Having traveled throughout the world on business for many years, some 20 years ago we made our first trip to the Baja and Cabo San Lucas, MX. At that time, Cabo was still somewhat a sleepy fishing village with few hotels and no luxury accommodations. WOW! How that has changed.
Since our first visit, this area has seen tremendous growth along both beaches and along what is now known as the Corridor from San Jose del Cabo to the tip of the Baja Peninsula. Now, many luxury hotels have been built and tourism has overtaken fishing (excluding The Bisby Tournament) as the draw for Cabo, along with the unparalleled beauty of the area. Given, green it is not.
During these many trips, we have stayed at many of the newly constructed luxury hotels and finally, some six years ago, decided to invest in a new property being developed by the owners of Playa Grande and Don Luis and family. Without doubt, with the exception of having my beautiful bride choose me as her husband, one of the best decisions that we have ever made. We chose Grand Solmar Lands End Resort and Spa.
We first saw the proposed site when it was simply sand and rocks. And then the construction began. What has been accomplished in those short over this short period of time is nothing short of remarkable. Now, in place of the sand and rocks we first saw, is, in our opinion, one of the finest vacation properties in all of Mexico, if not the world.
Since completion of the first phase(s) of the hotel, we have seen unbelievable growth, not only in building, but in management and staff. Both unequaled in this part of the world.
Beautifully appointed rooms, suites and penthouses. Unparalleled service, wonderful food and even more wonderful staff. Our list of personal friends there grows every visit. We travel to our Southern Most Home multiple times per year, for multiple weeks and once we return to our permanent home, cannot wait to get back to Cabo.
Our friends there are too many to fully list but I will single out several, in no particular order. Manny, Gaby, Erika, Bruce, Cindy, Jerry, Alana, Martha Garcia, Sheryl, Rodrigo, Ana Karen, Felix, Leo, Eban, Roman, Rubin, Manny, Anna (sales), Jason, Pete, Roger and many, many more. Exceptional people who perform exceptional service..
We were in Cabo days after the hurricane and could not believe the devastation of the area. In the three weeks we were there, the recovery had begun and the progress that was being made was overwhelming. Our greatest admiration goes to the people and their upbeat attitudes. Nothing short of unbelievable.
As the final stages of recovery, pool repair and completion of the Main Hall is coming to a close, there is going to be construction noise. Some reviewers have been very disappointed in their stays due to the noise. Fact of life folks, progress is not always pretty or silent. Usually just the opposite.
As these wonderful people, and this wonderful resort continues to return to normalcy and even greater beauty, please work with them to further establish Grand Solmar as The Best of The Best. You will not regret it as you will be able to view and, most importantly, utilize the slight inconvenience of construction noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Solmar is the new standard of luxury in Cabo San Lucas. Thoughtfulness and thoroughness are the trademarks of this grand resort. Every detail was considered right down to the intricate designs in the walkways, the stone entries to the rooms and the construction of subterranean passages so the busy staff does not interrupt relaxing guests. The award-winning design combines the grace of old world architecture with carefully crafted modern style. And the location will leave you speechless. A natural cliff forms the backdrop and guides guests to a lobby complete with a spectacular view of the mighty Pacific Ocean. From here, you can see pelicans soaring over golden sands and sailboats scooting across blue waves. Just feet away is the very tip of the Baja Peninsula in all its sun-drenched glory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Resort And Spa
- Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos