Beautiful resort I'm sure, whenever it is finally done. Unfortunately, we had no warning that it still is a construction site. Long list of unhappy visitors wanting to move away from all the noise. Pounding, heavy equipment (trucks, loaders), but worst of all was the blackboard-screech sound of the stone-cutting saw. It would have been not so bad if only during the work day, since you could get away from it at pools on the other end. But starting at 7:30 AM and going until 10:00 PM was unacceptable. No late-evening cuddle time on the balcony.
Talked to both the day (Leonardo) and evening (Antonio) managers. Both were courteous and apologetic, said they would talk to their superiors. I requested, if we couldn't be moved, then a significant credit on our charges.
Two days later, said they cannot do anything. Everyone wanted to move; 92% occupancy; we didn't complain fast enough. They cannot offer compensation.
(CANNOT and WILL NOT are two very different things. Construction is under a deadline; I guess opening the rest of the property and starting to generate revenue from it is more important than honoring your implied commitment to existing paying guests.)
Would not even give us a partial credit on charges. Stonewalled us. We spent (with taxes and fees) almost $500 US per night. Looking back on it, what a ridiculous mistake on my part.
Also, shower was warm, not hot. Water pressure weak. WiFi went down the second day. And the first night we nearly froze; despite raising the temp setting to 74, it got COLDER during the night. By morning it was 65 in the room. The only solution seemed to be to turn it off and open the balcony door -- after the construction noise finally stopped.
And one minor annoyance was that the timeshare sales people apparently can override your elevator-button press so as to zoom their prey up to the top floor (with no opportunity to hop off and escape on the way?). So you wait until it comes back down.
Breakfast buffet at La Roca restaurant was terrific. Great staff, great food, great view. On our last morning there, it was breezy and chilly; they offered us wool blankets to wrap up in. Carlos, Genesis, Mario, and everyone: Thank You!
- Staff is the best we ever have encountered anywhere at any resort!
- Resort property is gorgeous. Such attention to detail. Everything is immaculate.
- Blue pools, blue ocean, blue sky. Beautiful.
- Ocean view is fantastic, pounding waves are impressive. (But don't expect to bodysurf.)
- Management (the folks you see and deal with -- not the arrogant money guys pulling strings behind the scenes) also are great. Genuine, sincere, friendly and helpful within their restricted authority.
- May be a great vacation choice someday. We were told that they opened about 2 years ago, and that they have about 2 more years of building out to do.
- If you are thinking of going there, I would say: good choice -- maybe in 2015.
NOTE: This review is based upon our OVERALL level of satisfaction under the circumstances. I would anticipate doing a much more positive review if we were to visit this resort sometime in the future, AFTER construction is done. Probably we won't, though. Too many other choices.
You have no recent hotel searches.