We just got back from a week at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. We own a timeshare in NC, and went on a trade with RCI. The hardest part (and most expensive) was getting there, but once we did, it was worth it.
We loved that the resort is tucked away from the actual town of Cabo. Being from the East Coast, the town reminds me of Panama City and has the hustle and bustle of Spring Break. There are vendors on the beach and marina, and for us, we just wanted to relax. You could be tucked away from this if you hung out at the pools at the other Pueblo Bonito resorts on the Sea of Cortez side (Blanco and Rose), but we definitely preferred the peace and quiet of Sunset Beach. We didn't mind that we could not get in the water (it's freezing to begin with!) but the strong waves are nice to listen to at night!
Here are a few of our favorite things: We loved Pacifica! I was actually surprised at how many kids were at Sunset Beach, but we loved getting away to the adult only Pacifica. It is completely peaceful, holistic, and wonderful. Beds on the beach, 2 large pools, and wonderful food. Seriously, the pool food was awesome. And we loved that we could sign anything to our room as long as we were at a Pueblo Bonito resort. It made it so easy. We also went to the Spa at Pacifica, and they were so attentive. Wonderful experience. We also really loved the Sky Pool at Sunset Beach. This was our daily hangout and Happy Hour was from 4-5 every day. As many others have said in their reviews, the Dirty Monkey is yummy! The Bloody Mary is also wonderful! The view here was my favorite spot all week. I literally bellied up to the overlook wall and hung out with drink in hand...meeting people and enjoying vacation! We also really loved the Bistro restaurant. The sushi was so fresh, and we loved the value and the selection. Everything we had here was wonderful.
Some other general thoughts: Watch out for the timeshare people, they will suck you in. The ones at Pueblo Bonito were actually great and did not pressure us as much. Plus we got some great cash to use at the restaurants there on site. We did go to one other, and loved the place, but they would not take no for an answer. It became very stressful, and then the "goodies" that they offered were very questionable. We actually didn't even use them because a few of the numbers that they gave us to call were invalid. We drove to Todos Santos one day and stopped at the famous Art & Beer. Everyone told us we had to do this, and it was very underwhelming. As energetic as the locals were about this little art town and the famous biker stop on the way, it just wasn't what I expected. The beach and the resort were calling my name the whole time we were away. We wish we had just stayed and enjoyed the view! All of the rooms have a fridge and some kitchen stuff. We bought beer, wine, cheese and crackers and some breakfast stuff and saved lots of money that way. Though again, there are some reasonable food options in the Bistro, and the pool food at all the resorts was really good.
The only complaint we had with the resort was our room location and the lack of enforced pool hours. We were in building 26, right above a pool, and there were 2 nights that I had to call the front desk because people were in the pool at 1am and 4am. There were kids screaming, splashing, and running around. It was very disrespectful, and if they don't have pool hours, then that needs to be known. Just an FYI.
Overall, this was our favorite trip. Sunset Beach can be what you want it to be. It can be romantic, it can be fun, it can be family-oriented. It was 5 star all the way. Believe the hype!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the western side of the tip of Baja, overlooking the Pacific. The resort's 50-acre site and expansive private beach provides guests with a uniquely tranquil and secluded setting. As you pass through its gates and gaze upon the endless stretch of pristine coastline, you will know that something special lies ahead. Bathed in light from sunrise to sunset, this refuge of luxury is the ultimate destination for romance and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Sunset Beach
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Cabo
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos