What if you could wake up in beautiful Cabo San Lucas and view the stunning blue waters while still relaxing in your bed? This literally was us - in room 3307!
We just returned from 9 nights at Villa La Estancia and it was truly perfect. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeting by the most gracious staff! Everyone from the Doorman, to the Desk Clerk, all the way to the gentleman who assisted with our groceries and even helped us put them into the refrigerator and pantry!
Pictures of this resort have no way of doing it justice, as it's just stunning. The grounds are impeccably landscaped, the flowers are gorgeous, the pools are spottless etc. Not to mention the view, which is amazing from the moment you enter the lobby.
My husband used the gym, and my sister-in-law took a yoga class, as well as treated herself to a pedicure in the spa. But probably the most standout thing was, my brother was fighting a sinus issue from the time he arrived and decided that possibly a steam would help. The attendant who was working in the spa, upon hearing of his discomfort, offered to add eucalyptus to his steam, which finally did the trick! How knowledgeable and thoughtful of her.
We enjoyed desert at La Casona one evening which was lovely and my husband and I also had lunch at La Parrilla on our last day, prior to departing for the airport. I only wish we had tried it earlier - it was delish. The swimup bars were very nice and the drinks reasonably priced for such a setting. Villa Del Arco and Villa Del Palmar are just steps away and we noticed a lot of families with small children, who looked to be having a blast. Villa La Estancia is a little more quiet but we did see families there as well.
Now to our actual condo... It was beyond perfect! Important to point out though, these units are individually owned so each one is appointed differently. Ours boasted a fully equipped kichen, complete with new granite countertops. The outdoor patio tables were also granite. The decor was just awesome and very in keeping with the Mexican culture. The owner even called us after we arrived, just to ensure that all was to our liking / comfort. We spent a lot of time enjoying the outdoor space which included a Weber grill. It was so nice to prepare a few dinners in, after the long days on the beach. While I believe Villa La Estancia may be booked via Expedia etc., we used Vacation Rentals By Owner and I wouldn't go any other way! You're able to hand pick the perfect unit and several of the staff members indicated that ours was one of the nicest. It may be found via Google by simply entering 'VRBO 158760'. This will direct you to the owner's page. We corresponded with him directly from the onset and the entire process couldn't have been easier.
The proximity of Villa La Estancia is perfect for walking into town via the beach. It's only about 15 minutes to reach the Sand Bar, Mango Deck, The Office etc. Or, a taxi ride into town is only $7.00 USD. Beware ahead of time though, the taxi drivers don't carry change (or at least claim not to). On that note, it's really the best idea to arrive into Mexico carrying a starter amount of their currency. The exchange rate (today) is 12.50 Pesos to the USD. The restaurants will give you the guest check in Pesos and USD but if you choose to pay in USD, the rate of exchange is manipulated to about 11.00. ATMs also have a less favorable exchange rate, coupled with very high fees, over an above what your bank will charge. Lastly, a Passport is now required to deal with the bank in any capacity - even changing money.
We absolutely plan to return to Villa La Estancia and stay again in room 3307! It was a perfect, memorable vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the tip of the Baja Peninsula, an idyllic retreat awaits at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa, Los Cabos. Known for its refined elegance, sophisticated style and relaxing atmosphere right on Médano Beach, this resort creates an experience to relish. The pampering begins the moment you enter the lobby of the luxurious Villa La Estancia. Located on Médano Beach adjacent to sister properties Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa and Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, this five-star retreat prides itself on offering magnificence amidst a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Villa La Estancia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Estancia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel La Estancia
- La Estancia Hotel
- Villa La Estancia Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos