“Awesome.....if you want peace and quiet and a truly relaxing vacation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cabo La Estancia

Save Saved
You added Cabo La Estancia to your Saves list
Cabo La Estancia
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Camino Viejo A San Jose Km 0.5, Cabo San Lucas 23410, Mexico (Formerly Villa La Estancia)   |
Ranked #6 of 66 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
West Covina, California
“Awesome.....if you want peace and quiet and a truly relaxing vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed there a few years ago and was remiss in not writing a review earlier. We stayed in a two bedroom villa and it was bigger than my house! I loved it. The bedrooms were separated by the living space (full kitchen, living room, restroom). One bedroom, a.k.a. Junior suite had two twin or full size beds, kitchenette, and bathroom. The Master Suite had a king size bed, sitting area, master bath with jacuzzi tub. In case you failed to notice our suite had three bathrooms, It was awesome! The decor was fabulous, the view from my balcony was tremendous, the whole place was beautiful.....and QUIET! It's not the party place I enjoyed in my twenties, and I was fine with it.

When we checked in we immediately went to the Walmart and Sam's Club a short taxi ride away and shopped for our groceries (breakfast\lunch foods and snacks) for the week, I think we went out to dinner most nights. We also purchased a small styrofoam ice chest to load our beer/drinks in to take pool/beach side.

We did have some issues with the freezer not being cold enough (melted ice-cream) and some light's going out. We called the front desk and maintenance came to fix the lighting issue immediately, they did what they could with the fridge...but short of replacing it there wasn't much to be done.

I also want to mention I really felt safe there, as you entered and exited the hotel grounds you had to check in and state what room you were in with the guard at the gate. So you know there weren't people there that shouldn't be there.

The Estancia is between two sister resorts, Villa Del Palmar and Villa los Arcos, staying at Palmar allows you to enjoy the grounds and facilities at the other two resorts, but Estancia is exclusive to those that are staying there. The guests of the other two resorts can not enter Estancia property.

Overall service, cleanliness, staff friendliness etc. was great.

I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

711 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Spent a week at the Estancia and had a wonderful time from start to finish. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, staff are wonderful and pleasant from the time we got there to the time we left. My mum got sick from sun stroke and they did an excellent job in treating her at the Dr office. My only advise I could say is not to go full out on the all inclusive! We went into Cabo for the first 4 nights and then did the all inclusive for the last 3, best way to go I think. Get to see a little more Mexican culture that way! Pool side was also lovely, waiters to cater all your needs!! I would like to go back and enjoy this place.

• Stayed October 2012
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Well.... I am the first one to admit that being here mostly the exception will probably discredit my review. I always said the majority is always right and the minority wrong. So with such a good rating on Tripadvisor (ranked #7), I am for sure going against the grain.

Okay, so my 2 cents.... maybe it is because I used to be so incredibly pleased by the other hotel I usually stayed at while in Cabo (Casa Dorada), this one fell a bit short of my expectations.... first and foremost, I might be married with two kids, but that does not mean I am dead. This place felt more like a retirement home than anything else. It was so quiet that I just kept on telling my kids not to shout and run around in fear of disrupting the complete silence in the property. Everything closes at 10.30 pm. If you like to go out for a drink or a bite to eat after that time, you will have to take a cab downtown.

The property is so HUGE and such on a deep lot, that if you are unlucky enough like me to get a villa towards the inside, you will never see/hear the ocean while inside. Frankly I could have been anywhere else inland it would have felt just the same.

The reviews are correct about how big the villas are. We had a 2 bedrooms and it was probably bigger than my own house. That being said I would have rather have 1/2 of the size and have something a bit more modern.... the furniture felt like something you would find in a museum. The TVs were all tube TVs with small screen. I did not even think those existed anymore. And wait.... no DVD player but good old VHS tape..... No I am not going to Cabo to watch movies on the TV, however if you have kids that like to watch a bit of a cartoon before goign to bed, that will be an issue.

Also super disapointed with our booking agency. They first promised us a certain villa which we especially chose based on some criteria for our kids (proximity to the pool... etc). And after being promised a certain unit (and booking non-refundable flights....), we were told they doubled book and assigned us a unit all the way inside the property, right next to the lobby (always pleasant to wake up with people shouting for a cab) and I do not believe the sun made it's way to us more than 5 mns a day.....

Also everybody saying it's a quick walk to town.... yes for adults.... no if you have kids... to end on a more positive note, the pool at the property next door had a super fun slide which is great for children

Again, probably should not listen to me and just read all the other great reviews. Maybe I was just unlucky this time. But definitely will not go back to this property and never use again this booking agency....

Room Tip: Don't take a unit all the way on the inside. Super deep lot. You will not feel like you are stay...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here in August '12, stayed with a bunch of friends on one of the penthouse suites. It was beautiful ... room, views, staff were all superb. A quick walk into town makes it unbeatable. Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
san diego, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

So, we took a trip to cabo oct 27 to oct 31. was very excited to stay at this hotel again. after our trip I dont think I will go back until I try a different hotel to compare it with. the service wasnt what it was last year. but it was still pretty good. we had a comp breakfast every morning but werent told about it until tuesday...we left wednesday. I think that should be something to tell a guest as soon as they check in. obviously they try to save money when they can. the pool service and food at pool were good. great internet access at the pool kinda sketchy in the rooms.

i would have rated it 4 stars but i have to take off one star for the dinner at the restauraunt on site. service was good again. however, the food was DISGUSTING. we had 5 plates and returned 3 of them plus one appetizer. food was all very cold and not prime or choice meat, at least we didnt think. when you order a ribeye you expect a nice thick juicy steak. we got a cold, very thin, nasty steak. the appetizer was cold and the mashed potatoes, veggies were cold as well. they were nice enough to credit the 3 meals, honestly , i think they should have comped the whole dinner. my father in law didnt even take one bite of his hamburger, and the only reason the other two dinner were eaten was because they were soo hungry.

in a nutshell I will visit a different resort before coming back here. oh ya. they have several different room types. i think the most popular is the suite. make sure you know what your getting. if you get a B behind your room umber you will have a regular room just like any hotel room in cabo. if you get a A you will get the suite with kitchen, laundry, etc... the balconies only have a planter separating them so if your a private person this will bug you. the grounds are always kept up VERY nicely!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

These privately owned condos are a much better choice than renting a time share. No one bothered us at all (except at the airport upon arrival...?!) and the location and amenities were great. There are lots and lots of units to choose from so take your time and look through the VRBO website. There are 3 buildings to choose from, with all rooms having some kind of ocean view. Rooms closer to the ocean can be a lot more and they would be in buildings 1 and 3, so if thats what youre looking for, look for listings that start with 1 or 3 at the start of their four-digit number. The second number designates the floor, and the 3rd and 4th represent the room number. Would go back here in a heartbeat given the opportunity!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Granite Bay, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Last March we stayed at Villa La Estancia for Spring Break. We are family of four and it was perfect having two bedrooms and three bathrooms. This was our third stay at La Estancia, but our first time booking through Malcolm at laestanciavacations.com. And Malcolm was such a huge help that we have booked the week after Christmas and Spring Break 2013 through Malcolm as well. What I love about Malcolm is how patient he is and how much information he provides about every villa. I never know if I want building 1 which has great views of Lands End or building 3 which gets the morning sun. Several of the villas have been updated or are in the process of being updated and Malcom helped me choose a villa with the decor I was looking for. Malcolm always responds quickly and never makes me feel like I'm bothering him with all of my questions. Last Spring Break we traveled with four other families and they all booked with Malcolm as well. And I can't say enough about the resort. We have never had bad service and the employees are always helpful and friendly. Villa La Estancia is all about the location.. you can swim in the water in front of the resort and walk to restaurants. We didn't do the all inclusive dining option at the resort because there are so many great restaurants to choose from in Cabo. We have even caught our own fish and taken them in town to a restaurant where they prepared them for us, along with side dishes. We have found the people in Cabo to be gracious and friendly. We are looking froward to returning to one our favorite places!

Room Tip: Rooms in building one have a view of Lands End. Rooms in building 3 have a view of the water and ge...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Cabo La Estancia? Share your experiences!