Just returned from a family vacation to Cabo in late Feb./March 2013. This was our first time staying at the PB Sunset Beach, we have stayed at another hotel group on Medano Beach the last few years. This hotel is great, my new favorite in Cabo! It's very spread out with many pools/restaurants so even though it's huge it's never crowded. We had 2 rooms - one in Building 19 and one in Building 18. Both were great, awesome views! We saw whales every single day. While moving rooms was a bit of a hassle they did it all for us down to the contents of our refrigerator. We were able to upgrade to a one bedroom with hot tub upon check-in which was awesome! $50 extra per day. The one bedroom units here are large.
We were traveling with our 4 year old and 2 year old. They provided a crib and high chair in our room. Both kids attended the kids club for a few mornings. I can’t say enough great things about Carmen and Pamela at the kids club. They are so sweet and I felt comfortable that the kids were in good hands! My kids loved it and were excited to go back and had so much fun! They did some really cute and fun crafts! Note – they technically only take 4 – 11 year olds but they were slow while we were there so they took our 2 year old. She is used to a daycare setting so she did great.
The golf carts were not an issue for us. We rarely used them and actually liked walking every day. I didn’t want to go to the gym on vacation so climbing the hills was my work out. I climbed from bottom (main pool) to sky pool in 20 minutes.
A taxi into town is $12 each way. We took the shuttle into the Rose one day and it was super easy. If you don’t want to pay for a taxi you could just take this and walk into town? The only complaint I have about this place is the food. While some things were decent (Salsa, Guacamole & Ceviche, Club Sandwich) some were downright bad – the pizza at 17 pool was burned and inedible. It tasted worse than bad frozen pizza. The drinks were great! We did happy hour every day. We took the kids to the Pirate Night and the show was cute, the buffet was decent! Overall it was a very fun night for my 4 year old. One of the highlights of our trip for him.
Overall, we really enjoyed this hotel. I also want to add that I am a frequent traveler for business and stay primarily in 4 and 5 star hotels. I can be a bit fussy and have high expectations and they were met at this hotel.
We did not attend the time share presentation, we said no when we checked in. We were approached once more and almost did it because the deal gets better and better every time you say no but decided we’d rather spend our time playing instead of dealing with them.
The spa is expensive but awesome! My massage was just OK but the facility was so nice. The steam room, hot tub and freezing plunge pool were so nice! I actually had a massage on the beach the day we went to the Rose for $30 that was awesome. That woman needs a job at the PB Sunset Spa !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the western side of the tip of Baja, overlooking the Pacific. The resort's 50-acre site and expansive private beach provides guests with a uniquely tranquil and secluded setting. As you pass through its gates and gaze upon the endless stretch of pristine coastline, you will know that something special lies ahead. Bathed in light from sunrise to sunset, this refuge of luxury is the ultimate destination for romance and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Sunset Beach
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Cabo
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos