Gorgeous property! Once you check in, you are ushered to the "time share representative" to schedule your viewing of the property, plus, "we give you free gifts!" "cash money!"....
Each and every time you head to the front door, or relax at the Sky Pool, more reps run after you. I felt accosted - in hall ways, in the lower pool restaurant. I learned to say, "I'm an owner" to avoid this. But then, they try to get owners to "buy up"!
The room itself was nice. Friend owns it as a timeshare - but know that "they wouldn't do it again" as you can never get your week, subject to change fees, etc.
Prices are high: From dinner in the restaurants on property to the little grocery on the property. Bag of potato chips: $6.50 American. Dr. Pepper $7.50 American. They'll want you to open a "credit card tab" for ease of charging when on the premises.
Issues with room: refrigerator missing interior portions, few towels, had to constantly ask for more. You hear the carts that zoom you around the property. I also had a gardener at my slider at 8am - opened the door, and there he was- trimming the plant on the other side. A felt this was peeping Tomish. No oven in room. Coffee not free in room. In room bottled water was $9.00. Sugar packets = $1. You will feel like you are getting nickeled and dimed.
Everything costs more:
Internet fee charged per day. (first 40 min free); late check out to add an hour $100.
Suggestion: get it at a low rate, rent a car (cheaper to rent than airport transit), buy groceries in town, dine at small off the main drag restaurants. DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE at the airport. They are ALL timeshare representatives. They will make promises (only a 75 min presentation! We give you $100! You will know they are not just helping you arrange a tour when they ask YOU for $15 per person to "hold your breakfast spot" etc. Go directly to the curb outside the airport to your rental car representative.
Big plus here: no one is selling on the beach. However, you cannot use this beach as there are dangerous riptides, rocks, etc on this ocean side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the western side of the tip of Baja, overlooking the Pacific. The resort's 50-acre site and expansive private beach provides guests with a uniquely tranquil and secluded setting. As you pass through its gates and gaze upon the endless stretch of pristine coastline, you will know that something special lies ahead. Bathed in light from sunrise to sunset, this refuge of luxury is the ultimate destination for romance and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Sunset Beach
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort
- Pueblo Bonito Cabo
- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos