“Great find!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Las Mariscadas

Las Mariscadas
Calle Cabo San Lucas Entre Lazaro Cardenas Street and 5 de mayo street | Half a Block north from the Town Square, Cabo San Lucas 23450, Mexico
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 370 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Seattle, Washington
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We relied solely on the TripAdvisor reviews to choose this lovely restaurant for our last night in Cabo. Great place! Everything good in the recent reviews and then some. Two families with teenage kids and everyone enjoyed their meals. If you're looking for great food, good value, and NOT a regular tourist spot, this is the place.

San Francisco
“It was just "okay".”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This was the first restaurant we visited during our vacation and I was somewhat disappointed. It was hard to find and we were surprised that people who lived a few houses away didn't know where this was located.

When we received our menus they gave us small flashlights to read the menus. It is dark there and even the candles didn't add to the ambiance. We ordered the calamari and the seafood platter. It was just "ok". I guess I was expecting something more.

We were there on a Sunday night.. around 6:30 and there were 2 other occupied tables. The service is good... You can tell they want you back but we chose to try out other restaurants during our stay.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Albany, California
“Fantastic restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Outstanding food, casual atmosphere, very kid friendly, very reasonable prices - all in all a great place. It's a little hard to find (we were about to give up looking for it when we stumbled upon it), but that's about the only negative I can think of. I'd definitely recommend it!

Oregon
“An absolute must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We visited Las Mariscadas after an 8 hour fishing trip and absolutely adored it!! My friends ordered the shrimp ceviche and my fiance and I ordered the crab cakes as appetizers. The ceviche was fresh, light and delicious with just the right amount of lime and spice. I personally didn't like the crab cakes but they were unlike any crab cake I'd ever had. I'm a very big texture person and they were just really soft with no contrasting textures and they put the creamy mango sauce in them as opposed to on the side. As for our mains: my friends ordered the seafood platter and absolutely raved about it. I ordered the coconut shrimp and received a huge portion piled atop a pineapple round with a delicious creamy mango sauce. My fiance ordered the whole red snapper which was the fish of the day. It came out open faced with an herby, butter cream sauce that highlighted the delicate flavor as opposed to covering it up. Everyone at the table agreed it was the best plate on the table. Just a note on the fish of the day - if you order this and they ask if you want the small portion or the large, I highly recommend the small portion which was enourmous - about a 10 to 12 inch fish. The service was excellent, very prompt and courteous staff. The atmosphere was nice, very quiet and off the beaten path of Cabo.

“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I truly enjoyed myself here. A great place to indulge without splurging. The little flashlight to read the menu was great and the food was perfect. I will definitely be going back here.