“Beautiful Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Winchester, California
“Beautiful Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We enjoyed our first trip to Cabo staying at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. We stayed on the top floor of building 20 and it was amazing! The views are so awesome and the kids loved the hot tub on the balcony. The sky pool was close to this unit and was wonderful, not so crowded like the main pool. Every time we needed a golf cart it was pretty quick, but there were a few times we had to wait a while. I liked being outside of town so we could just relax and spend time with the kids. The food at the pools was good too, we never ate any of the restaurants. If we came back to Cabo we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (874)
Batavia, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have been owners for 10 yrs. and have always had good service but on July 11, 2013 we were waited on by a young man named Oscar at the La Nao restaurant. He was very attentive but not hovering over us (6 of us). We were eating outside and the wind was blowing and became very chilly. The next thing I knew he wrapped us in warm towels. Not just us, but everyone at all his tables. Would love to see him recognized for his hard work and warm professionalism!

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I purchased in 1999 when there was nothing more than a dirt road and a makeshift thatch roof tent for an office. We purchased because of the views of the Pacific Ocean, the artist renderings and model, and for 12 straight years we have had a wonderful family vacation. Yet this year was a complete disappointment from the customer service to the lack of the administrations concern. We were lied to over and over again by restaurant staff, resort staff and the Concierge desk. The all-inclusive program was terrible, with no availability at the restaurants and or reduced menus. In all honesty we have loved PB Sunset Beach it was our family’s favorite vacation every year and we couldn’t wait to get back. And, after this summer vacation at PB Sunset Beach I don’t know if we will return next year. Bad service, poor quality food, rude employees!

Room Tip: Its not the room, its the service at the resort and the rude resort employees!
Mission Viejo, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have been an owner here for 7 years. I really look forward to coming, every year being just as wonderful as the last. This year, I have called Guest Services five times to report the lack of hot water, and I have yet to get a hot bath. Lukewarm yes, but certainly not the relaxing, soothing bath I want when I'm on vacation. Four times I was told the water temperature would be turned up and here I am, on day 4 of my 7 day vacation I have yet to have a warm bath. Last night at 11 pm I called Guest Services for the 5th time and was told someone would be sent to my room, which makes no sense, as the water heater is not in the unit. I waited up until 1 am, however, no one ever showed up.

One other gripe I have is that it is nearly impossible to find lounge chairs at the pools unless you arrive really early in the morning. Again, I'm on VACATION, and would really like to sleep in, not have to jump out of bed and scrounge around for a chair at the pool.

Considering the amount of money I paid for this time share and the $1000. maintenance fee each year, you'd think I deserve better service. Are there other ways this resort quality is falling? Absolutely! Would I buy again? Absolutely not!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed at Pueblo Bonito for 6 nights last week. Overall, good experience. Resort was clean, pools were great, service was good. The food was just okay, but that's par for the course with all inclusive based on my experience. The all inclusive plan is very fairly priced. The resort, though is huge! Almost too big. There are 40+ buildings and 6 pools. All the pools have fun swim up bars. Breakfast was our favorite meal each day. Buffet style with so much to choose from.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Mayra P, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear reviewer,

We would like to thank you for your kind remarks and for taking the time to review us. Hope to welcome you anytime soon again!

Best Regards,
Jose Ernesto Coppel, General Manager
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We are owners and we love the beautiful resorts. We were really disappointed this time around. I agree with some of the new reviews from June 2013. It was A lot harder to get good service, golf carts. Getting a resturant reservation was nearly impossible and shuttle to/from the Rose was impossible as well. You either had to book it a day or two in advance or you are screwed. We are really embarrass because we invited guest to come vacation with us. They only came because we bragged about the resort. They left very frustrated. Both parties left with a bad taste/experience.

Frisco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I visited Cabo for the first time on June 9, 2013 even with a late check in (9:30pm to be exact) we were treated VIP style by the staff.

We stayed in a studio location building 21 which was perfect and not as noisy as we read on previous reviews.
I found our room to be peaceful and quiet with a gorgeous view of the ocean.

We opted to do the all inclusive plan but I would strongly recommend making dinner reservations as they fill up fast.

The property is big located pretty much on a mountain side so the golf carts were great.
All the drivers were friendly and always offered a helping hand getting off.
I must say we waited a max of 5-10 minutes sometimes but it was no big deal to have ruined our day.

The available area for free wifi is small and always busy and not that good.

The pool area near the Manila Bar was amazing. We had Angel as our waiter and we never wanted or need for anything. He was on top of things the whole time we poolside.

Now the hotel is located a little ways from downtown Cabo I must mention that the hotels driveway or entrance to the main road is at least 5 minutes away and even though the property offered a shuttle my husband and I rented a car which made it easier for us to get back and forth as needed without waiting in long lines to either catch a shuttle to the other resorts and especially while trying to check out.

Overall we had an amazing time at this resort and are looking forward to returning to Pueblo Bonito with our kids.

Room Tip: Higher floor for a more beautiful view. Building 21 was great for us.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach? Share your experiences!