“Best service ever at sky pool!!” 4 of 5 stars

45-50% Off All-Inclusive
Ranked #27 of 65 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best service ever at sky pool!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Ok there were definitely things we did not like. No 1 was an annoying lady at the bistro came up to us 3 times asking us about a presentation and we already are owners so I would suggest firing her she's so very annoying!!! But the service at sky pool was the best part of our stay! They are like family and are at your beck and call!! Best servers ever are:: Al Fredo, Luis, David, Miguel, Federico, and Jorge!! Hoping to see them again in a year! Overall we absolutely loved our stay here and had zero problems with sickness. But the only other bad thing is they tell you your all inclusive includes tip and it absolutely does NOT!! These men work all day long and do NOT get paid enough it's pretty sad! So please tip them!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,080)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

We just returned from a week at Sunset Beach and had a great vacation. The resort is beautiful and a perfect location for us. We rented a car and drove to snorkel, swim at different beaches, and visit the sister resorts Rose and Blanco. You could also take the free shuttles but we wanted the flexibility of a vehicle.
Our days started with coffee on Sunset beach, watching whales from the condo's balcony, and hanging out in the sky pool.
After going to the busy beaches or restaurants in Cabo, The Sunset resort was incredible to come back to. Quiet, relaxing, and pools & hot tubs everywhere you go.
It's fun to walk everywhere, but you can also hop on the golf cart shuttles and they will happily take you wherever you are going in the resort.
There is no swimming in the ocean here because of dangerous water. This is a "don't even put your toes in the ocean" type of a beach, but the view and sound of crashing waves more than makes up for it. If you want to swim in the ocean, there are plenty of places within 15-20 minutes.

Highly recommended!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Beautiful resort but not convenient. Either climb lots of stairs or wait for shuttles to go anywhere, as the resort is carved into a mountain side. Beautiful beach, with rough surf. The check in / check out process needs to be improved. A lot of wasted time with an inefficient process. Nice pools, but the best service was definitely at the Sky Pool. The views are amazing. The service by Victor Alvarez was awesome. Restaurants are very good. Made the required reservations, but not sure they were needed as there were lots of open tables at each. Overall, a very nice vacation.

texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We have had a time share at this resort since 2006. I was dismayed when they started an All Inclusive option, as I thought the quality of the food and service would go down. I have been twice now that they have an AI option, and I have not used it, nor plan to. I received a deluge of email offers for a discount of the AI before the trip, but once we arrived, we were not hassled to purchase it. The food remains excellent and they have added a Chinese and Japanese Sushi restaurant since I was there last time, and they were excellent. The wait staff in The Bistro were lackluster, but the food was good and reasonably priced. We also tried La Frida this time, and the food and service was phenomenal.
The activity staff are wonderful, namely Julio, Sahara, and Valeria. Those three employees have wonderful personalities and clearly enjoy their work. I enjoyed a chef cooking presentation by Carlos Ornelas which was wonderful.
The spa and gym facilities are wonderful. I booked facials for my daughter and myself, and we enjoyed the spa area before our facials and it was luxurious. We had Luz and Dulce as two our our estheticians and they were very professional. We liked our experience so much we all booked massages later in the week.
The only complaint I have is that the new shuttle service affiliated with them, Cabo Travel Solutions is not consumer friendly. I had mistakenly booked a private suburban, ( which is for 1-5 persons) for my group. I realized after I booked that my daughter and her husband were on a different flight and arrived two hours earlier. I tried to change the reservation so that they could go on to the hotel and not have to wait for us, but I was told by E. Garcia at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach reservations, that since it was a private shuttle, that my daughter and her husband would have to wait. I do not see why this was, since I could have booked a ride for her and her husband for 50 dollars each round trip in one suburban and then one ride for the other three of us for 50 dollars round trip each. I wrote to Cabo Travel Solutions several times before the trip to ask about changing the arrangements but they NEVER replied to me, which was why I wrote PBSB reservations to ask about it. I will never use Cabo Travel Solutions for airport transportation in the future. I think failing to reply to a customer request is unprofessional and poor business.

Room Tip: We were in building 24, which was near the chiller facilities for the hotel, and the noise from it d...
Evergreen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have been traveling to Cabo San Lucas for more than 15 years now. We own two Executive Suite weekly timeshares that sleep six. One is at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach and the other at it's sister property Pueblo Bonito Rose.
We live in the foothills west of Denver and need to escape the snow in March. We travel during Spring Break and usually book both properties the same week and invite friends to join us.
Our daughter was around 5 years old when we started visiting Cabo and many of the employees watched her grow up. While many of the staff have since left to start new careers etc., we still see familiar faces and feel like we are coming home to family when visiting the resorts.
We have found the staff to be very accommodating. The maids clean the rooms daily and do a beautiful job. Both properties are kept in immaculate shape and everywhere you look someone is pruning trees, or doing some sort of maintenance. Every staff member you pass, greets you with Buenos Dias or Buenos Noches with a smile on their face.
We love the fitness club and find the facilities in good working order. The spa is a very nice treat. The golf carts that transport you to the lobby arrive within minutes and the drivers are amazing.
A few years ago, the resort started offering an all-inclusive option. We have found it to be a good value - especially for drinkers. The AI allows you to dine and drink at both Rose and Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos another sister property in town. Free shuttles transport you into town. We usually do breakfasts at the La Noa Breakfast Buffet and give kudos to the chefs manning the omelette station. The Sunday Brunch is a gastronomic experience. With the AI you can dine at Frieda's Mexican Restaurant for a $25 pp surcharge and is well worth the extra expense. We also dined at Sunsets and Sushi and loved it! Another favorite is Fellini's at Rose where you can enjoy Italian fare for an additional $10 pp surcharge. Reservation before arrival is recommended. Be sure to go to the new golf course Quivera for breakfast.
We love the main pool at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach and alternate days at the resort and then travel into town to Rose to do beach days. I would like to give a shout out to our pool bar waiters Israel, Angel and Roberto who gave us such excellent service!
The resort is gorgeous! Every room enjoys an ocean view. The grounds are beautifully maintained and it's a treat to see pink flamingos, black and white swans, peacocks, and various birds as residents of the property.
There were few signs of destruction from the Hurricane that struck in September, although some construction is still going on at Rose and in town - especially along the corridor near San Jose del Cabo.
We have traveled to Cabo San Lucas in March, June and July and surprisingly the temps weren't too hot. We always feel safe there. I would highly recommend Pueblo Bonito for your next vacation!

Room Tip: We love Buildings 1 thru 4 along the beach.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

What a friendly staff member. Very helpful at check in and throughout our 2 week stay. He is definitely management material!!! Do not overlook him during evaluations for increase in compensation or for promotion.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Birmingham, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was our first visit to Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - having had the opportunity to assume a timeshare from a business associate, and was concerned about some of the negative comments I've read on Tripadvisor. To immediately address: we drank the tap water daily - glasses of water as well as making coffee in the kitchen, ate at all the restaurants here -- and NO ILLNESS. We did not hear of anybody being ill during our stay so they have apparently fixed the problem that likely was caused by the hurricane of last September. Taking the P.B. shuttle from the airport, we were stunned when we cleared the top of the hill and took the new, picturesque winding road down the mountain side to the resort, passing the elite villas of Montecristo - a part of Sunset Beach - arriving at the stunning lobby building that is as gorgeous inside as out. The lobby building that includes a few of the restaurants and bars is nothing but stunning architecture. All marble, dark mahogany, incredible furnishings, sculptures, floral arrangements and renaissance painting reproductions. The check-in experience was pleasant - not the long, arduous process I have seen others describe. During the one week we were there, we could count on one hand the number of people who made a reference to a timeshare presentation - they immediately stopped when we declined. I just do not believe the stories about people being hounded about timeshares - the only time it happened was when in the lobby, I can't think of any other place at the resort where it was mentioned.

We were first put in an executive suite in building 24, high on the hill but ground floor at the furthest end from the ocean - it was not the view we wanted and were transferred to building 20 on the 7th floor where we paid the small upgrade for a hot tub suite - very much worth the expense. Executive suites are 1300 sq. ft., gorgeous again with the marble and dark mahogany trim, most of the furnishings were consistent with the resort - though the living room sofa was dorm-room like - largely because it is a sofa bed. The kitchen had all we needed - I don't know who would want an oven at a place like this. The terrace furniture was beautiful heavy wrought aluminum chairs, tables, chaises - with a world class panoramic view of the Pacific, the resort spread out below, a view to the right of the neighboring P.B. Pacifica resort and to the right of that - the Quivera golf course/steakhouse, also part of Pueblo Bonito. Oh yes, and a view of the owners ocean side manse. The golf carts were much fun, like the Wild Mouse ride of yore - there was almost never much of a wait. I tipped them most of the time but noticed most people did not. The shuttle to Rose' is a beautiful bus but we were surprised to learn you do need to make a reservation for it - but that made sense. The P.B. Rose' and Blanco next to Rose' are definitely older resorts, more for spring breakers. Sunset Beach is more sedate with a small percentage of children, whereas Pacifica next door is adult only but is much smaller with only one - though large and elaborate - pool. It is very contemporary in architecture and even in the desert landscape architecture. Beautiful. The rooms there are very small however.
Sunset Beach has 5 pools - we went once to the Sky Pool at the top of the hill - awesome views. The adult pool is definitely for the geriatric set, and was half-empty. The other days we were at the main pool which seemed to have a good mix of some kids, mannerly spring breakers, and main stream Americans. Some activity and music, not too much - so again I don't understand the complaints by some about that. Pool side service was always available, and they seemed to be encouraging us to order - there was never much wait for service. We did the all inclusive which I would recommend. It's great for breakfast, lunch, poolside food and drinks, and usually sufficient for dinner. That said, there are things to learn. We never care for buffet food - the entire concept is unappealing and usually not very good. LaNao and the Bistro are good for breakfast - you can order off the menu at Bistro along with some buffet fruit, breads, yogurt etc. LaNao has an omelet station which is an excellent alternative to their buffet tray food. One LaNao dinner with a buffet was enough for us - especially as some of the food was not even very hot - so much for chafing trays. Zao Shen asian restaurant was just OK - portions were small, quality ok, and not everything sufficiently hot. LaFrida was an additional $25 per person and in general was worth it, but they charged more for liquor that was considered part of all inclusive elsewhere. The outstanding meal at the resort was at the Quivera steakhouse that is part of the P.B. resorts - it also was a $25 per upcharge but was incredibly cheap for what we got. The restaurant, service, and food, was impeccable - one of the best meals ever. An 8 oz. filet, huge lobster tail, amazing salad, sides of creamed spinach and garlic mashies, great drinks - for a $25 uncharge. Crazy! The steak was unbelievably tender with so much flavor, and same for the lobster. Oh, and the table was on the grass, oceanside. So overall, you need to learn the good, bad and fabulous in use of their all inclusive plan. It included wi-fi that I had zero problem with, contrary to some other comments I've seen here. We ate one dinner in town - at Edith's - excellent, will return there next time. Other than at Quivera and at the pools - one negative comment is that all the restaurants seem to be understaffed as there is always a wait for everything - something us Americans are not used to nor tolerant of. Oh, and we were amazed that room service is only $5, along with tip - for whatever. We made use of that a few times - very nice.
I was also concerned with Sunset Beach being on the unswimmable Pacific shore. Though it's a nice sandy beach, the waves can be fairly significant along with undertow and a quick drop off. On the other hand, it is whale friendly and we enjoyed seeing many whales breaching not far off shore. Seeing the throng of spring break swimmers at Rose' and Blanco on the Sea of Cortez made me realize all the more benefit of an unswimmable beach!!!
The entire staff is incredibly friendly and helpful - they make you feel welcomed and appreciated. Which gets to a point that I am still not clear on. If someone has read this far and has info for me, I would appreciate your ideas. I was not clear how much to tip anybody for anything, and when. I tipped cart drivers most of the time, from 10 pesos, to a $1 USD, to a 20 peso bill. I saw few others tip. I was never sure how much to tip in restaurants as a certain amount of tip is built into the all inclusive charge - so I usually left a tip that was less than I would leave in a restaurant at home. I was so impressed at Quivera though that I wanted to tip generously. Any feedback appreciated.
TIP: people told us to bring pesos. I think that was unnecessary - it seemed everybody wanted US $$s - totals are in both pesos and dollars - so it just seemed better to have dollars. Also, I know that US dollars are good for tips as one equates to 14 to 15 pesos. Next time I will forgo the pesos and have small denomination US$$$.
One gripe I've read about that I encountered - give yourself more time than necessary for checkout -- the total they give you will contain a daily charity contribution (??!!) and charges that may be excessive and/or inaccurate. It is in spanish, is very lengthy, so do scrutinize. Some irregularities I found reduced our balance by more than a couple hundred dollars. Bottom line, this is still Mexico.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach? Share your experiences!