If you can imagine being woken up at 6am and sometimes earlier with the sounds of construction try this hotel, this coupled with construction noise all day long and sometimes till 10 pm at night spoiled our vacation to Cabo this year. I have nothing bad to say about the staff, the rooms or the facilities they were all great. But this is NOT a 5 Star resort as they say in their web page. They don't even have a fitness center, you have to go to the next resort up the street for the use of theirs. When we checked in they put us in 6801. A studio suite, the only problem with that room the balcony overlooks the construction. My wife and I love to sit out in the afternoon, unfortunately there was more noise than mid town manhattan, we could not hear our stereo. We then were moved to the other side of the hotel to room 2402 which did have a balcony overlooking a pool and the beach, which was pleasant. Only problem with that room the construction was 20 feet away from our front door. One morning a single worker started hammering at 5.40 am, so much for sleeping in on vacation. In the evenings there was always activity not as noise to 11 pm. The annoying part was that the front desk staff knew that activity was going on till the late evening.
What makes me mad is that we paid over $400 a night and there was Never any disclosure that the resort was under construction we checked out after 7 days and the manager would not even extend us a credit for our inconvenience. He told us we were lucky that he did not charge us a penalty for checking out early. WHAT A NERVE!
Anyway we checked in at the Hilton Cabo and are now enjoying a most peaceful final 3 days in Cabo listing to Birds chirping instead of jackhammers. What a relief.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Solmar is the new standard of luxury in Cabo San Lucas. Thoughtfulness and thoroughness are the trademarks of this grand resort. Every detail was considered right down to the intricate designs in the walkways, the stone entries to the rooms and the construction of subterranean passages so the busy staff does not interrupt relaxing guests. The award-winning design combines the grace of old world architecture with carefully crafted modern style. And the location will leave you speechless. A natural cliff forms the backdrop and guides guests to a lobby complete with a spectacular view of the mighty Pacific Ocean. From here, you can see pelicans soaring over golden sands and sailboats scooting across blue waves. Just feet away is the very tip of the Baja Peninsula in all its sun-drenched glory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Resort And Spa
- Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos