“Pueblo Bonito Sunset Resort” 4 of 5 stars

45-50% Off All-Inclusive
Ranked #28 of 68 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wyckoff, New Jersey
“Pueblo Bonito Sunset Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2007

I, too, got sick when I stayed at the Pueblo Bch. Sunset resort in 2005 on my honeymoon. I think it was the mixed drink which I had poolside and was made at the pool bar.
However, this resort is a beautiful resort.

Stayed June 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,118)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2007

Very Nice Property, but may not be convient for those who want to go to town or even to places within the resort. You have to call for a gas powered golf cart to take you to the different areas...maybe good for exercise but not convient in a general sense. Kind of fun at first...then gets old. You can't walk to town, but they will shuttle you in (free).to there sister hotel Rose...after you first get to the lobby by golf cart. (then still have to walk several blocks to get to anything in town... If you have been to Cobo before and don't care to go into town for the night life or ie, resonable prices for food, beer, snacks, and water....then staying the entire time at Sunset Beach is fine...just be prepared to spend at a minimun fo $25 for two at breakfast(omlet coffee)..$30 plus each person for some buffets...$7 for pool side margaritia...$4 for beer. $5 for a bottle of water from your room minibar....watchout...they charge you for stuff from the mini bar in your room even if you never took anything....check you bill.
You will be approached for a time share presentation...I recommend you invest the 90 minutes because you will get four $50 certificates to use at the resturants at any of the Pueblo Bonito resorts...plus discounts for tours and spa ( make sure you ask if they don't offer). Here is how it works: when you check in they will give you two tickets for 2 free house drinks...but you have to get it stamped at the nearby desk...that is where they invite you to a free breakfast and 90 minute presentation for the next day. The presentation was not high pressure and not bad at all. They understand ...thank you but I'm not interested. $200 off in the resturants was a great deal. I used $100 my last nite at the seafood buffet and chose the $49 each person steak and Lobster Tail plate and all the buffet items that you wanted. One glass of wine for my wife...$104 USD and $10 tip....cost me only $14 for a very nice meal. Now when the lady at the timeshare appt desk sets up your tour for the next day she will ask you for a $20 deposit....you will get it back at the end of the presentaion and all the free bees they promised you at that time. SO Make sure when you getting your free drink tickets stamped, you negotiate for as much as you can...discount for sunset crusies, spa, transportaion to the airport. so don't be so willing to say yes at first and tell them that your time is worth more than $200 of food discounts...after all you spent a lot of money to get there and stay there. I did not do this and missed out on a sunset boat cruise discount and airport transportation. (taxi to airport is $70 up to 4 persons...shuttle by the resort is $16 persons one way.) I saw lots of folks using these certificates that I missed out on.
Room that they gave me was the worst one...lowest level and no view...smelly sewer odor near by....also other pockets of the hotel same smell. I went back to the desk and complained....2PM...they asked me to check out and retun at 5pm and a better room would be avail. We took the shuttle into town ad found a great local seafood resturant (Mariscos Mazatlan) and then returned to Sunste Beach. I was given a room 3125...was much better. so if you get a bad room...complain! Pools are very nice....rooms also...most of then anyway....Feel free to email me for specifics
Overall it was a good experience but I think Cabo is too expensive in general and I doubt I will return

• Liked — nice rooms with nice ocean view balcony
  • Disliked — Isolated from main town of Cabo San Lucas...expensive meals
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2007

I stayed 1 week with my 2 daughters aged 14 and 6. We had a great time. The room was very spacious and the service was very good. My kids liked the swimming pools with warm water and the everyday fab sunsets. Walking down the beach was a exciting event too. The food was OK. It´s close to several golf courses but not from downtown.

• Liked — the pools and the scenery
  • Disliked — distance to downtown
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
toms river, new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

We just returned from a fantastic two week stay at Sunset Beach. It was our first trip to Cabo and we were not dissapointed. We purchased an aftermarket timeshare sight unseen, could not be more pleased with our decision.
The resort is beautiful, rooms nicely equiped and decorated. Spotelss, with daily housekeeping, great mattresses a pillow menu and every room has an outstanding ocean view. What more could you want? Even our "Junior Suite" was very spacious.
The food in the restaurants was very good and moderaely priced (especially considering the great views and the fact you are staying at a resort). There is a "deli" - actually more like a large convenience store on site that for the most part is well stocked and reasonablly priced.
Service was very good, the pools were well maintained and always had lounges available - it was a nice touch that they do NOT let people reserve chairs by coming out early in the morning. Pool towels are collected from vacant chairs throughout the day.
Shuttle service to "sister" hotels downtown were readily available and quite comfortable. Taxi service downtown was $10 each way - not bad at all. Taxi from the airport was $85 - shuttles are available for $17 per person.
Downtown Cabo was just OK - the Marina was quite nice - plenty of bars and restaurants.
If you get a chance to visit Sunset Beach is well worth the trip - we can't wait to return.

• Liked — Spectacular views!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Old Saybrook, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

We traded our RCI week to stay at the PBSB. There were five of us, my husband and I and our three boys 10-13. We have stayed at resorts in Hawaii, France, Disney, Arizona and dozens of hotels. This resort, by far, was the nicest. The unit (2bedroom,2bath) was huge and had a wonderful deck with Jacuzzi. I had a shoulder injury and requested a unit with a jacuzzi and they quickly honored my request. Not only are the rooms and grounds beautiful, but the people who worked there were some of the friendliest I have experienced. I truly felt relaxed and welcomed every day. We ate at the pools and at the Bistro restaurant a number of times and had a delicious experience.

The only drawback was the lack of washer/dryers in the units or on the grounds. The amount of laundry a family of five goes through in a week is too excessive to use the laundry service which is priced per piece of clothing.

This resort truly knows how to make you feel like you are on vacation and should do nothing but relax and enjoy.

• Liked — spacious units, friendly staff
  • Disliked — no washer/dryer facilities
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Carlos, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2007

I am a time share owner at this wonderful property and have been going here for 4 years now. The property and rooms are top notch and I love that it is 10 minutes away from all the people and locals selling things in town. There are now 4 or 5 pools I believe and happy hour seems to last all afternoon. These are real happy hours with great homemade drinks to order for low prices. Their weekday buffet breakfast is also fabulous and a great bargain at less than $15 per person. The taxi ride each night into town is quick and there are always taxis waiting in the lobby and round trip the most we've ever paid to anywhere in Cabo is $12 US + tip. The daily shuttle service to the Rose is also very convenient and we love spending a day in the covered lounge chairs on the beach in front of the Rose with signing priveledges for food and drinks - they have the same fantastic hapy hour. In addition to my annual time share week, I have gone and stayed via Expedia and Funjet in one of their hotel rooms (slighly smaller than the timeshare jr suite I own and without a kitchette - but it does have a mini frig).

• Liked — beautiful and top notch property
  • Disliked — wireless is not yet in all the rooms - free in lobby/chapel area
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2007

We had a fantastic week here. For the most part the resort was awesome. it was very clean and beautiful. The staff was very nice, friendly, and helpful. We did have some difficulty getting the golf carts to pick us up and get us back to our room, especially at night. We would have to call 3 to 4 times and wait over 30 min. But there was a wedding there that week, and they were very busy. The guys driving the carts were really a lot of fun and always happy, but hang on to your hats (and the cart) because sometimes it's a wild ride!! The food was really good, but I did get food illness after dinner one night and it lasted 3 days. Not sure, but I think it might have been the Shrimp Cocktail. The service at the Restaurants were excellent. It was wonderful to have maid service every day, that is unusual for a timeshare. We didn't like not having a washer and dryer in the rooms, and would suggest those be added, or at least one or two at the resort to use. We will definately go back, hopefully next year! We highly recommend it to anyone! Also, the massages were the best I have ever have. They have a fabulous spa.

Stayed August 2007

Been to Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach? Share your experiences!