Our family stayed at La Estancia from Feb. 19-26 and had an absolutely wonderful time. We were traveling as a family (7 adults, 1 toddler) and everything from the size/layout of the condos to the hotel's proximity to fantastic bars and dining made it easy for a group with diverse interests and needs to feel comfortable and have a good time.
We had veeeeerrrryyyy slow bag delivery service upon check in (almost 3 hours to get our bags), which had me a little worried. Luckily, that was the only snafu of the week and things went uphill quickly from there.
As you can see from the pictures, the hotel is beautiful. The views from the condo balconies are incredible (great place for morning coffee), and the resort is one of the most well-maintained I have ever seen. The condos themselves are well equipped and there is LOTS of room for a family to spread out. Ours had 3 flat screen TVs (rare in Mexico), a DVD player, and mini-fridges in every room (even on the patio!). The beds were comfortable and the housekeeping service kept everything spotless.
Food and drinks were a little bit pricey ($10/drink), but everything was very good. I got the shrimp tacos at La Parilla the first day, and couldn't stop ordering them. Everyone in our party enjoyed their food very much. The Estancia Margarita (jalapenos, cilantro and cucumber) was another popular choice for our group. Yum! If you stock up with snacks and beer/cocktails at Wal-Mart, you can mix in a few lunches and drinks by the pool and still keep a reasonable bar tab.
The pool area was great for our 2 year old...it was warm and there was a large shallow area to play. The pool next door at Los Arcos had a shallow area with fountains she loved, and the Palmar pool had a big waterslide (too big for a toddler, but great for older kids).
The one thing I thought was absolutely ridiculous about this resort was that almost all the chairs were "reserved" with beach towels by 8 am. We would be out there all day...and most of those chairs never had anyone come sit in them. It was like people saved them just in case they might feel like going to the pool later. We eventually had to join suit and claim chairs at the crack of dawn so that we could all sit together. I'm not sure if this is because a lot of the people own time shares there...but it was obnoxious.
Several of us had massages at the spa, and it was nice. The hydrotherapy area was relaxing (holy pressure shower!) and provided a nice place to relax before the treatments. Again, the massages weren't cheap ($103 for 50 minutes) but they did run some specials during the week. The $30/hr. massages aren't far down the beach...we didn't try them but we walked by them several times.
Finally, we loved that it was only a quick (safe) cab ride to a LOT of delicious restaurants. Both Medano Beach and the Marina had many options...we had amazing dinners at The Office, Edith's, Captain Tony's, Alexander's etc. Mmm.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone interested in Cabo. I hope to go back very soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the tip of the Baja Peninsula, an idyllic retreat awaits at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa, Los Cabos. Known for its refined elegance, sophisticated style and relaxing atmosphere right on Médano Beach, this resort creates an experience to relish. The pampering begins the moment you enter the lobby of the luxurious Villa La Estancia. Located on Médano Beach adjacent to sister properties Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa and Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, this five-star retreat prides itself on offering magnificence amidst a relaxed setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Otel, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Villa La Estancia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Estancia Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel La Estancia
- La Estancia Hotel
- Villa La Estancia Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos