Sunset Beach was once a Luxury Hotel. It still is beautiful however, the divorce of the owners has placed the ownership into the hands of the one lacking hotel management skills.
The carts that take you around the property used to be "Johnny on the Spot" but, now it's hard to get a ride and this place is built on the side of a mountain. The new Cart Manager, from Mainland Mexico, has cut-back carts and personnel and this is causing disgruntled drivers. And these cart drivers have and still are very personable but, this change in management philosophy will eventually take it's dues on them.
Corners are being cut and fees are going up for everything. Concierge services used to be very helpful with helping you contact recreational excursions, when dealing with the phone dialing maze. But now you're own your own and you'll be charged with each call. There is now a big push to purchase an expensive “All Inclusive Food and Drink” and that seems to have reduced waiter/waitress personnel to order from at the pool areas. We don't do the all inclusive drink till you puke, as some do, so this means less selling of drinks/food due to the reduced personnel. The Pools and Hot Tubs themselves are closed a lot earlier, due to cut-backs. We used to get “free” internet in our apartments, so equipped, now you have to subscribe at a ridiculous fee. But they haven't started charging for WiFi at the coffee shop, yet. We're still waiting for the Golf Course, Shopping Market, and Laundry after 10 years.
These management changes are changing the employee moral and has increased the turnover for these same employees. We've never seen so many new employee faces as this last vacation at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort.
I wish this property would have been awarded to the other Significant Other, in the Divorce Decree.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel
- Pueblo Sunset Beach
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Cabo
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the western side of the tip of Baja, overlooking the Pacific. The resort's 50-acre site and expansive private beach provides guests with a uniquely tranquil and secluded setting. As you pass through its gates and gaze upon the endless stretch of pristine coastline, you will know that something special lies ahead. Bathed in light from sunrise to sunset, this refuge of luxury is the ultimate destination for romance and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Stentorian NV, Amex, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.