“Breathtakingly beautiful resort perfect for relaxation” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
45-50% Off All-Inclusive
Ranked #23 of 66 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Elburn
“Breathtakingly beautiful resort perfect for relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach in Cabo San Lucas and knew at first sight that we had booked the right resort. The resort is stunningly beautiful and the landscaping and site lines are georgeous. The pools, restaurants, bars, spa and all amenities are executed perfectly and show great care in planning. The golf cart shuttles were extremely efficient and effective. The free shuttle to the other Pueblo Bonito resorts in Cabo were very reliable. We are very particular people, and we were not disappointed. We highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: No bad rooms due to scattered pools & shuttles
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (963)
Mesa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Returned on Wednesday from PBSB. 7 night stay RCI exchange. Check in went great and Omar made our vacation with the room. I expected a 1bd 1 bath however, Omar told us he couldn't find any more one bedrooms with two beds so he upgraded us to a 1 bd executive suite! The deck with a hot tub almost bigger then my back yard. Two large bathrooms on the third floor of building 21. Wonderful ocean views and watched the whales playing all day.
The resort was just as beautiful as everyone said. Yes it was on a steep hill however, never a problem waiting for transportation. Most of the time we just went down stairs and one or more of the carts were already there. As well as we really didn't hear them from our room. Only one time I would of found them to be noisy was around the adult pool. No problem for chairs around the pools and we went to three pools during our stay. We used the resort transportation to the Rose a few days and took one day to the Pacifica. Now the Pacifica was very laid back and wonderful. The staff there waited on your at every movement. Had a great day there as well.

The only two negatives I have - First the food is expensive. $35 US (395 peso) for the Asian buffet at La Nao. A glass of wine was $17 (195 pesos). Two breakfast buffets and two glass of mimosa was $53.00 US. And that wasn't even Sunday brunch.
Second negative was the timeshare vouchers. They were good for food and drinks. It wasn't clear until check out the tips were not covered by that. I'm going to take part of the blame as at check out I read the back that stated tips not included. Be aware any tips you add, you will have to pay separate at check out. Also be aware anything you charge from the Deli or gift shop or internet will not be covered by those voucher either. Last small issue was a restock fee of items used from the kitchen IE the water. I used the water and knew I would be charged. But a service/restock fee on top of the $6 bottle :-(?
Would I go back - Sure

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

Went from March 3 - 10, 2011. my husband looked at reviews and picked building 9 to stay at and I am glad we did. We had our 5 year old with us. so close to the pool. the carts came fast to pick up so no problem. the whole experience was amazing, beyond my expectations. this time my husband did all the research and read all the comments so I was not sure what to expect and it met and went beyond my expectations and I am a very picky person. at first we did not want to do the time share, then they said because we are Canadian we could not but someone in town said no problem and we signed up and got $300 worth of stuff which was totally worth it. we even enjoyed taking note of the decorations as we are in the middle of house renos and took mental notes as we were touring the beautiful house. We also took advantage of the complementary photo shoot and bought beautiful pictures which I am getting put on canvas myself here as the size I was looking for is bigger than what they had. If you have a specific idea in mind for example a horizontal long piece ask the photographer to make sure she takes some in landscape mode so that you can get it blown up that way. very memorable trip and we will have a beautiful picture above our bed to remind us of it for a long time to come.

Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a week long stay at the resort and I must say I was VERY pleased. We arrived with our in laws and had reserved two jr rooms. When we arrived they gave two rooms on opposite sides of the resort. This was a huge problem bc the resort is SOOOO big. After a bit of sweet talking they moved us to a presidential room. It was spacious and very clean. Not the best view but it was fine. The location was great bc we had a great pool that was with in walking distance. The golf carts were kinda cool and were VERY quick to arrive. A little stomach turning after a night of cocktails but all in good fun. The resort is beautiful and the staff was excellent.
We have been to Cabo 7 yrs in a row and this was the first time we stayed at this resort. We were very pleased.
We ordered our groceries from whereincabos.com and it was awesome!!! Food was fresh and arrived on time. We will do that again for sure!
Overall the place is great. The drive back to it is a little long but well worth it for the peace and quiet of the resort. The crowd is a bit older but we really didn't mind at all.
We would go back FOR SURE!!!

Only complaint was the beds. They were not the most comfortable but they do have a pillow menu which made for a little better night sleep. All you have to do is call and they will bring you new pillow..It was great.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a week stay at PBSB and it was just wonderful. We can't say enough about this resort. Everyone was so friendly and the resort was extremely peaceful. We stayed in building 40. The pool right outside our room was quiet and always had chairs available. The serving staff was so helpful and always had a smile. We ate at most of the restaurants there and were very happy with the food.

At checkout, we requested the "donation fund" be removed and they removed it without question. They really should let you know when you check in what this charge is all about. Another downside is that you do have to pay to use the workout facility and you have to pay for the internet (first 40 minutes are free though). Other than that, it was wonderful.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

The suites we rented were immaculate. Everything was sparkling clean. The view from building 19 was just gorgeous. We watched whales all day everyday right from our balcony.
The restaurants served way above average food. Most meals were excellent. We ate at Le Bistro every day for lunch and even though their menu is very large and varied, every dish I tried was a winner. The teriyaki maki was a huge hit with everyone. La Nao for dinner is lush and lovely, dining under the stars with excellent food and flawless service. Very nice and casual experience.
The pools are lovely with many different designs to please little kids to seniors. My kids were in heaven. You can be in the pool and watch the surf and the whales. Perfect.
The spa was absolutely lovely. Everything a spa experience should be. Serene and pampering and a great way to relax into your vacation.

The beach is fine for walking but the surf is just plain dangerous. We knew this in advance but still, we got caught in a wave one morning as we were walking. There isn't much going on down on the beach because, I think the owners realize that the last thing they need is guests drinking alcohol and getting caught up in the dangerous surf. So they only have a small handful of chairs down there.
We had a problem with one of our rooms and I was frustrated one evening, but they sent maintenance up 3 times as well as housekeeping and the next day the General Manager of the property phoned me to apologize. That went a long way toward soothing my frustration. I really believe the owners of this resort care about their guests.
Everything was top notch. We were already planning our return visit and we hadn't left the property!
Enjoy this resort. We loved it.

Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

My wife and I to include our 20 year old son and his 18 year old girlfriend just returned from Cabo on 21 Mar. We had a Presidential Suite on the 19 floor with a 4 person jacuzzi on the balcony overlooking the ocean. Our view was absolutely beautiful. Like most vacationers, we ate at the hotel and at the marina as well. The hotel was a little pricey but then most luxury hotels are pricey! The staff was very friendly and the resort was very clean. The cart service was great because when we called...we had a cart within 2 minutes. We stayed there from 14 - 21 Mar 2011. The sky pool was stunning to include the views. I was very impressed and would definitely stay there again. Additionally, we when to the timeshare presentation and received $200 of our room bill at checkout... The presentation staff were a little aggressive but very professional. I really didn't feel pressured at all. I did not buy because I bought at PB Emerald Bay last year in Mazatlan. I loved Sunset Beach just as much as Emerald Bay...I'm already planning my return trip for this fall.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach? Share your experiences!