This was my second stay at Pueblo Bonito at Sunset Beach and it was just as enjoyable as the first time. Every room has a panoramic view of the Pacific where whale spouts can be seen daily. I stayed in a spacious studio. It had two queen size beds, a kitchenette, full luxurious bath, and a private balcony. It had all the amenities you would expect in a high quality resort. The room is very attractively decorated and immaculately clean.
The very large resort has many, many, buildings--all beautifully landscaped--that sit on the side of a large sloping hill so every one has an unobstructed view of the ocean. Buildings are connected by narrow paths--just wide enough for little transport vehicles slightly larger than golf carts to travel on. This service is amazing how efficiently it runs. There are call phones located at every building, pool, restaurant, etc. Within minutes, usually no more than 2 minutes, one of the 50-60 carts will arrive and take you to any location on the premises. The carts can comfortably hold 6-8 passengers.
Every part of the resort is breath-taking. There are several beautiful pool areas and I still haven't been to them all. Again you can see the ocean from any place on the resort. Service poolside is very attentive and prompt.
There are 3 restaurants not counting the poolside ones. Don't miss the Sunday brunch or buffets at La Nao--just overwhelming with the selections and quality. La Frieda is the gourmet restaurant and I didn't visit it this time. The Bistro is my favorite daily restaurant especially for breakfast out on the balcony. There is a varied selection of very good dishes--enough that even after several days of 3 meals a day there I continued to try new things. The only disappointment this visit was that the service was very slow and not very attentive in the evenings. I had not experienced any problem 4 yrs ago so I attribute it to possibly not having enough servers for some reason.
My daughter and I both visited the spa for massages. I had the ultimate relaxing one and it was wonderful. My daughter got the deep tissue and she said it was the best she had ever had. The spa is very accommodating and the pampering is top notch.
There are shuttles to sister resorts which I used my first visit but frankly this resort has everything I wanted so I spent 90% of my time there.
I did take one day to go into Cabo which is about a 10 minute ride. It's worth exploring--many nice restaurants, bars, and shops-- but I had been there before so mainly wanted to relax by the pool. You definitely should at least do one of the many sunset cruises that take you out to the famous rock formations on the tip of the baja. This time I did the pirate ship cruise and it was very satisfactory for the price. From January through March you will have no problem sighting humpback whales any time you are on the water.
The resort has a beautiful beach but swimming is not allowed because of the dangerous undertow. You can visit the sister resorts if you want to swim in the ocean. Myself, I like looking at the ocean while swimming in beautiful clean pools with excellent service.
This resort easily deserves the highest rating. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the western side of the tip of Baja, overlooking the Pacific. The resort's 50-acre site and expansive private beach provides guests with a uniquely tranquil and secluded setting. As you pass through its gates and gaze upon the endless stretch of pristine coastline, you will know that something special lies ahead. Bathed in light from sunrise to sunset, this refuge of luxury is the ultimate destination for romance and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Sunset Beach
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Cabo
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos