here instead of the Casa Dorado. Just be advised - you will be lied to and don't expect to get what you are promised! Overall it has been a stressful and disappointing experience.

• Stayed November 2012
RolandBernardG, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guests from Redding, California:

Concerning your comments with the unit you were promised with an ocean view, equivalent to the unit you purchased I held a meeting with our front desk staff involved in this situation and measures have been taken to avoid this situation happen again in the future.

Please let us know in advance when you will be coming for your next visit to help you according to our possibilities.

I also apologies for the inconvenience you had with our time share staff during your stay.

Sincerely yours,

Been to Playa Grande Resort? Share your experiences!