We stayed here from Oct 25 to Nov 8 2012. First the bad stuff, and there is a lot.
On Oct 27 the jets in the hot tub at the main pool broke and were never fixed by the time we left on Nov 8. Are you kidding me? Almost two weeks and you can't even fix the hot tub??! Lots of tiles are missing in the main pool and most of the jets in the grotto/bench seat area in the main pool don't work. I asked one of the pool servers about this and he told me that there are 7 pumps that run the jets in the grotto and only 2 are currently working. This is unacceptable. A complete lack of maintenance/up keep is going on at this property. We are owners here. What are our maintenance fees paying for if not maintenance and repair?
Also there are themed buffet nights with new poolside entertainment at La Nao on Monday and Thursday. A lot of pool seating is removed all day on these days to set up for the evening party. This inconveniences the guests all day long on Monday and Thursday because of the lack of chairs at the pool. Why does it take ALL DAY to set up for the evening buffet? Why do your guests have to put up with a lack of seating all day just so the resort can set up entertainment that doesn't start until the end of the day? Then, because of this entertainment, there is excessive noise until around 10:30PM. We were in building 8 and couldn't go to sleep at 10PM because of the noise. There is also a lot of noise created by the singer that entertained at the cigar bar every night. Her voice echoes throughout the resort and is too loud even inside our room. This resort used to be relaxing, but these activities create a lot of noise and make the atmosphere of the resort intrusive and not relaxing anymore. I'm sure that the management is trying to create energy and fun, but all the noise is too intrusive for the guests that are not at these events.
This property is still trying to sell timeshares. I would NOT recommend buying a timeshare from Pueblo Bonito Sunset when they cannot even keep up on basic maintenance.
The pool activities used to be excellent also but have declined dramatically recently. Israel and Miguel used to run the activities and they were great. All of the activities ran on time and the beach volleyball was great. This is no longer the case. Sunset has recently hired Sahara and Brent. Sahara is nice but she doesn't even know how to play volleyball. Brent is terrible. He is just lazy. He doesn't even run activities on time and he just cancels activities without notice. he doesn't even try to recruit people to play volleyball. Brent is a huge downgrade from the high standards that Israel and Miguel used to set at Sunset. Sahara is ok but needs training.
Now for the good stuff. The excellent staff other than pool activities help to overcome the lack of maintenance and upkeep and all of the the other recent changes for the worse. We received OUTSTANDING service at the main pool every day. Our favorite Sunset employee of all time is Angel Lopez Ventura, a food and drink server at the main pool. Every time we come to Sunset he remembers us, he even remembers our names, and he treats us like friends and not just guests. Angel is a great representative for Pueblo Bonito. He has given us the best service we've ever had, at any resort, ever. We also received great service from the pool food server Alonso, and from the supervisor Ignacio, also at the main pool area. Israel at the front desk also treated us well.
Overall this resort has some great employees that give great service, but the lack of maintenance, the recent changes that inconvenience the guests, and the bad pool activities make the overall experience less than it used to be. I would not recommend buying at this resort until these issues are addressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the western side of the tip of Baja, overlooking the Pacific. The resort's 50-acre site and expansive private beach provides guests with a uniquely tranquil and secluded setting. As you pass through its gates and gaze upon the endless stretch of pristine coastline, you will know that something special lies ahead. Bathed in light from sunrise to sunset, this refuge of luxury is the ultimate destination for romance and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Sunset Beach
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Cabo
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos